Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before people start bringing in the snark, please, let me just say that I'm sure we're all aware that humans will see patterns in things that aren't there, and it's obvious that that's what we're doing with this picture that Quueenie posted. But please, if it gives some of us some small measure of comfort to see Mickey's face in the foliage, then please, let us have that comfort.

Not directed at anyone, I promise, just worried that this is gonna turn into one of those "big dog head in the window of the DWT" things again, and I don't want that to happen. Please, for Mickey's sake, if you're thinking we're ridiculous, just smile, nod, and humor us, okay?

Before people start bringing in the snark, please, let me just say that I'm sure we're all aware that humans will see patterns in things that aren't there, and it's obvious that that's what we're doing with this picture that Quueenie posted. But please, if it gives some of us some small measure of comfort to see Mickey's face in the foliage, then please, let us have that comfort.

Not directed at anyone, I promise, just worried that this is gonna turn into one of those "big dog head in the window of the DWT" things again, and I don't want that to happen. Please, for Mickey's sake, if you're thinking we're ridiculous, just smile, nod, and humor us, okay?
It wasn't a big dog head. It was a big horned owl head!:D

Queenie, was this taken at the cemetary where she was found?

Well said, BayouBecky

ITA...I have only been posting a couple of months, and I guess you retain your newbie status until a mod slaps you with your first Time out. So anyone who wants to see me jump immediately from WS newbie to WS veteran, just make a snarky comment. I think we are all entitled to see some beauty in the photo, bc God knows we have had to see far too much ugliness in this case. JMO.

I didn't know Micky, but somehow she represented all of us, our youth, our hope, our vulnerability, our enthusiam about life. I feel like I have been punched in the stomach.

I am a 60 year old male who is terribly saddened by the tragic events that have made us acknowledge that even without our friends and families we have been exposed to the fact that we are at the mercy of our friends, our families and our neighbors. I see so many people have been brought together because of Micky and our pain has been joined in a huge black cloud hanging over our dear South Louisiana.

The families of Micky and Lisa have been through much, but so have the families of all the girls missing in our area. I know they must live with the questions today of "Is my daughter among his victims?" BSL is charged with having committed the act of murder, such a dirty word to me. How can anyone live with themselves after that. I know some of BSL's family and they are in tremendous pain as well. They must now live with the whispers and rumors and the guilt.

I am not a religious man at all. But I do believe that each person has somehow benefited from knowing and joining in the fact that we are all victims tonight and we have shared in something much bigger than ourselves.

May God Bless all of you. You have given me much. You have made me seen again that people do care. May you all be blessed and find it in your heart to continue on and try to heal. Do not let Micky's death be for nothing. Remember the good in her. And remember that she has brought out the best in you. You are caring, loving, supportive people and I am proud to be from this area. I know that BSL will get whatever it is he deserves. None of us ever escapes that.

I feel like I have been punched in the stomach. RIP Micky and Lisa

Thank you for this. I am normally a very sweet person, however you know what they say... most people are as nice as they are mean. The person who sent me this was there on business, and he did not have to share with me. As much as everyone on this site cared about finding Mickey, I thought it would be nice to share it with all of you. It made me smile, and I was hoping it would do the same for others. If people get ugly I will request it be pulled, if possible by mods, but I hope instead, it can just be enjoyed.

I have been thinking that when other people have gone missing, has the community cared so much and LE put in so much work then maybe cases such as Lauren spierer, britteny wood, holly bobo and brittanee Drexel may have the chance to be solved.

I saw the face as soon as ocean circled it and the butterfly NY circled. Also, 3 m's, a cat face and a small bike.

IMO it is a collage, a gift of comfort.

That was simply beautiful and the words so appropriate for all of those in grief tonight and yet so very thankful Mickey is back with her family and all who loved her. You people are so wonderful and all this time Mickey has been watching you try so valiantly to help. I'm so thankful to be in your company.

Good Night beautiful child. R.I.P.

:grouphug:

Can someone please link me directly to the family statement, I go onto katc and click video but it won't let me go any further

I saw the face as soon as ocean circled it and the butterfly NY circled. Also, 3 m's, a cat face and a small bike.

IMO it is a collage, a gift of comfort.

I see a collage NOW... took a little help, but IMO it is soothing
to me at least!
♥ to Steve P, Bayou Becky,
Mickey and everyone that has been concerned about her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth