TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think thats necessarily true. From how strained their relationship was, he could be the last person who understands her right now.

You seem to be defending Matt. You could very well be right, but what makes you feel so strongly that he didn't have anything to do with it?

I think he has the best advantage of knowing her. He may or may not love her.

I don't know of his guilt or innocence. No one here does.

Please understand that I am not saying that GP was "crazy" or "mentally unstable". That is what was reported in the media that her husband allegedly stated that he thought she was mentally unstable and on prescription meds. If GP is missing and not by the hands or deeds of her husband-he may actually be very angry at her and think she has intentionally left.

From media reports they were having major problems in their marriage and in that case-he is acting from that standpoint. I am now a widow(after 21 years of marriage) and I have never been separated or divorced. I have heard from friends and people who have that it is hell-and of course there is no love lost. Neither partner usually has anything good to say about the other...and in a lot of cases people are trying to one up each other, get back at the other or get an advantage over the other.

I so hope that GP is somewhere she wants to be at her own volition. Sadly, I think that that may not be the case and she will be found eventually-a victim of a horrible accident.(JMO) ~~PEACE & COMFORT~~ to her and to her family!

Exactly, if she committed suicide, what is she going to do with the passport she specifically put aside to keep safe?

I hope none of my posts are coming across as argumentative or bashing. I'm enjoying you're new perspective.

Excellent question. Of all things, why would someone want to give friends their passport and cash for safe keeping? What can that point to? Leaving the country perhaps? Did she have the kids passports held also? Was she taking them out of the country as well? Would Matt agree to that? Was she going to kidnap the children to another country? Was anyone going with them?

The white buildings to the left are the BCBS complex on Cameron Hill Circle. The two hotels are in downtown to the left. It's a two-minute drive at most, or a five minute walk to either hotel.

The freeway in the middle leads back over the TN River on the Olgiati Bridge at the top, straight back to Signal Mt.

palmgren-bcbs-hotels.jpg

Convenient

I think the obvious answer is that if you make the call, you report the abuse.

Unless you live on Signal Mountain, they defuse situations, not drag off either party to jail. This is an affluent town for the most part; it causes more trouble/embarrassment for the SMPD to make an arrest over a domestic call then to have one party leave, which defuses the situation. JMHO

The only answer I can think of regarding the cash hotel receipts.
He wanted her to find them.

IMO

Hi SO. he did state meds she has prescriptions for in his filing. but that tells us pretty much nothing.

I have a prescription med for my RLS, but it is actually prescribed for Parkinsons but I don't take it, anyway LOL. So, if my dh told anyone what drug I had a prescription for it would be deduced that I am medicated for Parkinsons.

When in fact I don't have it nor do I take any prescriptions at all!

That's the perfect example of knowing specific meds doesn't really tell us anything and certainly doesn't indicate instability..

IMO MP is grasping at anything to paint a negative outlook on Gail.. Meanwhile she's God knows where not only not able to prove many of them are BS but most importantly not able to be there for her two young children thru this public battle their father is waging.. But against who? Gails not even here to battle against yet he still feels the need to put her in a negative light ..

That speaks volumes to me and it cause me grave concern about Gails well being.. Sadly IMO I believe MP is quite possibly the only person who may know truly where Gail is.. Of course jmo..

That's the perfect example of knowing specific meds doesn't really tell us anything and certainly doesn't indicate instability..

IMO MP is grasping at anything to paint a negative outlook on Gail.. Meanwhile she's God knows where not only not able to prove many of them are BS but most importantly not able to be there for her two young children thru this public battle their father is waging.. But against who? Gails not even here to battle against yet he still feels the need to put her in a negative light ..

That speaks volumes to me and it cause me grave concern about Gails well being.. Sadly IMO I believe MP is quite possibly the only person who may know truly where Gail is.. Of course jmo..

I don't see the attack. He stated something that would help put into perspective what might be going on with her. Meanwhile, her friends are making public attacks on him that do not help find her and only hurts their children.

I have read most of the posts here and if this has been considered previously, I missed it and I apologize.

Has anyone considered that she really was being followed as she feared and she took the kids home to keep them safe? If someone was following her, she might have felt like the kids were in danger while they were with her in the car. Maybe she was afraid of being run off the road or shot at and she did not want the children with her if that happened....

Also, maybe that is why she left her identification and personal belongings at home. IF someone caught up with her or pulled her over, she would not have anything for them to get or anything for them to find out her identity.

Maybe she left the house to get the person who was following her away from the house to keep the kids safe....just something else to think about.

I really think she had the children's safety at the top of her list.

I have read most of the posts here and if this has been considered previously, I missed it and I apologize.

Has anyone considered that she really was being followed as she feared and she took the kids home to keep them safe? If someone was following her, she might have felt like the kids were in danger while they were with her in the car. Maybe she was afraid of being run off the road or shot at and she did not want the children with her if that happened....

Also, maybe that is why she left her identification and personal belongings at home. IF someone caught up with her or pulled her over, she would not have anything for them to get or anything for them to find out her identity.

Maybe she left the house to get the person who was following her away from the house to keep the kids safe....just something else to think about.

I really think she had the children's safety at the top of her list.

But never call 911?

Excellent question. Of all things, why would someone want to give friends their passport and cash for safe keeping? What can that point to? Leaving the country perhaps? Did she have the kids passports held also? Was she taking them out of the country as well? Would Matt agree to that? Was she going to kidnap the children to another country? Was anyone going with them?

And to you, sir, excellent questions!

A passport is an excellent form of ID. It is the only one you need (think of an I-9 form for employment; present a passport OR a DL AND SSN card). It is also a pain in the rear to get, since it is such a lengthy process dealing with the Fed Govt.

As far as leaving the country: she has been placed in the national missing persons database so she would not be able to cross the border into Canada (or Mexico) or fly anywhere outside the US without being flagged. Also, she could not take the children without MP's approval, e.g. a notarized letter of approval. Canada keeps coming up because she is from Buffalo--it's like our second home. But again, she would never get across the border.

Cash? If MP was changing the PIN numbers on accounts (according to ATRUEFRIEND) or perhaps anticipating a messy divorce, she was afraid of not having access to cash--especially without a job?

Hope this helps a bit . . .

.....One half sees a stressed, depressed woman on the verge of losing her family and marriage.

The other half sees an educated,professional, organized woman who was scared of something, and was methodical enough to put pieces of evidence out there for people to put together.

As far as people close to the case, the only person saying she's the first one is Matt...

Another thing about Gail's mental state, which may not mean anything, but if you are a mom, you know what it's like to get both/all your kids ready for 2 different overnight trips without them forgetting anything, and how hectic and stressful that can be.
A few weeks before She went missing, Gail managed to do this whilst under the added stress her marriage was causing her...and also apparently her deteriorating mental condition....
AND she also took time to consider the possible conditions on one of the trips, and then to think not just of her own child, but of all the other kids, and went to the trouble of finding and providing some just-in-case equipment for them, without which all would have been absolutely miserable.

Just an example of the kind of person she is...and how lucid her thoughts were around this time-frame of personal troubles.

But never call 911?

Maybe she felt she couldn't trust the police? Or call 911 and tell them someone is following you?

You make a good point tho...she called 911 for everything else, why not call them for this?

I'm a local.. And from what I have gleaned, as of late, I personally believe he was both emotionally and physically abusive. And IMO.. He may very well want people to believe she is/was unstable and has taken her own life but I'm not buying it, and I don't believe authorities are either...JMHO

One of my colleagues is from Chattanooga and her father lives on SM. He has told her on the Mountain, they think MP is strange and there is something not right about him.

I've known him 15 years and always thought he was a great guy--he has even been a guest in my home on multiple occasions. However, as many of us have stated, no one knows what goes on behind closed doors.

One question . . . there are many of us on GP's side who talk about the Gail we know. Am I the only one who finds it strange that no one has said anything positive in the media about MP? Even before he lawyered up?

Here are my thoughts on the suicide theory. For my thinking I am assuming a few things.
1) As no one has come forward, no one knew Gail was going to kill herself.
2) everything reportedly done by Gail on and after April 30th was done by Gail.

Theory one: Gail killed herself on April 30th
1) Why would she file an official change of address and then kill herself? Unless that change of address says "Heaven" on it.
2) Why did she distribute things to friends to keep safe? Specifically passports and security DVR. Those aren't really sentimental items.
3) Where did she do it? Why so hard to find? I could see not wanting to get caught, but it sounds like there are enough places to kill yourself and not get caught, but that would have been discovered by now.
4) What's the deal with the cell phone ping? The way it's been reported implies to me that either their was only one ping since the 30th, and that was on the 2nd, or that it had moved since the 30th. How do you move it if you are dead? Or how do you turn it off and then on again?

Theory two: She killed herself April 2nd (I pick April 2nd because of the last cell ping)
1,2, and 3 from previous theory still apply.
4) Where was she from March 30th to April 2nd?

I think we must consider Matt's remarks that she has left before. Her recent actions do give some validity to his assertion that she has had emotional issues.

I think she was a very stressed and confused woman. It seems her life was unraveling. She felt he was having an affair and she was alone. He had a job and she lost hers. Was she concerned that should lose the kids in a divorce?

I hope she will be found safe but I fear otherwise.

Loosing her job is really a non-issue...Gail was enjoying being a full time mom 100%. Loving it. The whole dept. was affected since after restructuring it didn't exist. This lay off was not a performance based issue and looking for another job was something she laughed at the thought of several times in my hearing.

wondering why would you say, "...and she was alone" ?

And to you, sir, excellent questions!

A passport is an excellent form of ID. It is the only one you need (think of an I-9 form for employment; present a passport OR a DL AND SSN card). It is also a pain in the rear to get, since it is such a lengthy process dealing with the Fed Govt.

As far as leaving the country: she has been placed in the national missing persons database so she would not be able to cross the border into Canada (or Mexico) or fly anywhere outside the US without being flagged. Also, she could not take the children without MP's approval, e.g. a notarized letter of approval. Canada keeps coming up because she is from Buffalo--it's like our second home. But again, she would never get across the border.

Cash? If MP was changing the PIN numbers on accounts (according to ATRUEFRIEND) or perhaps anticipating a messy divorce, she was afraid of not having access to cash--especially without a job?

Hope this helps a bit . . .
Ah very good.

So let me see, don't take any forms of ID with me but leave some at home and some with a friend. Don't take cash with me but leave with a friend. Something just doesn't add up does it.

It seems like she was acting very irrational. Very good points.

BTW my wife and I share a bank account and each have a debit card with our own PIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth