OH OH - ANTHONY KIRKLAND, Cincinnati, 2006-09 *Convicted*

It infuriates me that monsters like this are allowed to roam the streets. How many kids have to die before the system is changed? It is so sickening.

If you are angered by this horrendous crime and the possibility this guy is responsible for even more crimes, click on this thread. They're trying to 'gut' the Adam Walsh Bill by removing the National Sex registry.:furious:

They can give trillions of dollars to corrupt bankers, etc., yet they can't fund something that will protect our children

fran

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3434575#post3434575

Resurrecting an old thread here but I thought those who may remember the case would be interested in an update...

A little over a year ago, 13 year old Esme Kenney went out for a jog on a gorgeous Spring day and never returned home. She was raped and murdered by this monster, Anthony Kirkland, who then confessed to killing her and at least four others. Three of those victims were identified, the fourth has yet to be located. Kirkland had been sentenced in 1987 for another murder but was released in 2003 after serving only 16 years. He was released, only to rape and kill again and again and again and again.

He plead guilty to two of the four murders and last Friday a jury found him guilty of Esme's murder as well as the murder of Sharee Crawford, who was 14. Today, the jury recommended the death penalty.

<modsnip>

Here's a link to the original news story:
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/stor...Gifted-7th-Grader/4UrpIht_z0q6zNccs3txWQ.cspx

Here is a link to today's new story about the jury recommending death:
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100317/NEWS010702/303170022/Jury++Death+for+Kirkland

I have thought of Esme so often over the past year. This is one of those cases that just haunted me. Last week I found out that she suffered greatly and that just broke my heart for her even more. For all of the women, actually, because I'm sure their deaths were similar. Hopefully now these families can try to begin to find some peace.

I live in Cincinnati and I am just sickened by this man's crimes. I'm not at all surprised they jury recommended death for him. He, himself said he was a monster.

http://www.akronlegalnews.com/editorial/10314

In a 4-3 opinion released early last week, the Supreme Court of Ohio affirmed a death sentence for a man found guilty of killing and burning four Hamilton County women between 2006 and 2009.

The defendant, Anthony Kirkland, was arrested in March 2009 in connection with a missing 13-year-old girl.

Kirkland initially denied any involvement in the girl’s disappearance, but later admitted to killing her and three other women.

Anthony Kirkland jurors hear him describe murders in police interview (with clip)

Jul 31, 2018

"CINCINNATI – Jurors heard more of Anthony Kirkland’s ghoulish recounting of his murder of four girls and women as his resentencing hearing opened its second full week Monday morning.

During an eight-hour interview with police in 2009, Kirkland admitting to choking three of the victims and stabbing the fourth. Jurors listened to the recording Monday....

Family members of three of Kirkland's victims testified earlier last week - Esme’s mother, Kimya Rulison’s father, and Casonya Crawford’s grandmother. The first two gave video depositions...."

Anthony Kirkland jurors hear him describe murders in police interview
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anthony Kirkland Sentencing Retrial Day 2 Part 1 Witness Depositions Played in Court 07/26/18

Anthony Kirkland Sentencing Retrial Day 2 Part 2 Jennifer Mitch Testifies 07/26/18

Anthony Kirkland Sentencing Retrial Day 2 Part 3 Defendant's Police Interview is Played 07/26/18

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Anthony Kirkland Sentencing Retrial Day 3 Part 1 Kirkland's Police Interview Continues 07/27/18

Anthony Kirkland Sentencing Retrial Day 3 Part 2 Kirkland's Police Interview Continues 07/27/18

Anthony Kirkland Sentencing Retrial Day 3 Part 3 Kirkland's Police Interview Continues 07/27/18

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jury recommends death for convicted serial killer Anthony Kirkland (with clip)

Aug. 6, 2018

"...After deliberating for just 2.5 hours, the six-men, six-women jury recommended the death penalty. It's now up to Hamilton County Common Pleas Judge Patrick Dinkelacker to impose a sentence.

Sentencing is set for Aug. 28....

On Friday, Kirkland himself asked jurors to spare his life.

"It has been stated that I am evil; it has been stated I am a monster," he said. "I cannot offer any justifiable response. I am not looking for absolution. Eventually, I will answer to a higher authority. I do not blame you if you kill me. I do not deserve to live. Please spare my life.".."

Jury recommends death for convicted serial killer Anthony Kirkland

poster_9cff01c75d83481fbadc395eb60eafe0_93790633_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Anthony Kirkland Sentencing Retrial Prosecution Opening Statement 07/25/18

Anthony Kirkland Sentencing Retrial Defense Opening Statement 07/25/18

Anthony Kirkland Sentencing Retrial Day Victim's Grandmother Patricia Crawford Testifies 07/25/18

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anthony Kirkland Sentencing Retrial Prosecution Closing Argument 08/06/18

Anthony Kirkland Sentencing Retrial Defense Closing Argument 08/06/18

Anthony Kirkland Sentencing Retral Prosecution Rebuttal Closing Argument 08/06/18

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anthony Kirkland Sentencing Retrial Verdict 08/06/18

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anthony Kirkland Sentencing Retrial Day 4 Part 1 Kirkland's Police Interview Continues 07/30/18

Anthony Kirkland Sentencing Retrial Day 4 Part 2 Kirkland's Police Interview Continues 07/30/18

Anthony Kirkland Sentencing Retrial Day 4 Part 3 Kirkland's Police Interview Continues 07/30/18

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Judge sentences serial killer Anthony Kirkland to death (with clip)
Judge agrees with jury recommendation of death penalty

Aug 28, 2018

"CINCINNATI —
Serial killer Anthony Kirkland was sentenced to death by a judge Tuesday....

Judge Patrick Dinkelacker formally passed the sentence.

“If we, as a people, as believers in the rule of law, are going to have the death penalty imposed on the worst of the worst, then if not you, Anthony Kirkland, then who?” Dinkelacker asked....

“I really don’t like the death penalty, but like I said, he’s gotta be stopped some kind of way,” Crawford said.The tentative execution date set for Anthony Kirkland is March 9 2019, exactly 10 years to the day from Esme Kenney’s death.

That date is not likely to stand, as Kirkland has already indicated he intends to appeal his sentence."

Children use lemonade stand to raise money for grandfather's headstone

kirkla10.jpg

((clockwise from top left) Esme Kenney. She was killed March 7, 2009, as she jogged around the Winton Road reservoir.
Kimya Rolison. Her remains were found June 13, 2008. Authorities believe she was killed Dec. 22, 2006. They say she and Kirkland were inside a van and arguing when Kirkland stabbed her in the neck with a knife.
Mary Jo Newton. Her body was found June 15, 2006. Kirkland is accused of choking her to death in a car.
Casonya Crawford. Her body was found May 9, 2006.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme
Back