An arrest has been made!

Early in the investigation, Huckaby told authorities Cantu had come over to her mobile home to play with her 5-year-old daughter on the day she disappeared. Huckaby said Cantu left for another friend's home when told her daughter was too busy cleaning up her toys.

Huckaby has a 5-year-old daughter - GULP!!!!!!!

Early in the investigation, Huckaby told authorities Cantu had come over to her mobile home to play with her 5-year-old daughter on the day she disappeared. Huckaby said Cantu left for another friend's home when told her daughter was too busy cleaning up her toys.

Huckaby has a 5-year-old daughter - GULP!!!!!!!

I bet she never did leave Huckaby's house. Melissa probably said that to throw LE off.

No, 10:00 PST Sat am was scheduled, think I'll still be sleeping!

Lol, me too! I'm on Chicago time.

I read an early-AM presser announced that MH had most likely killed Sandra before she was reported missing. That is where I got the idea they had a presser after midnight, after arresting MH. Not that it really matters! :)

MSNBC said they will have an update at the top of the hour.

They broke into a special on Waco to announce the arrest.

Calif. Sunday school teacher booked in child death
21 minutes ago
TRACY, Calif. (AP) — A Sunday school teacher has been arrested and charged with kidnapping and killing a California girl whose body was found in a suitcase.
Tracy Police Sgt. Tony Sheneman says 28-year-old Melissa Huckaby was arrested late Friday night after voluntarily going to police for questioning about the death of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jHjvw1NOFGPL0mQ-JPqYfuNZF1LgD97G6VE00

Are there any actual, legtimate news links to Melissa's prior with the drugged 7 year old? I called KRON4 breaking news, because they didn't have the arrest on their site, and i was looking for any info on it.

I don't know where the video is on their site, I'm sure it will be played again today several times...but on NBC 11 Bay Area, they interviewed Melissa Huckaby via phone on the evening news and she FREELY told them all about it ;)

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/

I can hardly believe they arrested a woman. !!
It does seem like when Sandra went to her house to play with her daughter, she never left.

What really happened?
An accident?
Murder?
Was Melissa Huckaby's own daughter there?

It is just a lot to take in.

R.I.P. Sandra.

There was a 3 am press conference:

Arrest Made in Sandra Cantu Case

TRACY, CA -- Tracy Police arrested 28-year old Sunday school teacher Melissa Huckaby around 2 a.m. Saturday Morning on suspicion of kidnapping and murdering of 8 year old Sandra Cantu.
During a 3 a.m. news conference Saturday morning Tracy Police Chief Janet Thiessen, was called in to speak. She said "over the course of the investigation, agents and investigators from numerous agencies, have been instrumental in identifying Melissa Huckaby as being responsible for Sandra's death."
While she would not elaborate on the cause of death, Thiessen went on to say "We have information that, Sandra, by the time she was reported missing to us, probably had already been murdered."
The arrest was made more than two weeks after Sandra was last seen outside her home at the Orchard Estates Mobile home park.
Huckaby is the granddaughter of Lane Lawless, the pastor of Clover Road Baptist Church. On Friday, Tracy police and the FBI searched the Church and the surrounding area for a second time looking for evidence in her death. Huckaby teaches Sunday school at the church.
Earlier this week, Huckaby told the Tracy Press her black suitcase was stolen on March 27th the same day that Sandra disappeared. Sandra's body was found just days later in a suitcase left in an irrigation pond just two miles from her home.
Tracy police now say that Huckaby's story is a lie, and Sgt. Tony Sheneman confirmed the suitcase Sandra was found in belongs to Huckaby.
Sheneman said during her interview with officers Huckaby gradually came to terms with the situation.
"She was very relaxed for a bit then she became very emotional then she became relaxed again, then she became resigned to what was happening," Sheneman says.
Huckaby has been booked in San Joaquin County jail, where she is currently being held.

http://www.news10.net/news/story.aspx?storyid=57671&catid=2

RIP Sandra ...beautiful angel.

Thanks for the links and updates, everyone!

------------------------------------------------------------

I just looked at the picture of Melissa.
I was shocked at my own reaction to her face.
I pulled back.
I have looked at pictures of other murderers before and I have never
felt repelled.
Maybe because she is a woman, a mother of a 5 yr old. ?
But Casey A murdered her own child and I did not have that instant
reaction.

I just looked at the picture again and her face does not seem symetrical.
Maybe that is it.

Sgt. on MSNBC:

She was put on their radar due to tips from neighbors and comments made on the news.

She drove to the police dept last night. She came in voluntary to talk.

Melissa's daughter and Sandra were good friends.

Melissa was calm during most of the interview, became emotional at one point, then became calm again.

Community will have a tough day today upon waking up.

Only one person is under arrest and they are not looking for anyone else.

I pulled back.
felt repelled.
reaction.

Maybe that is it.

I must agree, I had a similar reaction to her picture.
(I can't tell if my reaction would've been the same if I had seen the pic before I knew what she'd been arrested for, though!)

FYI: The Tracy Press is reporting that the 10am press conference is still on. hopefully we'll get more info at that time.

I pulled back.
felt repelled.
reaction.

Maybe that is it.

I had the same reaction. She does not look like a nice person at all. In fact she looks mean. And who thought it would be a good idea for this woman to be a Sunday school teacher??? You know her family knows her history. Good lord.

2w66jvd.jpg

She is scary looking. jmo

I think if we saw her on the street, we'd think nothing of it...but we're looking at a picture where she appears disheveled...her eyes are red and glassed from crying...deep dark and reddened bags show how tired and emotionally drained she is...and her hair---I'm not sure what's going on there...but if it didn't have that awful 80's crimp...she'd look much more normal...

I dunno...what's scarier, a child killer in the community that looks like a killer or one that looks like an ordinary mom?

I think it's the picture along with the thought of what she did. It just gives me the heebies.

I am betting Charles Manson, sans tattoo, with a nice haircut and the right clothes years ago, would have looked like the guy the next door.

Child abusers/murders come in all shapes, sizes, ages, races, sexual orientations,and looks. It doesn't matter what they look like, if they are male or female, if they are married or single, if they have children or don't, where they live or what they do for a living.

Evil walks amongst us all, every single day.

PIO for Tracy PD on Fox News....no motive...Melissa's daughter was NOT at home when Sandra went over...Sandra WAS in fact skipping over to Melissa's trailer in the video.

PIO for Tracy PD on Fox News....no motive...Melissa's daughter was NOT at home when Sandra went over...Sandra WAS in fact skipping over to Melissa's trailer in the video.

ugh, that makes that video even more unbearable to watch. it's like i want to reach through the screen, and tell her to stop and go home =(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back