IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 * Media Links*

Lauren Spierer's parents return home to Westchester
The parents of Indiana University student Lauren Spierer have returned home to Edgemont, after 11 grueling weeks of searches that failed to turn up evidence of their missing daughter.
More...

Landfill search for Lauren Spierer to continue
After turning up no results in the search for Lauren Spierer, a missing 20-year-old Indiana University student, law enforcement has decided to continue their landfill search. Police searched for an entire week and as of Friday had found nothing. The search of the Sycamore Ridge Landfill in Indiana comprised of members of the local Bloomington Police force, the FBI, and the Indiana University Police. They worked their fingers to the bone for up to twelve hours a day, and carefully searched through 500 to 600 tons of garbage looking for any sign of Spierer's body. The frustrating end to the week resulted in absolutely no leads to the whereabouts of Lauren Spierer, who has been missing for two months.
More...

No evidence reported in 1st week of Lauren Spierer landfill search
The Bloomington Police Department has scoured through more than 2,000 tons of trash after a week of searching a Pimento, Ind., landfill for evidence related to missing IU student Lauren Spierer.
More...

Spierer family calls for more help as landfill search continues
The family of Lauren Spierer, the Indiana University student missing since June, is expected to return to Bloomington this weekend to distribute new posters on campus and elsewhere.
Robert and Charlene Spierer recently returned to their New York home more than two months after the exhaustive search for their daughter began.
More...

Lauren Spierer's parents return home to Westchester, but plan new effort
The parents of Indiana University student Lauren Spierer have returned home to Edgemont after 11 grueling weeks of searches that failed to turn up evidence of their missing daughter.
More...

Campus safety underlines IU move in day
Bloomington’s population spiked Wednesday as students at Indiana University moved back to campus.
As parents said goodbye to freshmen and returning undergrads, many voiced concerns about the safety of the campus following the disappearance of Lauren Spierer in June.
More...

Spierer top of mind on IU move in day
Wednesday was move-in day for the 11,000 students who will live in IU’s dorms this year.

In the midst of unpacking, one student’s name stands out: Lauren Spierer.

“As a parent, it really strikes up some concerns because my daughter is here,” David Highbaugh, father of an IU sophomore, said.

David traveled from Indy to unload and unpack his daughter, Maria.
More...

No Spierer clues found in landfill
A nine-day search of a western Indiana landfill yielded no clues to the disappearance of Indiana University student Lauren Spierer, Bloomington police said today.
More...

Landfill search for Spierer ends
The Bloomington Police Department has ended their search at the Sycamore Ridge Landfill in Vigo County in connection with the Lauren Spierer missing person case.

They said that no evidence related to the case was discovered during the nine day search.
More...

Landfill search ends without evidence in Spierer case
The search of a Vigo County landfill ended Friday without unearthing any new evidence in the case of missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer.
Crews pored over more than 4,100 tons of waste during nine days of searching at the Sycamore Ridge Landfill.
More...

Search for missing student intensifies as classes resume
Volunteers gathered in Bloomington Sunday to spread the word about still-missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer. It's an effort to keep this case in the forefront, the day before students head back to class.

As new faces descend upon IU this semester, a now-very familiar one will greet them.

"She's so much more than that girl on the poster. She's our daughter. We love her dearly. We're not going to walk away. We're going nowhere," said Lauren's mom, Charlene.
More...

Spierer family advocates safety in letter in campus newspaper
The parents and sister of missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer ran a full-page letter today in her campus newspaper, encouraging young people to take steps to protect themselves.
Here is the main part of the letter, posted in the Indiana University Daily Student and writen in the voice of Charlene Spierer:
A couple of years ago Lauren told me about a contact I should add to my cell phone. The contact is ICE. For those of you who don't know, ICE stands for "in case of emergency." I am Lauren's ICE contact. My husband is my ICE contact and so it goes. Unfortunately, Lauren did not have her cell phone with her when she needed it the most-June 3, 2011.
More...

Jay Rosenbaum breaks silence on Spierer mystery
The last person who reportedly saw missing IU Student Lauren Spierer before she vanished spoke out for the first time Monday.
Fox59 caught up with senior Jay Rosenbaum off-campus on the first day of IU classes.
Rosenbaum has never spoken publicly about the night Spierer disappeared. He told police that he last saw her walking down 11th Street and turning the corner on College at 4:30 a.m. June 3. Since then, he has hired prominent attorney James Voyles, who represented Mike Tyson in the 1990s.
More...

Search for missing student intensifies as classes resume
Volunteers gathered in Bloomington Sunday to spread the word about still-missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer. It's an effort to keep this case in the forefront, the day before students head back to class.

As new faces descend upon IU this semester, a now-very familiar one will greet them.

"She's so much more than that girl on the poster. She's our daughter. We love her dearly. We're not going to walk away. We're going nowhere," said Lauren's mom, Charlene.
More...

