Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so frustrating, every time I log into my PC, I expect to see some new news...but alas nothing thus far. I wish her mother would make a statement at least. We are just going around in circles with the lack of evidence that has been released...grrr

I believe in the video last night about the case/vigil, it was said that the family has asked for "absolute privacy" (think that was the wording).

I think they were asking for names and spellings of names for their reports, but I could be wrong.

That was the question I heard. And I got the feeling when the
media crews surrounded her, she was passing out the new flyers.

I think they were asking for names and spellings of names for their reports, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, spelling of the family friends name, the new posters and probably trying to ask her more questions so she can not answer them. :innocent:

Ok, so, fouth day, FBI, Border Patrol, local LE, dogs and nothing.

Now I am starting to get that feeling of this really is not good.

(BBM) I think I have no problem with the intent of what you said, but I just wanted to put out there that "mentally ill" doesn't prevent someone from being a good person. "Mental illness" is a pretty broad term, IMO, and most people who are "mentally ill" aren't criminals, much less violent ones. (http://books.google.com/books?hl=en...ge&q=mental illness criminal behavior&f=false) No disrespect intended for you or your views. I am probably sensitive to your wording because I do fall into the group of "mentally ill" people, and I know what a heterogeneous group we are.

Thank you, you are absolutely right. Having several family members and friends diagnosed as "mentally ill" I should have been more sensitive in my wording. I know that the majority of those diagnosed with mental illness are not violent and make loving partners and friends but there does need to be a higher level of commitment and support from those who choose to be in relationships with those with these types of diagnoses and, therefore, a necessary piece of the puzzle when learning about a new potential partner that you would be bringing into your home.

For example, if I were a woman with no children I might be more open to a relationship with someone who had been diagnosed Schizophrenic than I would if I had children simply because I would be able to provide that person with my undivided attention which I would not be able to do if I had children. I realize that not everyone would think through it in the same way but I appreciate you calling my attention to what I wrote and giving me a chance to explain further.

I wanted to see if infact is has been confirmed that tho CC did not go missing til late night Monday(after parents supposedly last see her in her room on pc when they go to bed) or early morning hours of Tuesday(8:30am when SF says he went to wake her).. Tho this is the timeline given for the disappearance to have occurred has it been confirmed that she actually had not been on her FB since Saturday(3 days prior)..

This was stated early on and also spoken about by DD on NG show Weds. Night.. So I wanted to know if this was ever confirmed as it is quite bothersome if it is true???

TIA..

On the first page there was discussion about this since LE asked for anyone with information about Celina's activities during the several days before her disappearance.

Some here that checked out her Facebook stated the posts on there during those days were maybe automatic updates. This has not been confirmed as far as I know. Since then, an article was posted stating her mother had watched TV with her during Monday evening before she went to her bedroom, confirmed by her aunt I think.

I think LE was wanting to know her contacts in those previous days to see what information they could give, and/or in case someone saw her with a suspicious or unfamiliar person, or if she acted/talked differently in some way.

Lastly, I have lived in 2 different large houses converted to apartments - once when I was a child, and once a few years ago when DH and I were just starting out. Neither of them had finished basements... but both did have access from outside the house. One via cellar... The other just a small flight of stairs going down, as thats where the washers/dryers were. I have to say, though, that if there is a finished basement where somebody actually sleeps, I don't think there would be access from outdoors. If somebody were to go through the trouble to turn the house into several apartments and include the basement, they would probably also go through the trouble to wall off any outdoor access down there. Seems like if anything ever went wrong (things stolen, or the apartment easily broken into, etc) it could be big trouble for the property owner. So I just don't think there would be any way into the basement except for inside the house itself. And any windows would probably be the small sort. If anything, I would hope that IF there were basement access from outdoors, the parents would take that as their bedroom and keep the kids where its less "open". I would...

It does look like there might be basement access from outside in those pictures, and of course I have no way of knowing, but I truly think it is probably blocked off/walled in/drywalled over, etc.

All of the above... JMO

Respectfully snipped for space.

I don't know about county/state codes in NH, but in many places, my understanding is that the law/fire code is you CAN'T have a 'bedroom' in a basement UNLESS there's at least two modes of egress. (Like 1 window leading outside and 1 door that leads outside.) I would think there must be specific rules for apartments and/or boarding houses, and they would be up for regular safety inspections if they're operating with a business license. My guess is that there has to be a door (leading outside) in that basement. :twocents: My opinion only!

Thanks for your post. I forgot he was a vet. Do you know info about this? Does a vet have to call the VAMC for his/her prescription to be filled every month like the vets that need narcotics or is it just mailed to them every month until the prescription expires?

I have a little info on the subject, but then again, "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!" I believe there's a toll-free telephone number the veterans calls to refill a prescription that is then mailed out to him or her. I do not believe the refills are automatically mailed until the prescription expires. The information I've given you needs to be verified by the VA because I'm certainly not an expert on the subject. The only other possibly helpful piece of information I have to offer is that if the prescription is for a narcotic, then the VA mail order pharmacy will ONLY send it to a street address.

Help this helps!

I don't know about county/state codes in NH, but in many places, my understanding is that the law/fire code is you CAN'T have a 'bedroom' in a basement UNLESS there's at least two modes of egress. (Like 1 window leading outside and 1 door that leads outside.) I would think there must be specific rules for apartments and/or boarding houses, and they would be up for regular safety inspections if they're operating with a business license. My guess is that there has to be a door (leading outside) in that basement. :twocents: My opinion only!

In the photos of the house posted earlier, there is a door on the left side of the house,
(looking at the house)... that looks to be/probably is a basement door.

BBM

If he has any insurance at all.
He may stop taking the meds if he can not afford to buy them.

Questions:
Do we know if he's employed?
Was he honorably discharged from USAF?
Was he in long enough to be considered a vet?
Was he medically discharded due to his mental illness?

The U.S Department of Veterans Affairs does NOT require the veteran to have any health insurance coverage whatsoever. "He may stop taking the meds if he can not afford to buy them" is not applicable to VA healthcare.

I personally don't know if he is employed, but his employment status does not figure into the equation where the VA is concered.

A veteran may qualify for benefits (to include healthcare) if he/she has an honorable discharge or a general discharge under honorable conditions.

To be considered eligible for VA benefits, the veteran must have served more than 180 days on active duty.

I personally have no idea if he was "medically discharged due to his mental illness," but that is the case, it has no bearing on his eligibility for veterans benefits.

I feel the need to address speculation that while CC's stepfather may turn out to be a person of interest, it appears to me he is a veteran. As such, he has served his country and barring a discharge other than honorable or general under honorable conditions, I would personally thank him for his service to our country--even if I were to meet him while he is under judicial restraint.

My personal thanks to all the veterans who read this post and to those who served in Vietnam, welcome home!

I'd still like to know when the last time she was seen or talked to by someone outside the immediate family/household. Everybody is (at least publicly) going on the SF's Monday night "last seen" info, but exactly when was the last time someone other than Mom, SF, or even sister saw or heard from her prior to her disappearance? Like it or not, and apologies to them, but family members are still by far the most likely suspects if foul play is involved.

If she simply wandered off and got lost in the woods / mountains, then fixing the time of disappearance is critical as to the search radius and whether or not this is still a rescue or a recovery operation at this point. Same goes in different ways if it is an abduction - a verified time of disappearance by another party is pretty critical info for trying to figure out search parameters.

That may be the case in many places, but there is a papermill not far from there that doesn't even have a functional fire detection system. People need to understand it is a different world in this area. Many businesses could not survive with adherence usual regulations. I am however so thankful they requested assistance from outside agencies. That doesnt always happen in this area. FBI must be invited unless it involves multiple states or a Federal crime. I applaud NH today for all they are doing in this case.

Even if someone gets treatment at a VA hospital, if they need a perscription, they will have to pay for it themselves.

"they will have to pay for it themselves" is not true when it comes to prescriptions issued by a properly licensed VA healthcare provider. More information on this subject may be found at: www.va.gov

If he is retired from the air force like he said he would get treatment from VA hospital. Is there any Va hospitals in that area?

The VA Medical Centers (VAMC's) in northern New England are located at Togus, Maine; Manchester, New Hampshire; and White River Junction, Vermont. None of these are "in the area" (50 miles or less). The VA also maintains a number of outpatient clinics (VAOPC's) for those veterans who are not in a reasonable proximity to a VAMC. I do not know off the top of my head what the closest VAOPC to Stewartstown is, but if you'd like me to check, just let me know.

Anyone know if mom and SF took/passed polygraphs? I'm showing my ignorance here, but would paranoid schizophrenia preclude a test of that nature? Would the test even be valid? I ask this because the SF has been diagnosed with PS, and one of the components can be delusional thinking. IOW, if a person believes their delusions, then to them they are truth and may not register on the polygraph.

That may be the case in many places, but there is a papermill not far from there that doesn't even have a functional fire detection system. People need to understand it is a different world in this area. Many businesses could not survive with adherence usual regulations. I am however so thankful they requested assistance from outside agencies. That doesnt always happen in this area. FBI must be invited unless it involves multiple states or a Federal crime. I applaud NH today for all they are doing in this case.

Agreed, I feel better knowing the FBI is here. Was it 2 weeks or something when they started to help with Maura?? NHLE doesn't have much experience with these cases, and there are only a handfull of LE in Stewartstown.

If he indeed retired, he can go to a military base and get it for free. moo

The closest military bases to Stewartstown are Portsmouth Naval Shipyard at Kittery, Maine and Hanscom Air Force Base in the northwest suburbs of Boston. Both are over 150 miles from Stewartstown. There is also a US Air Force Base at Plattsburgh, New York, but I am not sure it is still open, and it also is quite a drive from Stewartstown.

Has there been any indication from LE that the step-father is a person of interest in the disappearance of Celina?

As Freja noted, this is a different world up here. We don't have building code inspections beyond the fire chief signing off on a boiler switch and ensuring there is a fire escape for apartments entirely on upper floors. And other than a septic permit (to "operate private sewer system"), there are no certificates of occupancy, no 15 different inspections with delays and fees to build anything like Mass or New Jersey. And before anyone says anything - we LIKE it that way!

Now, even here you couldn't legitimately ADVERTISE a basement room with no escape as a bedroom, but 1) the ad will likely noever be checked, and 2) what someone does with a room in a house after you rent it is another thing entirely (same as anywhere else - beyond control).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth