WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but get coffee and come back to class or what??? Or was coffee just the next stop on her normal routine after class and that's why it was mentioned in the article?

The girls at that Au-to Mocha do not recall seeing her.

Time cards are used at the Academy and she never "punched out". A fellow student provided this info on the WW site *IIRC*.

Oh, and ETA- IIRC all the Au-to Mochas now have security cams after a string of robberies.

Does anyone think the LE, or news, can or will lie when relaying facts to the public?

YES, I do.

ETA- We know for a fact they do in this area at least, as evidenced by the Spillman case. And that guy was a rabid animal.

pufnstuff- I thought of something you could add. Right under MC's mother calls 911 to report harassment, what about the other 3 calls that took place on another occasion when she said she was "practicing calling 911"? Or, was that a rumor??

It is a rumor, but from a first hand source on this thread who heard the dispatch call from Rivercom. I think it is probably pretty reliable.

Hey, Del Rio, would it be fair to suspect that you saw a lot of pruning of foliage in an effort to conceal themselves during post mortum activities?

No, it would not have been necessary for the killers to prune any foliage around February 13 because such pruning for concealment purposes had already been done.

Is JF still in town? Anything new on him?

Hey all! I've been following for awhile, but this is my first "post". I want to add that JF's current (soon to be EX) wife is a friend of mind. I have never met JF, but she does not believe he would be capable of something like this.

Hey all! I've been following for awhile, but this is my first "post". I want to add that JF's current (soon to be EX) wife is a friend of mind. I have never met JF, but she does not believe he would be capable of something like this.

Hey, welcome! Do you know if he has ever been abusive to her?

Sorry!! Wasn't trying to make anyone bang their heads anymore than we already have lol. I agree though, you read one thing one place and then you read the complete opposite the next day.

I don't know their system at the Academy, but I hope they have corrected some things since this happened. I would think that minors, especially those leaving school to attend, would be highly monitored. Even if they are good kids their instructor should know when they are coming and going. Not only to prevent situations like this but so that they know that students are really using the program like it is designed to be used. If not, they shouldn't be leaving the high school to attend. JMO.

First, let's just say that I am very, very close to someone who goes to school there. It was from this person that I learned of MC's disappearance, but not until the second day. I don't recall the exact terminology but basically MC had signed out for a 'break' and said something about getting coffee. At least that is what my 'source' was told. She did not however, sign out for the entire day. I assume there are two separate sheets or processes. One of the requirements for programs such as the Academy is the completion of X amount of hours, depending on the program you are enrolled in, and this 'Sign in' sheet is one of the ways they track that. Part of the students time is spent on theory, technique, etc ....and the rest they are 'working' in the shop giving hair cuts, foils, etc.... I do not believe the instructors are there to babysit and monitor their students activities. That is the students responsibility. If they don't put in the daily or weekly time on a consistent basis, then it takes them longer to complete the program. End of story. Though, I am not entirely sure how the program is structured for high school students. It's my understanding that HS students can take classes there as part of their electives, because they have completed a certain amount of required classes, and have the option of taking occupational related classes, such as these at the Academy of Hair Design.

No, it would not have been necessary for the killers to prune any foliage around February 13 because such pruning for concealment purposes had already been done.

Del Rio, don't tell me that the pruning was done in the days prior!? This is starting to align with the astrology posting!

When was said pruning done?

You think the area was prepped ahead of time?

That stretch of the river is actually a resevoir, and, as such, its level varies day to day. Since at least January of this year, the river level has been extremely low. On February 13, there was a "beach."

So, don't rely on that Google Earth image too much.

If the reservoir is highly controlled, would they allow water up enough to flood the area where the body was, thereby the killer might have thought it would float away?

Speculation follows:

I'm still going with "Dexter" theory on body disposal. (1) Deep water is nearby. (2). Body close to shore but still an attempt was made to keep it hidden, (as opposed to simply driving it into the many, many heavily wooded areas which surround Wenatchee). (3). Rumors of some type of an attempt at dismemberment.

More speculation (fair warning it gets graphic)

If we also speculate that the killer used the "Dexter" approach to the murder as well. -- (1). It would have started with a drug injection to the neck knocking victim out. {I believe the show even mentioned what type of drug Dexter was using and what method he used to acquire it.} (2). Unconscious, the victim would then be moved to a room wrapped in plastic sheeting, {very similar to those plastic painter's drop-clothes}, (3). The neck would be cut, severing the carotid artery. {very little torture or pain would every be inflicted upon the victim} (4). Dexter would then dismember the body and bag each piece in yet more plastic. (5). Everything with evidence would also be bagged for disposal at sea, {"Dexter" is a cable television show based in Miami}.

Obviously much of the above is incorrect for our situation. But if this rumor of a "bloody footprint"*** being found is correct, (highly doubtful at this point), then police quite possible have found the murder scene but with a room wrapped in plastic, there would be almost zero evidence left at this location, -- except for maybe a footprint when the suspect left the plastic covered area.

We know where the body ended up. But where would someone get rid of at least 3 large garbage bags of plastic sheeting - my first thought is burning but the plastic would be saturated with blood, so that could almost be ruled out.

The above is ALL speculation, based almost entirely upon a television show and NOT the MC murder.

***Someone asked one of the previous posters who commented that police found a "bloody footprint" for some kind of confirmation as to how they heard about it. As far as I know, that question hasn't been answered. I will ask again, where did the rumor of police finding a "bloody footprint" start?

MACKENZIE COWELL TIMELINE
Confirmed Info Only - No Rumors​

09 February 2010 (Tuesday):

<Snippage>

22 February 2010 (Monday):

1:36 AM - Someone at Mackenzie's mother's residence calls 911 to report "harassment/threat."

<SnippySnip>

Interesting that a harassment/threat 911 call was received in the wee hours of the morning on the same day the 2 "Rs" were arrested...

Del Rio, don't tell me that the pruning was done in the days prior!? This is starting to align with the astrology posting!

When was said pruning done?

What astrology posting? I couldn't find it, can you put a link to it please?

Could/would someone prune the shrubs/bushes so the river/pond water reaches the area? For a planned placement?

Very, Very, very, interesting! One might conclude that the final resting place had been "prepared" for some time, suggesting premeditation?

Does this hint to a trail had already been made down there, possibly in preparations for moving the body?

Could/would someone prune the shrubs/bushes so the river/pond water reaches the area? For a planned placement?

No...if someone pruned bushes it would move them back toward the property, not toward the river. Is that what you're asking?

Can you confirm that JF is (or was) the boyfriend of WC? I've never heard it from a source as direct as you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie