GUILTY MI - Mariha Smith, 5, Detroit, 24 July 2011

For someone to burn the body, it would call attention to it right away,

I am thinking they really needed to destroy evidence bad and make it hard to identify that little angel.

WHY!!!!

ETA: and why Crush the skull she was already dead by asphyxiation!!!

So from the above article, I am thinking:

-The "blurry" photo may have been taken from surveliance- perhaps the person that purchased the gas?
-Mom is being questioned extensively as to her connection with this man.

I fear this is gonna wind up like Shaniya's case :(

What I don't get is the cracked skull. Could there have been abuse/accident and she was hurt, then strangled as to cover up the abuse or accident?

Good point Chasing.

So I guess the picture is of the man the mother had an altercation with at the party store?

So from the above article, I am thinking:

-The "blurry" photo may have been taken from surveliance- perhaps the person that purchased the gas?
-Mom is being questioned extensively as to her connection with this man.

I fear this is gonna wind up like Shaniya's case :(

What I don't get is the cracked skull. Could there have been abuse/accident and she was hurt, then strangled as to cover up the abuse or accident?

I agree. This case has so much in common with Shaniya's case from the first moments.

JMO

BBM This sounds very odd to me. My 5 year old daughter is small, born at 3lbs and been small all her life. At 4 ft 6 inches she is tall, but very very thin, and she weighs 32 lbs. Sounds to me like this girl is way too little.

I hope the precious girl is safe and sound somewhere. Praying.

I was thinking the same thing.....this is indeed tiny for a 5 year old.

I was thinking the same thing.....this is indeed tiny for a 5 year old.

Yes, seems small for her age. Why this is interesting to me is that the body they found was said to be a 5-7 year old. :waitasec:

I can tell this one is gonna haunt me.

But the identity of the little girl, estimated to be 5 to 7 years old, won't be confirmed until investigators receive DNA testing results, which could take days, Wayne County spokesman Dennis Niemiec said this afternoon.
http://www.freep.com/article/20110725/NEWS01/110725014/Autopsy-Child-found-dead-burning-house-suffocated?odyssey=nav%7Chead

"Her skull was crushed and she was burned, but the cause of death was asphyxiation," Niemiec said. "Whatever killed her occurred before the fire."

State this gently as possible:

It takes allot to Crush a Skull...

Maybe the crushing was like Ethan Stacy - to try to hide her identity. If it's her, it seems odd she was so close. You'd think you'd put her further away - unless you have to stay near that area/can't be gone for too long??

Latest update on 4:00 news on WDIV (Channel 4):

* Autopsy on child's body found in burned-out home determined that the child was asphyxiated. Now a homicide investigation. DNA testing required for identification.

Ok, Me bad....

http://www.freep.com/article/201107...-house-slain-by-asphyxiation?odyssey=nav|head

QS the sister in this video states at the 1:06 mark:

My Sister broke her leg and the doctors gave her some pain pills

(I didn't notice a broken leg :waitasec:)

So she been taken them and she sleeps hard"

Mom does not have a broken leg in the interview I saw (standing outside her house talking to a reporter).

Regardless if she had a broken leg, when you're a parent, you have a back up plan for childcare if you are without the faculties to watch them yourself. The fact she didn't "notice" Mariha was missing until noon shows neglect, at the very least. Kids that age don't sleep in that late (on the planet I live anyways). And with 2 or 3 younger ones than Mariha, no way is mom sleeping in until 10, 11, or 12 - unless she is passed out and the kids routinely fend for themselves.

I am still having big problems with the window story being told by the mom and the aunt.

You have a large fan inside a window with the screen closed behind it. And right up against the window you have a couch where the mom is asleep.

And we are supposed to believe an intruder would peep through that window, see the adult asleep inches away, and that they would then SLIDE OPEN THE SCREEN, REMOVE THE FAN, AND CLIMB OVER THE TOP OF THE COUCH WHERE MOM IS ASLEEP?

The only way that could happen is if the intruder KNEW that mom was on pain meds. imoo

We have been told there was a party that did not break up until 3 am. Where were the 6
little kids during that time? They could not have been sound asleep on the living room floor then. Who was watching them and where were they at that time? Shades of Shaniya, imo.

I am still having big problems with the window story being told by the mom and the aunt.

You have a large fan inside a window with the screen closed behind it. And right up against the window you have a couch where the mom is asleep.

And we are supposed to believe an intruder would peep through that window, see the adult asleep inches away, and that they would then SLIDE OPEN THE SCREEN, REMOVE THE FAN, AND CLIMB OVER THE TOP OF THE COUCH WHERE MOM IS ASLEEP?

The only way that could happen is if the intruder KNEW that mom was on pain meds. imoo

We have been told there was a party that did not break up until 3 am. Where were the 6
little kids during that time? They could not have been sound asleep on the living room floor then. Who was watching them and where were they at that time? Shades of Shaniya, imo.

I have no idea where the kids were.

Public records show the house is approx. 700 sf.

Shades of Saniya INDEED.
Right down to the aunt and cousins being there and hearing NOTHING.

JMO

I just posted a link where the mom says that she/someone in the house removed the fan and when looking for Mariha they were putting it back (?) and noticed the screen open. Who knows what the truth is!

I have no idea where the kids were.

Public records show the house is approx. 700 sf.

Shades of Saniya INDEED.
Right down to the aunt and cousins being there and hearing NOTHING.

JMO

Shades of Hayleigh Cummings too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong