GUILTY AL - Jack Girdner, 73, & DeJerinett twins, 9, found murdered, Hope Hull, 3 June 2012

It sounds like they're very close to that man's home. Not sure what to think at this point.

The waiting is the hardest part....

Looking at the map, the area described in the WAKA CBS8 article is near the man's home.

(OT...I need to figure out how to post a map from an IPAD.)

The local news here had a brief clip that simply said that investigators where on the scene of a homicide and it may be connected to the twins that they would bring more information as it became available, so I checked here to see if you guys knew more but I guess not yet. I pray they are okay and its not them.

If this is indeed near the man's home, then I think we can certainly assume this has something to do with this case.

Feeling sadness....anxious to hear more.

Looking at the map, the area described in the WAKA CBS8 article is near the man's home.

(OT...I need to figure out how to post a map from an IPAD.)

I would assist you Bit...but I have never posted a map from my iPad. Can you simply post the link to the map?

It bothers me that the first story said no suspects or victims have been named. Those are both plural. They wouldn't write plural ordinarily, would they? I'm holding out hope that it's just the man. Maybe someone took off with the kids, and they're still okay.

I live about 20 miles south of this area. Lowndes Co. and the Hope Hull area is very rural. I have been glued to the TV and local media sites waiting on news. Everything is very hush-hush right now. Very eerie.

I don't have a good feeling. Just very confused about all this.

I won't judge the mom for picking them up after midnight though. Not sure where she works but there are several hospitals nearby that employ a lot of the residents of Hope Hull. Maybe she worked the 3-11 shift or something? No clue...just a guess but there are lots of places she might have worked and not gotten off until very late.

ugh... It is a very strange vibe around here right now. We have our share of crime around here but this is different.

Before the most recent report of homicides in the area, WSFA reported on the 6p news that they believed they were all still in the area. There is some reason there was never an Amber Alert because they are routinely done here.

One thing is clear by the reporting - LE knows a lot more than they are releasing to the public.

eta: I know it seems obvious by the comments left on the "ABI investigating apparent homicide" article linked, but I am not convinced that this is the same case. That area has it share of crime and it could be a different matter. Plus, they use the singular 'homicide'.

I dunno. Just hoping...trying to keep faith and hope.
Some of the articles described him as the caretaker which makes more sense if he was the "nanny" while she was a work.

My alarm is set to go off in 5 hours so I've got to give up the watch tonight.

Considering what we know now, I dread waking up to the early morning news. WSFA starts reporting live about 5am central time.

Keeping them all in my prayers tonight. Especially Jordan, Taylor and their mom.

God, I hope I wake up to better news than I expect. :(

Beach, get some rest.

We don't have all of the facts yet. But it doesn't sound good. My belief that the man was innocent of any wrongdoing has grown. But I can't say why just yet. I hope I'm right. Because I like to believe that there are good people in this world who are willing to help others. Without that belief, it is very difficult to deal with those who are evil.

This is really hard to think about as I go to bed. I really don't have a good feeling about this situation. For some reason I do not feel like this man did anything to harm the kids. But I have no idea what is going on so who knows...:rose:

My alarm is set to go off in 5 hours so I've got to give up the watch tonight.

Considering what we know now, I dread waking up to the early morning news. WSFA starts reporting live about 5am central time.

Keeping them all in my prayers tonight. Especially Jordan, Taylor and their mom.

God, I hope I wake up to better news than I expect. :(

I read these too. If those statements are true then this could tie up some loose ends.

There is also a female listed at that address. Are we sure this is the right address for Jack?

Yes. We figured out the name. It was first reported as Jack Mac Girtner, and it some reports combined the middle name with the last name. I'm sure he went by Mac. We know where he lived, and we know he had a wife. They seem to have moved from California to Alabama. I haven't been able to figure out whether she's living there. She has active insurance agent license in California.

We're just waiting for what we think will be very bad news. I have seen some terrible rumors that I hope prove to be false. But I'm not hopeful. I'm a little miffed right now that nobody has anything on this. The TV stations have not update what they reported last night, and there is nothing in the newspaper. I expect a mid-morning news conference with few details and no suspect named. I guess we'll see.

Praying for these beautiful children! :please:

I can't find any updates this morning. Hopefully some locals will come on board.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmmm_soup
Back