MTR Discussions

It's outrageous that he's been moved to a much 'cozier' environment because things were too 'tough' at London-Middlesex. The accused seem to have more rights than their victims and the families of the victims.

In case anyone is interested TM has just posted on the FB group that MTR was moved because he claims he was being mistreated. She is the one who contacted the media about the move.

I just don't get the reasoning behind moving MR an additional 1.5 hours further away from his T.O. lawyer(s) when we have a very nice facility in Milton?

I'm acquainted with some Fergus farmers who'd love to give MTR a "trial by pitchfork" instead of the Chatham Jail treatment he's now receiving which sounds like Karla's playhouse or "perks for the perp."

I hope the trial is not held here; there's little sympathy for him in this city. Not all of his ex-girlfriends have posted information about him in the public domain or contacted media sources. Instead, they've gone quietly to the police and confided privately to family and friends. Some of them think he's guilty and also claim he's a real whiner fixated at a child's level of psycho-sexual development.

Sometimes, a person's LACK of a comment, speaks volumes.

Sometimes, people lose track of what is really important. They have their own agendas, are selfish, and think of nothing but themselves. I guess that is what is called narcissism.

Narcissism:

The term narcissism' refers to the personality trait of self-esteem, which includes the set of character traits concerned with self-image or ego. The terms narcissism, narcissistic, and narcissist are often used as pejoratives, denoting vanity, conceit, egotism or simple selfishness. Applied to a social group, it is sometimes used to denote elitism or an
indifference to the plight of others

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism[/ame]

It is very interesting to me, that there are some who are involved in Victoria's case, that have flocked together. You know what they say....

I do believe they all share this same trait. It is a common theme. Narcissism.

Well, guess what? It is not about them. It is about the victim.

Victoria Stafford

Beautiful child, never forgotten.

That is who it is about. Don't forget it.​

victoria_stafford03.jpg

I just don't get the reasoning behind moving MR an additional 1.5 hours further away from his T.O. lawyer(s) when we have a very nice facility in Milton?

maybe there was no room at the inn?

honestly, i don't get what all the "hubbub" is about, no one knows for sure that he's being treated any better in chatham than he was in london nor do they know for sure what he gets as far as "perks."

i can't wait to find out though and if the rumours of abuse by guards are true, then i can't wait to find out if they were paid by someone to do the abusing.

I took Turbo's post about narcissists and some of the people involved in Victoria's case flocking together to mean the players in the case. I can't imagine that Turbo was talking about posters at websleuths, if that's what you're referring to.

Here is a link from the LFP about MR being moved.

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2009/10/17/11431661-sun.html

But one of the sources that tipped off The Free Press about the move said Rafferty had made several complaints about the mail delivery, phone access and taunting by guards and other inmates at EMDC.
Especially upsetting to Rafferty were threats from members of the Bandidos motorcycle gang, also held at EMDC on murder charges, the source said.

He's allowed more privileges, such as snacks and access to a television, the source said.

"There aren't as many rules governing him."
This makes me sick to think that he gets more privileges!

But one of the sources that tipped off The Free Press about the move said Rafferty had made several complaints about the mail delivery, phone access and taunting by guards and other inmates at EMDC.
Especially upsetting to Rafferty were threats from members of the Bandidos motorcycle gang, also held at EMDC on murder charges, the source said.

He's allowed more privileges, such as snacks and access to a television, the source said.

If he's already whining about being taunted by guards and other inmates he's in for trouble when he gets up here to Kingston in the Federal system. I heard lots of people can't wait for him to get here. :) It always amazes me to hear this sort of thing, it's like, what you didn't think that when you abduct and murder a little girl that there would be consequences, or maybe you just didn't think you'd get caught?

he gets more privilages because he's awaiting trial, that is the law, even though often times those who are detained while awaiting trial are treated worse than those who have already been sentenced.

an intereseting read, especially the last part

http://www.johnhoward.on.ca/pdfs/fctsh-17.pdf

The consequences of pre-trial detention Canada is a signatory to the United
Nations International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights which states that
accused persons are to be segregated from convicted persons and treated
appro priate to their status as accused persons. Appropriate treatment is
further defined in other United Nations documents to indicate that untried
persons should be afforded better living conditions and freer access to the
community than sentenced prisoners.
This certainly is not the case in Ontario. In addition to the “ normal” toll
of the loss of liberty and of prison life on the incarcerated person, the
prison experience in Ontario is often harsher for untried prisoners than for sentenced prisoners.
All remand prisoners are held in maximum security prisons, regardless of the nature of the alleged
offence and whether the person is a first-time offender or has an extensive criminal background.
Conditions in these facilities are often overcrowded and unsanitary and dangerous.

If he's already whining about being taunted by guards and other inmates he's in for trouble when he gets up here to Kingston in the Federal system. I heard lots of people can't wait for him to get here. :) It always amazes me to hear this sort of thing, it's like, what you didn't think that when you abduct and murder a little girl that there would be consequences, or maybe you just didn't think you'd get caught?

I am sure he will cross paths again with the Bandito's!

The possibility Rafferty is getting anything he wants angered Tori's mother, Tara McDonald.

"Our family is absolutely outraged. There is no way that he should be receiving any sort of special treatment," she told The Free Press.

"It's not a vacation. He shouldn't be able to have a choice about where he is incarcerated, and to be placed where he is most comfortable. I'd really like to hear the reason for this move, but answers are something our family has to wait for, like the rest of the public."

The move has outraged many observers of the case, who have continued to chat on Internet sites and created a Facebook page called "Michael Rafferty is moved to Chatham Jail!"

The public should keep an open mind about the case, suggested Giordano, a lawyer with Derstine Penman in Toronto.

"At this point only one side of the story has been heard," she said.

BBM: It's ironic. In this article we hear the defence attorney and the mother of the victim saying the same thing. Tara wants to hear why Rafferty has been moved, and Giordano says you haven't heard everything.

So?????

Where is the statement from Rafferty's lawyers? Do you think they are busy going on the defence again? They should have been proactive on this, it is going to blow up in their face and backfire. MOO

Is anyone here familiar with the John Howard society?
I know a bit about them and have dealt with them in the past, not for myself though. I live in Kingston and we have a lot of prisons here. I used to be all for prisoners rights and fairness but I've seen an awful lot living here and now think that we have overdone it. In a way they have more rights than we do while they are incarcerated.

Sometimes, a person's LACK of a comment, speaks volumes.

Sometimes, people lose track of what is really important. They have their own agendas, are selfish, and think of nothing but themselves. I guess that is what is called narcissism.

Narcissism:

The term narcissism' refers to the personality trait of self-esteem, which includes the set of character traits concerned with self-image or ego. The terms narcissism, narcissistic, and narcissist are often used as pejoratives, denoting vanity, conceit, egotism or simple selfishness. Applied to a social group, it is sometimes used to denote elitism or an
indifference to the plight of others

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism

It is very interesting to me, that there are some who are involved in Victoria's case, that have flocked together. You know what they say....

I do believe they all share this same trait. It is a common theme. Narcissism.

Well, guess what? It is not about them. It is about the victim.

Victoria Stafford

Beautiful child, never forgotten.

That is who it is about. Don't forget it.​

victoria_stafford03.jpg

A million thank yous for this post Turbo! So agreed! Sadly tho our poor lil victim doesn't get choices to make anymore. I think it's totally disgusting that MR has been moved for better perks.

Max, he will be paying his dues in due time. Unfortunately there are still so many people who think he's innocent. If that was the case, he wouldn't be staring at bars and walls that confine him. People will say it's for his own protection. No Nadda! There are a lot of places he could go for protection and no one would be the wiser. Just like Mrs. Bernardo.

for the record, i'd just like to say i don't think MR is innocent, i do wonder about his level of guilt though.

also, for some, it's not a question of whether he is guilty or innocent, it's the fact that he has not been convicted of any crime and therefore still has the right to a certain level of safety and comfort while awaiting trial. if it were your son or daughter, wouldn't you expect that too?

i'm not saying that's right or wrong, just stating fact and that the people on these facebook groups sound like a bloody lynch mob! i thought canadians were more civilized than that.

i guess i'm just seeing this from another angle.

i have no doubt victoria will receive the justice she deserves.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back