ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, thanks I couldnt tell what that was, a school, apts, store. There appears to be a ball field too looking at the complex to the right of it.

Are u in the area?

I am in the middle of the country, but my Google maps is working well tonight.
I see the ball field and went "walking" around the neighborhood. Many of the cottages in the area are raised a bit so that anyone leaving would have to walk down a few steps after getting out of the front door and the storm door.

Wish someone would provide more information on how this could have happened. It is unnerving to think that children are not safe at night.

My daughter will head right for the park the second we leave the house. She knows her way there and she's only 20 months...I see that there is a daycare close by; is it possible that Ayla and dad walk there? Would she head that way if she were out on her own? It would be closed on the weekend...

Hope we get some fresh info this a.m. This baby needs to be located!

OMG ... when I read this I immediately thought of Baby Lisa ...

Similar "story" = baby put to bed around 10:00 p.m. ... not checked on until a.m. and "gone" ...

Just unbelievable ... WHAT is this world coming to ? :banghead:

What an adorable little girl ... I hope she is found SAFE !

MOO ...

I just cant see a child wandering out on her own in Maine amidst December weather. Isnt is snowing up there right now??

We have had a VERY warm winter. It has only snowed once (last month) and melted before the end of the day.

Last night temps dropped to single digits. I hate winter btw. It is so scary, either she ventured out herself, which is very possible. And no snow is on the ground except maybe a covering from yesterdays morning snow, or someone took her. I thought about her last night while I tried to sleep. I hope some more news comes out. Do we know why she is a sling? I wish friends and family would open up about if she is a wild child, always on the go, or the type that won't leave your side.

I just find it hard to believe a 20 month would wander outside in the dark. Kids usually don't like the dark or being cold. Even if she did, one would think she would turn around and bang with her unbroken arm, on the door for someone to let her in because of the cold.
Kid being taken or missing from there homes (the one place they should be safe) is turning out to be one very sad epidemic. Hope this story has a happy ending

Was there enough snow covering on the ground for footsteps to be seen?

I did some sleuthing from news stations comments. You can figure out who else lives there. really opens up more possibilities.

This does seem to be a sort of epidemic lately. Let's hope we have two bits of good news in a row. Ayla deserves to be in a safe home, warm and cozy for Christmas. Saying my prayers for her.

Was there enough snow covering on the ground for footsteps to be seen?
It would depend on the time it started. My house which is 2 hours south ( i thought it was 1) it started after 5 am.

Was there enough snow covering on the ground for footsteps to be seen?[/Q

It would depend on the time it started. My house which is 2 hours south ( i thought it was 1) it started after 5 am.

So to late to see footprints if she was taken and if she was taken before the snow started. Ugh footsteps would of been a great clue for police to work with.

They need to find this baby. I was up last night just sick to my stomach over this and all the other missing babies. It hurts my heart.

I do not think the baby would get out and wander around....something is not right here.

I just think that since we are seeing cases of missing children where the parents clam up and don't say a thing and actually get away with it (for instance Ms Anthony and there are more on WS) that more kids are turning up missing from their homes. Could it be that parents/family members now think it would be hard to prove without witnesses or hard core evidence? I am not saying any family members did anything to Ayla, just saying there seems to be an increase... Or is it we are just more aware?

I just think that since we are seeing cases of missing children where the parents clam up and don't say a thing and actually get away with it (for instance Ms Anthony and there are more on WS) that more kids are turning up missing from their homes. Could it be that parents/family members now think it would be hard to prove without witnesses or hard core evidence? I am not saying any family members did anything to Ayla, just saying there seems to be an increase... Or is it we are just more aware?

I don't know. I wonder if it is we are more aware. People go missing everyday and it seems like it has to be something odder about it to make it on the news. In this case, a child missing from bed.

Missing kids should make it to the news as soon as it is reported they are missing. They can't fend for themselves and time is of the essence in finding them. Praying for her safe return

Missing kids should make it to the news as soon as it is reported they are missing. They can't fend for themselves and time is of the essence in finding them. Praying for her safe return

I agree! No matter what! It should be an instant alert on tv., Just to have a pic of a child missing, will make people more aware of who is around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd