ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/19/ayla-reynolds_n_1157813.html

First Posted: 12/19/11 12:03 PM ET
Updated: 12/19/11 12:15 PM ET

A frantic search is underway for a 20-month-old Maine girl who vanished from her bed.

slide_201711_555738_large.jpg

Must go re-read. Was this her grandmother's house she disappeared from?

Prayers for this little angel, to be found safe and unharmed.

http://www.wmtw.com/news/30028554/detail.html

POSTED: 8:45 am EST December 19, 2011
UPDATED: 2:44 pm EST December 19, 2011

WATERVILLE, Maine -- Waterville Police Chief Joseph Massey said the home where Ayla Reynolds vanished is closed off to investigators only.

Massey addressed the media Monday afternoon. When asked if the disappearance of 20-month-old Ayla was being treated as a crime he said, "It's too early for us to speculate on that."

“I’ve had no contact with him; he’s had no contact with me. All I know is he’s the last man to see my daughter, and all I want to know is where she is,” Trista Reynolds said ABC’s “Good Morning America” on Monday.

I find this odd....how long, I wonder, has it been since they've had contact? How did he get the child without having contact?

Must go re-read. Was this her grandmother's house she disappeared from?

Prayers for this little angel, to be found safe and unharmed.
----respectfully snipped from summer_breeze

Think it was her bio. dads' house; the bad news is the mom had just filed for sole custody......I'm thinking the dad must have found out about it ; but he has not yet been named a suspect or poi.
They need to find out what he was doing after 8pm when Ayla was put to bed for the night --- did he go anywhere ? Or did anyone come to the house ?
I have a bad feeling; based on other custody cases; like Skys'.
jmo.

@ vlpate : I read that as well and wondered if the dad was watching the toddler w/o having actual custody, if that's possible ?
imo.

The mother of the Maine baby who went missing from her crib revealed she had filed to receive full custody of the girl just prior to her disappearance from her father's home.

I'm not sure how she planned on getting full custody as she does not have a permanent address and it was the State who removed the child from her care according to this article:

http://www.pressherald.com/news/family-in-portland-awaits-word-as-search-for-toddler-continues_2011-12-19.html

"The girl's mother, Trista Reynolds, is living in the Portland area without a permanent address, Massey said."

"The grandparents, who are not married and have separate addresses, said Maine's Department of Health and Human Services had removed Ayla from her mother's care in October."

I wonder if the mom could have taken her from the father's home some how.

I just hope this little girl is found safe. It has been freezing here the last few days. :(

----respectfully snipped from summer_breeze

Think it was her bio. dads' house; the bad news is the mom had just filed for sole custody......I'm thinking the dad must have found out about it ; but he has not yet been named a suspect or poi.
They need to find out what he was doing after 8pm when Ayla was put to bed for the night --- did he go anywhere ? Or did anyone come to the house ?
I have a bad feeling; based on other custody cases; like Skys'.
jmo.

@ vlpate : I read that as well and wondered if the dad was watching the toddler w/o having actual custody, if that's possible ?
imo.

The father was given custody by the state. The broken arm could have been an accident, but then again, it was suspicious.

She has just been in rehab, but NG says no drugs involved....wonder what rehab was for then?

This one is baffling.

I'm not sure how she planned on getting full custody as she does not have a permanent address and it was the State who removed the child from her care according to this article:

http://www.pressherald.com/news/family-in-portland-awaits-word-as-search-for-toddler-continues_2011-12-19.html

I just hope this little girl is found safe. It has been freezing here the last few days. :(

The mother is a guest on NG and she's talking about Ayla as if she has lost a potted plant...

Things I heard on NG:
Helicopter over stream where search is going on 40 yds from bio dad's house - all the usual pundits said, "not a good sign".

Marc Klaas mentioned there was another child or children in the bedroom with Ayla and they hadn't been checked on for 13 hours.

Waterville toddler missing

Police are looking for a toddler who vanished from her bed sometime late Friday or early Saturday, and say it's possible she was abducted.

20-month-old Ayla Reynolds, wearing a soft cast from a broken arm, was last seen sleeping in her bed at about 10 p.m. Friday. Her father reported her missing Saturday at 8:51 a.m. when he found an empty bed.

More: http://www.kjonline.com/news/maine-toddlermissing_2011-12-17.html

AylaReynolds.jpg

Another child missing who has an injury! So many of these missing children seem to be injured or sick prior to their disappearance!

In the Pressherald.com article (above) it is stated: "There were several adults at the home Friday night when Ayla went to bed. At least one of them was not a family member, he said."

From most reports, she was at her father's home. (Upthread)

Reports said his "childhood home", so I am thinking his parent's home as well. I know he was not the only one there, according to a segment on NG last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708