Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #3 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You obviously don't live in an area like mine. Most parents around here don't even have a phone, period, so their kids definitely don't have iphones.

Actually, I'm VERY familiar with the Beaumont area ;)

It is possible to know exactly where your kids are 24/7. I do. If they are not at school, they are either with me, my boyfriend (who isn't a monster, regardless of what Dr. Laura would say), or their grandparents.

The safety of my kids is not negotiable. I can find a different job or give up something to ensure their safety. Because if something were to happen to one of them, no amount of money or things in the world is going to make up for that.

I was a very hands on mother when our children were growing up. Very overprotective, but I cant honestly say I watched them every minute of everyday like a hawk. I had to sleep and so did their stepdad. I had to work and so did he. They played in the yard and the back woods behind our house. They went with their friends to the mall, school and out to eat..over to their friends' house..etc.

As they grew older I learned not to be a helicopter mom and hover over them constantly. Imo, freedom and trust must be given or it stunts their social growth.

Could one of them been abducted by someone? Yes, most likely.

Children have been abducted in all sorts of situations. They came from good parents too but imo, parents cant watch their children every minute and it doesnt take but a blink of an eye for a child to be gone.

IMO

Exactly. And no parent can watch their children 24/7 no matter if they are very good parents. Its just not humanly possible.

The mother certainly isnt to blame for what happened to Sierra and at this time we dont know if she went willingly with someone that she trusted and it has turned out to be someone she shouldnt have trusted at all.

No, her mother shouldnt be expected to walk her to the bus stop, imo and a 15 year old would cringe if their mother did that as if they were an elementary child.

I agree with most of your points with exception to one.

Have you seen where the bus stop was located? I'll try to find that map again. Sierra was the only student at that stop, meaning she waited alone there on the side of the road. Personally, I would never have let my daughter do that. Rural area or not, I wouldn't take that chance.

IMO, the move may have been related to the higher-ranked high school, possibly better support services, etc. I'm speculating here that the mother, employed as an occupational therapist, is obviously an educated woman and may even work within the education system.

Additionally, in one of the interviews I saw of Mom (Nancy Grace Show? I don't recall.), she appeared to emphasize that her daughter try her best in school and work to capacity, rather than the importance of grades.

It struck me as the move to a new high school (and from Father to Mother) might possibly be related to an educational situation, but just my speculation.

You obviously don't live in an area like mine. Most parents around here don't even have a phone, period, so their kids definitely don't have iphones.
And I think that the cultural differences are important to take note of. In this area where she went missing, kids her age and younger generally have smart phones, be it iphones, droids, etc. Most of these phones require a data package and most of the kids are using them for that purpose. Not having a smart phone is not all that common. Not having a phone is pretty much unheard of at this point (right or wrong, just stating facts).

I was a very hands on mother when our children were growing up. Very overprotective, but I cant honestly say I watched them every minute of everyday like a hawk. I had to sleep and so did their stepdad. I had to work and so did he. They played in the yard and the back woods behind our house. They went with their friends to the mall, school and out to eat..over to their freinds' house..etc.

As they grew older I learned not to be a helicopter mom and hover over them constantly. Imo, freedom and trust must be given or it stunts their social growth.

Could one of them been abducted by someone? Yes, most likely.

Children have been abducted in all sorts of situations. They came from good parents too but imo, parents cant watch their children every minute and it doesnt take but a blink of an eye for a child to be gone.

IMO
Polly Klaas was taken out of her bedroom. Sometimes it doesn't matter how protective you are....

I dont read her twitter account. I did one time and found it quite alarming and vulgar.

So then why didnt she stay with him? What age can a child choose which parent to live with?

Although I have never figured out how he could be around any underage children because he is a RSO.

I think that is our answer to why she is living with Mom. She could have no friends over to the house if she lived with him.

More at the transcript:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1203/20/ng.01.html

ELLIE JOSTAD, NANCY GRACE CHIEF EDITORIAL PRODUCER: Right. In fact, her friends say that she would often travel to Fremont, which is the town she lived in before she transferred to this new school. They said she was back all the time, she stayed with her dad. That she actually, you know, didn`t want to leave.

She wanted to kind of stay in Fremont. Stay living with her dad. Stay there with her friends, but her mom, you know, moved to this new town and wanted her to accompany her. So there`s no indication that they had any sort of fractured relationship despite his status.

More: http://www.contracostatimes.com/top...er-missing-morgan-hill-girl-asks-public-focus

Sierra's sister, Danielle LaMar, 21, said despite her father's conviction and her parents' divorce, the family of four remains tight-knit. "I've always been really close with my dad," she said.

The night before Sierra disappeared, Danielle LaMar left Sacramento State for spring break and joined her father at his Fremont townhouse. On their way back from dinner, Sierra, a 5-foot-2-inch brunette, called. They put her on speakerphone.

"She was talking about how she wanted to get her hair done the next time she went to Fremont. She wanted to add some blond streaks," Danielle LaMar said. "She was very excited about one of her school assignments, telling me about her research paper. Bringing up her grades made her happy."

much more at the link.......................

Thank you. I dont know what 'kind of wanted to stay with her dad'means.. is this when she went back to visit in Freemont?

Did she have a legal choice which parent to live with?

I dont doubt the girls were close to their dad. He probably told them he had to plea the case or he would go to prison and they believed him instead of the three girls he committed the lewd acts on.

IMO

I think that is our answer to why she is living with Mom. She could have no friends over to the house if she lived with him.

Yet we've read she wanted to stay with dad...?

Thank you. I dont know what 'kind of wanted to stay with her dad'means.. is this when she went back to visit in Freemont?

Did she have a legal choice which parent to live with?

I dont doubt the girls were close to their dad. He probably told them he had to plea the case or he would go to prison and they believed him instead of the three girls he committed the lewd acts on.

IMO

I don't assume anything about what the dad told them. They all lived through it ... first hand.

He's not a violent offender and those exclusions don't pertain + he has visitation with his daughters, as minors.

From what I can gather listening now to 2 different news reports on TV. Does not sound like anything was found today during the search. No plans for one tomorrow unless a promising tip or tips comes in overnight.

I don't assume anything about what the dad told them. They all lived through it ... first hand.

Well that is true but if I knew my dad had committed 12 lewd acts on three of my friends, I certainly wouldnt be close to him, and I would be very ashamed of what he did.

But thats just me.

IMO

He's not a violent offender and those exclusions don't pertain + he has visitation with his daughters, as minors.

I dont understand that. He is a registered sex offender on girls under the age of 14.

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member