Misinformation on other forums

Jayelles said:
There are a few new members here lately and I'd like to say welcome to you all.

I've been a member of Websleuths for over 6 years and there are loads of members who have been here longer than me. I like the familiarity and the varied discussion thay comes through all POVs being made welcome.

I only visit CTV occasionally and it seems that everytime I do, it's a whole new bunch of people posting there! I agree with you that it can get nasty there though. I stopped going there for a long time because there was a small but very nasty group who were like a tag team.

I only really recognise some posters at CTV - like Rashamon who is a member here and LouiseDelmar who posts as Tipper everywhere else and who is or used to be a member here.
J

Jayelles I so respect the openminded informed way that you post. I loved your model regarding the size 12 underwear. Jayelles, I want you to know that I have been passionate about the JonBenet murder for every day of its existence. It started for me sitting in front of the tv realizing someone kidnapped that darling little girl. I have followed it televsion reports and magazines and newspaper accounts from that moment on. I was terrified for my own grandaughter near the very same age. Only mere months apart in ages. I remember Patsy Ramsey shaking her finer in our faces. I know people from that neighborhood that have been friends of our for years. You cannot get to their house without passing by the Ramseys. I live in the Boulder Valley and as such I know Boulder is unlike anywhere on earth. It is that 23 square miles surrounded by the rest of reality. It is a bastion of liberalism. However they worked diligently to find the murderer of JonBenet. I know others were investigated besides just the Ramseys. So much of that is spin. Yet at all times the evidence led back to their own door. JMHO
It was never true they persecuted the Ramseys, what some don't realize is there was a public outcry at the special treatment they demanded and received in reality. It reminds you of OJ....where the rich and connected get away with.........you get the picture. It was a crushing blow that this murder was not prosecuted. Or at least that seems to be the public view. Some of the knowledge I have does not have links. Knowing people who knew them.... the politics etc.

I don't want to get too long winded in one post however I cannot help but compare us to Vermont right now. Where twice now in recent months in separate cases Vermont judges have declined to give time but recommed rehabilitation to convicted child molesters. In one matter the judge was more or less forced to give a ridiculous low amount of time due to public outcry. I hate to say this. But this smacks of Boulder politics. Where everything is plea bargained or not prosecuted. Its a disgrace. One that the voters do not share. Now once again we have the Midyette case. We hold hope with our new govenor Bill Ritter that given opportunity to intervene in a positive way he shall appoint an office of special prosecutor thereby giving Mary Lacey her leave of this matter. Don't know why I felt the need to stick up for myself and explain who I am to you.....just felt it was important you didn't buy into the other forums despicable portrayal of my hat.

CK,re: Vermont,was that the man that was 'too short to go to prison' case?

I wouldn't convict the Ramseys based upon the evidence as we know it. I wouldn't convict ANYONE on the evidence as we know it! I have a hypothesis which I cannot post because the person involved has never been named as a suspect but I have been through every scenario in my head and very few theories fit IMO.

I don't think she was killed by a stranger because I don't think a stranger would have bothered to stage the crimescene to make it look like an attempted kidnapping - he would have been in and out IMO. I don't think anyone killed JonBenet to get at her father - I think that is one of the most ludicrous theories of all actually. I believe it takes a special kind of madness or evil to torture and kill a beautiful, defenceless child. There are many ways in which an enemy could have destroyed John Ramsey without harming an innocent child - and with much less risk too.

I believe this was a crime of passion and that her killer was driven by hatred and jealousy. I think that the killer didn't reoffend because he was probably traumatised by his own actions.

FWDI posters at Topix are trying to insinuate that there was something abnormal about Fleet White's behaviour on the morning of the murder and afterwards. They interpret his distress as guilt. I have to disagree. My husband and I have a wide circle of friends, but there is one couple that we are particularly close to. We met when they came to stay in our town and their children went to the same school as ours. Our children actually introduced us and begged for us to invite this couple to visit. That was 10+ years ago and we became close friends. They often come sailing with us and we take turns about for Sunday dinner at each others' houses.

The point I want to make is that we think of each others' children (now grown up) as thought they were our own adopted children. Our respective children would turn to the other couple instinctively if their own parents weren't around - and indeed this has happened on a number of occasions. If anything were to happen to our friends' children, I would be distraught because they are like family.

Jayelles said:
FWDI posters at Topix are trying to insinuate that there was something abnormal about Fleet White's behaviour on the morning of the murder and afterwards. They interpret his distress as guilt. I have to disagree. My husband and I have a wide circle of friends, but there is one couple that we are particularly close to. We met when they came to stay in our town and their children went to the same school as ours. Our children actually introduced us and begged for us to invite this couple to visit. That was 10+ years ago and we became close friends. They often come sailing with us and we take turns about for Sunday dinner at each others' houses.

The point I want to make is that we think of each others' children (now grown up) as thought they were our own adopted children. Our respective children would turn to the other couple instinctively if their own parents weren't around - and indeed this has happened on a number of occasions. If anything were to happen to our friends' children, I would be distraught because they are like family.
I agree.I thought his behavior sounded like sheer SHOCK.It was obvious he was totally taken by surprise when JB's body was found.
As far as Atlanta,we are supposed to beleive that his anger is inexplicable ..but no one gets angry without good reason.I can't imagine how I would react if I saw and realized the things he likely did,and with the parents behaving the way they did..over-anxious to go on TV,but not talking to or cooperating with LE.I think I'd flip.

JMO8778 said:
I had not heard anything about either one of these sub human beings height. In both cases the judge did not sentence them to time but rehabilitation courses. There was such an outcry the first judge ultimately gave the man like 9 months time. This second one. No time that I am aware of . Only intensive rehabilitative counseling. Lot of good that does the 4 year old he abused over 10 times....... Makes me physically ill. CK

JMO8778 said:
I agree.I thought his behavior sounded like sheer SHOCK.It was obvious he was totally taken by surprise when JB's body was found.
As far as Atlanta,we are supposed to beleive that his anger is inexplicable ..but no one gets angry without good reason.I can't imagine how I would react if I saw and realized the things he likely did,and with the parents behaving the way they did..over-anxious to go on TV,but not talking to or cooperating with LE.I think I'd flip.
I have no link but I have read that Fleet White was acting strangely before he left Denver for JB's funeral. So much so that Fernie would not let him on the corporate plane to fly to Atlanta and even after arriving in Atlanta John's brother wanted Fleet and Priscilla moved out of his house to a motel.

SO - IMO - Fleet started acting strangely before he found out John and Patsy were going on CNN.

snowqueen said:
I have no link but I have read that Fleet White was acting strangely before he left Denver for JB's funeral. So much so that Fernie would not let him on the corporate plane to fly to Atlanta and even after arriving in Atlanta John's brother wanted Fleet and Priscilla moved out of his house to a motel.

SO - IMO - Fleet started acting strangely before he found out John and Patsy were going on CNN.
This is all according to John Ramsey - many months after the murder when relationships with the Whites had completed broken down and quite frankly, we need to take it with a pinch of salt. There are two sides to every story and we've only heard John Ramsey's. He is NOT a reliable source. Take this for example:-

This is from John Ramsey's October 1998 deposition - John Ramsey took an OATH for this deposition:-

18 Q. Is it true that there was an altercation between

19 you and Mr. White in Atlanta around the time of the

20 memorial service?
21 MR. CRAVER: I don't understand the potential
22 relevance of that at all. At this stage, I have to judge
23 whether that's a question intended to embarrass or harass
24 him. Where are you going with this, Lee?
25 MR. HILL: I'm looking for sources. I'm looking
Page 49
1 for people who have an ax to grind with Mr. Ramsey.
2 MR. CRAVER: All right. I'll allow him to
3 answer the question.
4 A. There was no altercation.
5 Q. This is with all respect, sir, as I said to you
6 earlier. And I appreciate you hearing my clarification.
7 MR. CRAVER: Okay.
8 Q. We had been informed that there was some sort of
9 dispute or disagreement, that police were called. Is that
10 all hog-wash?
11 A. To my knowledge, yeah. I am not aware of any of
12 that.
Then in DOI - page 295, John is referring to the exact incident which Lee Hill asked him about in the deposition

"But the altercation didn't go away. Fleet's behavior seemed so unreasonable and out of place that it was frightening....."

There is another source which I have seen which confirms that the police were called to the altercation which John Ramsey denied happened - under oath - and then proceeded to write about in his book. I don't have time to look for that just now but I *think* it was a detective who confirmed it in another deposition or interview.

This isn't some trivial little incident that someone could understandably forget about - this was an event which John Ramsey described as "frightening" - the police were called out. Yet he denied it happened - under oath. If you read his deposition at acandyrose's, you will see that it was to be sealed. As far as John Ramsey was concerned, his testimony (i.e. liles) would never be made public.

This is precisely why I am leery of the man.

Nuisanceposter said:
I posted at Topix once to see if my hometown would be listed, and it wasn't - it said I was from a town several states away, and I have broadband.

Well, Ames, Freshwater said there would be some changes, but I have yet to see any. The CTV JBR board has some real issues with people who have trouble maintaining a polite and "professional" attitude...it's always been like that over there. That situation with someone copying your post from here to put up there just for mockery is not the first time I have seen people at CTV do so.

I did go back to courttv, only for a few seconds though....to check and see what, or IF any changes had been made, and I didn't see any either. I was informed though that it IS against the rules to copy and post other people's posts, without their permission. You CAN paraphrase, but then you risk someone taking you out of context.

Jayelles said:
I only really recognise some posters at CTV - like Rashamon who is a member here and LouiseDelmar who posts as Tipper everywhere else and who is or used to be a member here.

LouisaDelmar is the person that copied and PASTED my post from these boards, onto the courttv boards!

JMO8778 said:
I heard about that case....was that not the dumbest thing you have ever heard? To short to go to prison? That would be laughable, if it wasn't so sad. Didn't the judge in that case, resign because people were giving her a hard time?

Jayelles said:
<snipped
I don't think anyone killed JonBenet to get at her father - I think that is one of the most ludicrous theories of all actually. I believe it takes a special kind of madness or evil to torture and kill a beautiful, defenceless child. There are many ways in which an enemy could have destroyed John Ramsey without harming an innocent child - and with much less risk too.
<snipped>

I believe that this "intruder did it theory to get back at her father", is absurd...I agree with you. And we are supposed to believe that the "intruder" hated John so much that he killed his daughter, and brought in a magazine with him with faces of John's co-worker's X'd out, and a HEART drawn around John's picture (wow...he must have "really" hated him alot to have drawn a HEART around his picture!), and also the ransom note...there was not one single use of profanity....which, IMO...would be inconsistant with an intruder that HATED John, to the point that he killed his daughter. Those two reasons, alone...make me know that an intruder that hated John, did not kill his daughter.

snowqueen said:
I am sure, IMO...that it was only because he was traumatized by the whole thing. He was their friend.....wouldn't you be traumatized if you were over at a friends house, because their child had been "kidnapped", and then later her body was brought up from the basement? I sure would be!! I would have to seek therapy....no doubt about it. But, that wouldn't mean that I committed the crime.

I think FW started acting strangely on 12/26, when he watched JR find JonBenet's body and began to seriously question what exactly what happened to her and how involved her parents were, if at all.

I see nothing suspicious about this. As Priscilla said, "We fed her her last meal." They had just seen JB, very much alive, the evening before she was found dead. She'd been at their house, and she was their daughter's best friend. No doubt the Whites were traumatized, doubly so to have to question whether or not their good friends the Rs were involved in what happened to a defenseless child the same age as their own little girl.

I don't think anyone killed JonBenet to get back at JR. Anyone who studied the family prior to this crime would have been aware that JB was Patsy's favorite child, not JR's, and JR spent what little time he had for his family more often with Burke than with JonBenet.

Nuisanceposter said:
I think FW started acting strangely on 12/26, when he watched JR find JonBenet's body and began to seriously question what exactly what happened to her and how involved her parents were, if at all.
Yes,I think he saw or heard something not yet revealed to the public,and realized there was something going on regarding the R's involvment in her death.
I went beserk over a lawyer keeping part of the money *I was supposed to get when I refi'd my house ...so I can NOT imagine what the White's were feeling..it must have been a thousand times worse!!!!!

On that note,I can't help but think at least part of it had something to do with the tape that was supposedly on JB's mouth.I think it was said the tape wouldn't have stuck to her,and my guess is that's prob. why he went back downstairs to look at it.Even at that early stage,he knew that something wasn't quite right !!

I think Fleet White's behaviour was consistent witha nervous breakdown and/or post traumatic stress disorder.

JMO8778 said:
On that note,I can't help but think at least part of it had something to do with the tape that was supposedly on JB's mouth.I think it was said the tape wouldn't have stuck to her,and my guess is that's prob. why he went back downstairs to look at it.Even at that early stage,he knew that something wasn't quite right !!
Yes, I agree. I am sure that with all that he saw and/or heard.....and with his gut instinct....he knew that something wasn't right.

Jayelles said:
I think Fleet White's behaviour was consistent witha nervous breakdown and/or post traumatic stress disorder.
I feel really sorry for the man and his family!

Ames said:
I feel really sorry for the man and his family!
I do too.It really irked me when I read suspicions about them at other forums.I quit going to others partly b/c of that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back