CANADA Canada - Toronto and GTA

http://www.680news.com/news/local/a...r-missing-15-year-old-girl-last-seen-saturday
TORONTO, Ont. - Toronto police need help from the public to find a missing 15-year old girl.

Catherine Spence hasn't been seen since Saturday night (Feb. 25) when she was at the Ricoh Colliseum.

She's described as:
•Aboriginal
•5'4"
•145 lbs.
•Dark brown hair
•Brown eyes
•Was last seen wearing a black "Columbia" brand jacket, blue jeans and a blue sweater

Again, this is not a missing teen but a young man- I realize this thread is for missing female teens, but does anyone object if it includes others?
http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/pdfs/22909.pdf
Missing man,
Stephen Lapowich, 29
Broadcast time: 13:50
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
33 Division
416−808−3300
The Toronto Police Service is continuing to request the public’s assistance locating a missing
man.
See previous release.
"Stephen Lapowich, 29, was last seen on Friday, March 25, 2011.
He is described as white, 5’9”, 169 lbs., with a medium build, short brown hair and blue eyes.
Information was received to suggest that he was in the United States and possibly travelled to
Puerto Rico.
The Toronto Police Service and his family are concerned for his safety".

*I don't object but it maybe worthwhile to start a Missing Persons Toronto or Missing in Toronto 2011 - 2012 thread just to keep everything organized and so that we don't stray from thread topics

Thanks for the update Deeds!

There was a time when Toronto Police Service had archives of their news releases going back one year or more, but they have dropped that from their website.

The archives would have made it easy to check if these young girls were located or not, so can't understand why TPS is making it difficult.

Have not yet seen an identity released for the remains found in Caledon on 22 February 2012, other than may be that of an adult female.

Have not yet seen an identity released for the remains found in Caledon on 22 February 2012, other than may be that of an adult female.

http://www.ctv.ca/w5/

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/WFive/20111118/mariam-makhniashvili-w5-investigation-11119/

"But on February 28, 2012, two men walking through the area stumbled on skeletal remains that were later identified as Mariam Makhniashvili. At a media briefing, Toronto Police confirmed they had searched the area, but claimed the exact location where Mariam's remains were found "was not part of the search grid."

"Police said "the post mortem indicated that cause of death was consistent with a fall from a significant height, that the deceased was more than likely alive at the time of the fall," but were quick to add, "the findings are not consistent with a homicide or suspicious death."

Dotr - you mentioned a 'Labrador' in a post recently (not sure where) - a hand held device that detects human remains. I sure would like to know the price of one - was able to find a lot on the technology - but could not find where they are sold.

Thank-you Otto - I know about MM, the remains in Caledon were at a different location and found prior to MM.

Thank-you Otto - I know about MM, the remains in Caledon were at a different location and found prior to MM.

Thanks ... I think that missing teens and young women need to be looked at individually and in the context of their lives at the time of the disappearance. There are so many different reasons for them to disappear. There are suicides, runaways, drug problems, those that are lured into prostitution, and abductions. Just like police categorize them based on the circumstances of their lives and disappearances, I think we need to do that too. There is a thread for missing men in the Vancouver area, but slowly they are found alive, have a history of drug abuse and are found dead of an overdose, found dead by accident (hypothermia), disappeared by choice, suicide or so on. Although they are all missing at some point for reasons unknown, it seems that when they are found the reasons for their disappearance are completely unconnected.

In the case of missing teens and young women in the Toronto area, I would be interested in seeing how many of them disappeared from solid, stable homes where there was no connection to anything illegal. That would help me understand which of them were missing because of poor choices and how many were missing because something terrible was done to them. I don't mean to suggest that those that disappear because of poor choices are any less important, but by grouping all of the missing teens/women together, one almost gets the impression that a serial murderer is at work ... the same hypothesis that is behind the missing men in Vancouver. It's not true in the Vancouver cases, and I kind of suspect it isn't true in the Toronto cases.

Body found near pond in Durham region

"Durham Regional Police are investigating after a body was found in a pond on Wednesday morning near Concession Rd. 7 and Davis Dr. in Uxbridge."

" “The pond started to thaw out with the mild temperatures and they discovered what they thought was a body,” says Murphy, referring to the resident who called police about the grisly find.

According to police, the body had been there for some time. "

"Murphy said it is too early in the investigation to reveal the age or sex of the deceased."

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/article/1146015--body-found-near-pond-in-durham-region

--------

This is one street away from where Margarita Shumakova remains were found 2011 on Concession Rd. 8

Found Deceased CANADA - Margarita Shumakova, 18, Toronto, ON, 3 July 2011 - found in Uxbridge, ON - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

--------

Police identified the body as a man from Toronto, but no further information is being released.

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1147678--foul-play-ruled-out-after-body-found-in-uxbridge-pond

I'm having difficulty with this one - some guy from Toronto travels to Uxbridge (how?) in order to drown himself in someone's private pond? Why that location? Did he walk there? Did he know the owners? Did he fall ill due to a medical situation? If so, why was he at that location?

Melanie Biggersingh was recently identified after 17 years as an unknown murder victim from Toronto (found in Vaughn) and her brothers death 2 years prior to her death was ruled a suicide, which has now been reopened as a possible homicide.

I understand families will want a certain amount of privacy, but who is watching these cases in order to confirm LE isn't making a mistake or their jobs easier? Last year 2000 Toronto cops earned over $100K - why put themselves out?

I dislike the secrecy given how many cops have been charged with serious crimes. Jmo.

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/pdfs/22889.pdf
On Thursday, January 5, 2012, the Toronto Police Service issued a news release requesting
the public’s assistance locating a missing man.
Ajay Mathur, 20, was last seen on Friday, December 24, 2011, in the John Garland
Boulevard/Martin Grove Road area, and was last spoken to over the phone on Saturday,
December 30, 2011.
See previous release.
Police have released a second photograph of Ajay Mathur.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416−808−2300, Crime Stoppers
anonymously at 416−222−TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your
message to CRIMES (274637), or Leave A Tip on Facebook.

He was located deceased in the Niagara River on March 22.
http://www.insidetoronto.com/news/local/article/1326923--police-identify-body-as-missing-man

Missing girl,
Jane Truong, 14

Broadcast time: 14:24
Thursday, April 5, 2012
31 Division
416−808−3100

The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public's assistance locating a missing girl.

Jane Truong, 14, was last seen on Wednesday, April 4, 2012, at 9:30 p.m., in Hamilton, Ontario.

She is described as 5’1”, 90−100 lbs, with dark−brown shoulder−length hair. She wears glasses. She was last seen wearing blue jeans, a white long−sleeved sweater, black leather jacket and grey/white shoes.

She lives in Toronto and is believed to be in the Hamilton or Kitchener area.
Police are concerned for her safety.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416−808−3100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416−222−TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637), or Leave A Tip on Facebook.

Attachments

• 23173.pdf
    212.4 KB · Views: 5
Missing girl,
Tiffany Parks, 17

Broadcast time: 13:35
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
51 Division
416−808−5100

The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public’s assistance locating a missing girl. Tiffany Parks, 17, was last seen on Sunday, April, 2, 2012 at 2 p.m., in the Bleecker Street/Earl Street area.

She is described as white, 5’3”, 155 lbs., with brown eyes and brown hair.
Police are concerned for her safety.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416−808−5100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416−222−TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637), or Leave A Tip on Facebook.

Attachments

• 23198.pdf
    254.4 KB · Views: 2

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members