Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if his mother wants to use the insane defense. He is not insane, he is a pathological lair, narcissist, bipolar and who knows what else. I heard a prosecutor explain it in these term "mental illness does not equal insanity." His parents should have realized there was something not right with him when Natalee disappeared and all the lies he told, and no emotion at all.

You say bipolar and that he is not insane. make up your mind.
Bipolar is a mental illness.

I dont know if I can see correctly anymore. My daughter is mentally ill and behaves in ways that I do not recognize.
Bipolar with personality disorder does get worse with time. When he had that first girl friend to who he has written poetically, it may not have been visible yet.
It is entirely possible that he is mentally ill.

What if he has bipolar, with personality disorder and schizophrenia???? what if?
A normal person does not kill people. what if?
I still am not saying that he would not be punished - NO - I am not saying that at all. He should be punished in Peru.
But that illness as I know it...they are all brilliant, conning liars. That is for sure,
I took an intensive course and that runs through ALMOST ALL of them.

They can be medicated to have full lives, but some without medication can act out in dangerous ways. I dont know how to look at things anymore I really dont.
the things I see on these threads are enough to make my hair grow upwards.

And some ON medication act out in dangerous ways. All murderers have some form of mental illness. "Normal" people don't commit murder, for any reason other than self defense.

Here's MSNBC's version of the Anita VDS article:

[snipped]

She said he blamed himself for his father's unexpected death earlier this year.

"Two days Joran cried. He even hung over the coffin, sobbing.

"It's my fault, Dad," he said. "I have caused your heart attack."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37802494/ns/world_news-americas/

This may have been the straw that broke the camel's back for Joran...IMO

Michael Griffith says "we" are developing a case under the passive personality theory. It can be brought in U.S. courts against JVS. ???

I don't know who the "we" is that he's talking about, but he's been talking up that theory on tv for the last few weeks. It's a theory in international law that the U.S. would have jurisdiction to bring a murder case against JVS because he killed an american citizen, even though Joran is not here and even through the crime didn't happen here. I posted a cite to the theory a ways back. The problem continues to be that there's not enough evidence IMO to bring a murder charge now. Maybe if some forensic evidence can be developed, or a body could be found, or there were eye witnesses to the crime, a trial might be worth it. Usually a district attorney would not go forward unless they're pretty sure of conviction because if they bring the charges and the defendant is found not guilty, they can never bring the case again.

The passive personality theory was used, for example, when we brought charges against the murder of Mr. Klingerhoffer who was thrown off a boat in the Med., and also it's the theory the U.S. used against Manuel Norriega.

I think reading this article affected me more than anything else I've read about this case. It brings in the human element that he is someone's son and she is someone's mother, which we forget when discussing 'the monster' that he's become and the 'bad mother' that made him that way.

Now my heart really goes out to them in the sorrow that he wasn't given the help he needed. But what saddens me the most is for her to say that she's letting him go and '"I will not visit him in his cell, I cannot embrace him." Everyone needs their mother's love....even him.

Me too when my son was going thru his wild days it was some tough times and tough love but I always let him know I loved him unconditionally but I didn't have to Like him or his behavior and he was walking a very thin line.. Thank THE LORD ABOVE that he my son got thru those growing pains with no permanent scars so to speak ... but it is sooo sad regardless that this person Joran has indeed ruined so many lives.

Do you not understand that mental illness does not equal insanity? Criminally insane person does not know right from wrong.
Joran, by leaving Peru, clearly demonstrated he knows the difference, IMO.

Here's MSNBC's version of the Anita VDS article:

[snipped]

She said he blamed himself for his father's unexpected death earlier this year.

"Two days Joran cried. He even hung over the coffin, sobbing.

"It's my fault, Dad," he said. "I have caused your heart attack."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37802494/ns/world_news-americas/

This may have been the straw that broke the camel's back for Joran...IMO
A person who feels responsible for the death of a loved one usually becomes depressed but does not go on to murder someone else. If anything, I believe they'd become suicidal. MOO

Castro Castro prison director says JVDS to be in 'general population' in 2-3 months.

"Journalist Wim van de Pol, the only Dutch reporter ever to have visited the Castro Castro prison, says it is perilous inside. 'The right of the strongest applies there.' It is indeed a severely guarded prison of the highest level, but the security is only focused on keeping the prisoners inside, Van der Pol explains. 'They monitor who goes in and who goes out. What happens inside is not that important.' "

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_74086.php

Yep, it has been reported in various articles (quoting the Castro Castro prison director) that Joran will go into general population after the pretrial investigation by the judge. Although not necessarily Castro Castro. Suspect that not all prisons have a court house on the premises like Castro Castro.
That is also the time period that the Aruban dudes get to see Joran. After the pretrial investigation.

Songline I read that too and although I can't speak for the quoted poster I thought she might have been trying to suggest borderline disorder. Two distinctly different diagnosis but one is a mental illness (bipolar) and one is a personality disorder -borderline (and not a mental illness). At least not by my definitions. KWIM?

I'm sure the poster will come back and clarify. :)

Songline I read that too and although I can't speak for the quoted poster I thought she might have been trying to suggest borderline disorder. Two distinctly different diagnosis but one is a mental illness (bipolar) and one is a personality disorder -borderline (and not a mental illness). At least not by my definitions. KWIM?

I'm sure the poster will come back and clarify. :)

Insane is did you know right from wrong at the time you committed the crime. There are thousands of people with mental illness but they are not insane.

Found this while I was doing research: Ex con says Van der Sloot is a dead man

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/19/earlyshow/saturday/main6597757.shtml?tag=strip
This part of what he says though is troubling ~ is he inferring that Stephany's father's connections will pay to have Joran disposed of? If so, I disagree. MOO

""You know, that's a dangerous place. ... You've got murderers there, terrorists there - you've got bad people. And the problem he's facing is that the father of Stephany (Flores) ... is a prominent person. And this is an impoverished prison. And you pay off the right people, ya know, someone will stick a knife right in the guy."

Found this while I was doing research: Ex con says Van der Sloot is a dead man

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/19/earlyshow/saturday/main6597757.shtml?tag=strip
Thanks CBTampa for this link
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6597757.shtml

"They'll be lining up to kill him. He has no hope. He has no chance.

"And I could give advice to his mother, that I would go out and buy a black dress and get ready for the funeral, because it's gonna be all over pretty soon."

That's the case even though van Sloot is being kept away from fellow inmates, Levine says. "He's in solitary. He's living in a cellblock that has ten cells to it. He's living by himself. ... His existence is just about over. … It doesn't really matter if they isolate him because, even in a U.S. prison, people can get to people.

"I talked to my buddy, Bobby the Bookmaker, in Vegas. He says you can't even get a line on the guy, because he's a dead man. Nobody's picking up the action on this. The show's over for this kid. He needs to face the facts."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This says it all.... no more need for discussion on how the inmates have befriended him.. Bull that's all that is. When gamblers in Vegas won't pick up on the action that says it all.

Description of Stephany's Wounds with Diagrams

http://www..com/2010/06/jorans-stephany-flores-autopsy/

The above link is the best I have seen (and just found now) RE Stephany's wounds. It is not new, but I never saw it befoere, and is better and larger than the official material--though I presume based on it. None of the wounds indicate stabbing, IMO. Strangling is clear, as is Stephany's fight back.

Wondering whether the blunt trauma to the torso, down to her naval, would indicate an instrument? Perhaps, in typing out post, answered my own question - Yeah, his hands/fists, etc.. The brutality astounds me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie