Identified! IL - Champaign Co., WhtFem Skeletal 220UFIL, 19-41, in cornfield, May'95 - Keri Lyn Wyant

How long before Matt's site is back up? I am dying to get another look at the mystery girl photo.

I got a PM from someone here who has the photo and I asked them to send it to me. As soon as I get it, I'll link it back to here.
Matt's website was hacked really badly. I have no idea how long it will take, but his web guys are working on it.

OKay, here is the pic (attached) from Matt's site (all thanks to Pugsley!!!!)

Attachments

• mirror image.jpg
    mirror image.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 240
Yaya said:
Shadow I can't get it to open... any suggestions?
Not off hand, it opens okay for me...<modsnip> I have another idea.

If anyone else has a problem, let me know, I'll try something else. I have the pics side-by-side in a text file, but it is too large to attach here.

You might have better results by placing the file in a yahoo photos section and sharing out an "album" as "public" with that photo in it, and then posting an ordinary link to your yahoo photos section. Or place the picture on one of the many free websites out there and then post a link to it that way.

Edited to add:
I did not see cashews post with kind offer to help while I was composing my own post.

Here ya go...
69298.jpg
69296.jpg

I can absolutely see the resemblence-they look like the same person to me and I'm usually not very good at seeing the comparisons like some of you are.

Becca

Thanks, Yaya! Yep, the resemblance is amazing. Actually gave me the chills.

I have been looking at the two photos side by side and the resembelance is sticking. However, I do think the cirumstances make it a long shot.

mjak

I've been discussing this with Yaya, and she makes some valid points...Camille worked at some point as a dancer, and its evident Floyd was involved in the club scene to some degree. Floyd was known to have been in Arizona at various times, most likely '81 and again in '87. There are also gaps in his known whereabouts at various times, and his being Las Vegas at some point is not out of the question. Floyd is known to have visited the Chicago area, so there is the Illinois tie-in.

Tenuous, I agree, but the resemblance speaks for itself. And, of course, its not absolute that they ever had to meet for Floyd to have Camille's picture. Floyd may have had nothing to do with her disappearance. In early-mid '94, he was on probation in Oklahoma, but was only required to check in weekly and provide pay stubs showing he was working. As the custodian of an apartment complex, he probably made his own hours. And, of course, in July of '94 he attacked CB at knifepoint...

I found out that Dotson was arrested in '87 for assaulting Camille, but she later dropped the charges. In 2003, Dotson made a public appearance in Chicago as Gov. Ryan commuted the sentences of all prisoners on death row.

Shadowangel,

What do you mean by he made a "public appearance"? He wasn't on death row, was he? I'm just curious. I did read that he was the first person exonerated on either rape or murder charges by DNA in a certain state, possibly Illinois. I don't remember which state right now, but it was Illinois or Nevada.

On a side note, it seems people are "cleared by DNA", but they turn out to be murderers after all. It makes me wonder if DNA is not so accurate or shouldn't be the one rule in charging or releasing someone. What state was it recently where a man who was released from prison, after cleared by DNA, was found last month to have a missing woman burried in his yard. It makes me wonder if he really did do the first murder and shouldn't have been released.

Dotson became a "poster boy" for the wrongly convicted, and opponents to the death penalty rallied around him as an example of what can go wrong in our legal system. He was never on death row himself, but he did serve 10 years of a 12 year sentence (for rape, not murder). The young woman who alleged Dotson was her attacker later recanted. Though he was released in '85, Dotson wanted the record "wiped clean" and a DNA test exonerated him.

I have been unable to determine at what point Camille and Dotson seperated, but it appears they spent most of their early years together in IL. It also appears their relationship began while Dotson was in prison, as they were married almost as soon as he was released.

Further info...In July of '77, a young woman claimed she had been raped by Dotson. Based on apparently faulty bodily fluid testimony, Dotson was convicted. In '85, the young woman recanted, stating she made up the rape story to cover the fact that she had had consensual sex with her boyfriend and feared pregnancy. Dotson met Camille during the series of hearings seeking his release. Though the state refused to reverse the decision, Dotson was released on parole with time served. In January '87, Camille gave birth to a daughter. Later in '87, Dotson assaulted Camille and was arrested. His parole was revoked. Sensing the public support for Dotson, and fearing backlash from his administration's poor handling of a food poisoning outbreak, the governor granted a "last chance" parole to Dotson on Christmas Eve. Two days later, he was involved in a bar fight (so it was widely reported, he actually assaulted a 67 year-old waitress because he didn't like the sandwich he was served). In December of '87, Camille filed for divorce. In '88, DNA testing eliminated Dotson as having had sex with the accuser. It was ruled that he was entitled to a new trial; however, the state chose not to prosecute and Dotson was exonerated in August of '89.
It appears that Camille later married again, someone by the name Diaz. I have discovered that someone posted a message on the "Missing In America" website in 2003 seeking Camille or information on her whereabouts. I am considering contacting this person and getting their opinion on Floyd's mystery photo.
It is possible that Floyd and Dotson may have a link through CONS (Church of the New Song)-credit to Yaya for that thought. Dotson most likely served time in the late '70s in the Marion IL facility, one of the primary CONS prisons. Floyd served time there himself in the late '60s, and is believed to have maintained connections to his CONS "brethren".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back