A very sad day when you look into her parents eyes and hug and try to find the words to say to them. They are wonderful caring people

Spierer family advocates safety in letter in campus newspaper
The parents and sister of missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer ran a full-page letter today in her campus newspaper, encouraging young people to take steps to protect themselves.
Here is the main part of the letter, posted in the Indiana University Daily Student and writen in the voice of Charlene Spierer:
A couple of years ago Lauren told me about a contact I should add to my cell phone. The contact is ICE. For those of you who don't know, ICE stands for "in case of emergency." I am Lauren's ICE contact. My husband is my ICE contact and so it goes. Unfortunately, Lauren did not have her cell phone with her when she needed it the most-June 3, 2011.
More...

Jay Rosenbaum breaks silence on Spierer mystery
The last person who reportedly saw missing IU Student Lauren Spierer before she vanished spoke out for the first time Monday.
Fox59 caught up with senior Jay Rosenbaum off-campus on the first day of IU classes.
Rosenbaum has never spoken publicly about the night Spierer disappeared. He told police that he last saw her walking down 11th Street and turning the corner on College at 4:30 a.m. June 3. Since then, he has hired prominent attorney James Voyles, who represented Mike Tyson in the 1990s.
More...

LOL I do not call that talking I call it running him and his buddy's have no problem sitting outside cooking and drinking a cold one on a public sidewalk

Charlene Spierer: Jay Rosenbaum is lying
Lauren Spierer's mother said Tuesday that one of the "persons of interest" in her daughter's disappearance is not telling the truth.
Charlene Spierer is talking about Jay Rosenbaum, caught on camera in a Fox59 exclusive Monday. Rosenbaum, now an IU senior, was back in Bloomington for the first day of classes. We caught up with him and asked him if he has a message for Lauren's family.
More...

Spierer's mom refutes claim she spoke to last person to see missing daughter
The last person to report seeing Lauren Spierer before her disappearance told an Indiana TV station that he had been speaking with her family, but the mother today refuted this claim.
"I have not spoken to Jay Rosenbaum," Charlene Spierer told The Journal News. "I was suprised to hear his comment (on Fox 59)."
More...

Spierer's parents concerned message isn't heeded
The parents of a missing IU student are expressing some concern that other young college women may not be getting the message about safety.

Nearly three months after Lauren Spierer disappeared - and with no break in the case - her parents decided it was time to see what happens on the streets of Bloomington in the middle of the night.
More...

Parents don't believe her college friends
The parents of Lauren Spierer said today that they highly doubt that their daughter was abducted by a stranger and expressed skepticism about the statements of two friends who were among the last to see her.
"It's easy for anybody to say anything because Lauren is not here to tell her side of the story," Charlene Spierer told The Journal News.
More...

Parents of missing student soldier on
The parents of Indiana University student Lauren Spierer are doing all they can to keep their daughter's disappearance in the public eye, hoping to generate fresh leads, though their tone has shifted.
They're well aware that their daughter may be dead, so the frantic desperation in their eyes has turned to a calm and steady resolve. Moving into their own apartment in downtown Bloomington, the couple said they have no plans to return full-time to Edgemont until this case is solved.
More...

Lauren Spierer: 3 months and IU student is still missing
It’s been three months since Indiana University student Lauren Spierer went missing. And on the three-month anniversary, Charlene Spierer released a new letter, written directly to the person responsible for her daughter’s disappearance.

“You know where she is. You are guilty of a heinous crime,” Charlene Spierer wrote in a letter posted on the NewsonLaurenS blog Saturday.

More...

Charlene Spierer writes letter to unknown suspect
A heartfelt letter released Saturday from the mother of missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer was addressed directly to the person responsible for her disappearance.
The letter came exactly three months after Charlene Spierer’s daughter disappeared from the Bloomington campus.
More...

MOM: 'You are guilty of a heinous crime
In an emotional open letter to the person responsible for her daughter's disappearance, the mother of missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer pledges to never give up searching for answers.
"If you think for a minute her father and I are going to disappear, think again," Charlene Spierer writes in the letter, written on the three-month anniversary of Lauren Spierer's disappearance and released Saturday on the family's "Find Lauren" web site.
"We are just as determined today as we were day one. You should know that Lauren is precious to us. ... We are in this for the long haul. Do you think we are going to walk away without finding out the answers? Do you think we are going to rest until we find Lauren? We will not. You have no idea who you have taken from us. We will never give up."
More...

Lauren Spierer's college friends: 'Where are you?'
Lauren Spierer's parents had already cleared out their daughter's personal belongings at Smallwood Plaza when the missing student's three apartment mates returned recently to pack up their own stuff.
That's when their pent-up emotions came gushing out.
"When we had to move out and saw her room so empty, we just sat on the floor crying," Hadar Tamir recalled Saturday. "It was completely surreal."
More...

Scarsdale Synagogue to hold event for Lauren Spierer
The Spierer family remains determined to find their daughter Lauren, missing since June 3rd from Indiana University in Bloomington. They are keeping her in the local and national spotlight through the media and by planning an upcoming event in town.
More...

With Charlene spierer's impassioned letter, let us turn back the pages of time!
I must confess, I haven`t examined the facts in Lauren Spierer`s disappearance on June 3rd until reading Charlene Spierer`s impassioned plea (seemingly addressed to the perpetrators), published on Saturday. This required a turning back the pages of time. Not magic, just hard work. Back we go, August, July, and most of June. Articles, news clips, posters of Lauren. Where have we been? Where are we now?
More...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back