NM NM - Patty Pritz, 14, & Mattie Restine, 13, Carlsbad, 11 Aug 1961 - #2

Still looking for these people "GLG" and someone who knew the person that owned the Arkie Service Station Owner or worker...they called him "Arkie"
1502 N. 8th St.
Carlsbad, NM 88220
Prop...James R. Roberts
Just wondering if this Roberts guys was the father of Linda Roberts that was one of Patty Sue Priz's friends?
Please if anyone knows these people ...please email me....

Does anyone out there have any recollection of some of these people and that gas station?
Maybe someone has a grandparent or perhaps works with the elderly, some may enjoy talking about "the old days", others may even be relieved to get something off their chest...

Does anyone out there have any recollection of some of these people and that gas station?
Maybe someone has a grandparent or perhaps works with the elderly, some may enjoy talking about "the old days", others may even be relieved to get something off their chest...

dotr I found GLG...thanks for trying to find her.
I haven't found out about the "Arkie" guy though. The owner of the service/store station. 1502 N. 8th St. Carlsbad,NM
Hopefully someone will know who this guy was. Thanks.

As the start of the school year approaches, I wonder if the former classmates of Mattie and Pattie, think back to that time when innocence was lost- with the loss- of the girls.
I bet many would like to know who the "Boogie-man really was/is all along.Hopefully someone will come forward with a tip or info. that will help everyone find a measure of closure and peace.

As the start of the school year approaches, I wonder if the former classmates of Mattie and Pattie, think back to that time when innocence was lost- with the loss- of the girls.
I bet many would like to know who the "Boogie-man really was/is all along.Hopefully someone will come forward with a tip or info. that will help everyone find a measure of closure and peace.
\

I have been in contact with several of Patty and Mattie's classmates over the years and I can say many of them are just like me...they want this case solved. And they have tried to help with getting much needed information regarding the individuals that were being looked at during the 2003-2004 investigation. But we all have been shut down in our efforts.
I'm looking forward to the KRQE CH. 13, TV Station, (Albuquerque,NM _
about Mattie and Patty's double homicide ....maybe the informtion that comes from that story will help bring this much needed case solved....or at least but the information out so people can see it and hopefully help solve the case.
Please if anyone has any information regarding Mattie and Patty's deaths...Please go to the Eddy County Sheriff's Dept or the Crimestoppers Organization ....with your help this case can be solved.

\

I have been in contact with several of Patty and Mattie's classmates over the years and I can say many of them are just like me...they want this case solved. And they have tried to help with getting much needed information regarding the individuals that were being looked at during the 2003-2004 investigation. But we all have been shut down in our efforts.
I'm looking forward to the KRQE CH. 13, TV Station, (Albuquerque,NM _
about Mattie and Patty's double homicide ....maybe the informtion that comes from that story will help bring this much needed case solved....or at least but the information out so people can see it and hopefully help solve the case.
Please if anyone has any information regarding Mattie and Patty's deaths...Please go to the Eddy County Sheriff's Dept or the Crimestoppers Organization ....with your help this case can be solved.

Mattie Catherine Restine age 13 and Patty Sue Pritz age 14...were murdered in Eddy County...some 12 miles northwest of Carlsbad, New Mexico, on August 11, 1961. On August 13, 1961, their bodies were found out by Rocky Arroyo by two rabbits hunters by the names Willie Dee. Blair and Willard Melton. They had been out rabbit hunting. They came up on one of the bodies and they went to a service station to call the police. They took those police back out to where they saw the one body and that was when they found the other body. Both girls had been shot one time in the head.
They found one tire track and one footprint. And that was all. According to the police reports I read. But during the 2003-2004 investigation several others came in to share the information they had...so they did have some new leads.
I would like to ask if anyone knows anything to please go in and visit with the Eddy County Sheriff's Investigators or the Carlsbad City Police. I'm sure they would be willing to take your informaiton down....and hopefully this informaiton will help solve this horrible murder case. Again thank you for all you help...our families truly appreciate all that you can do,.

Sunshine 1950, it would be so uplifting if someone out there has a tip or a recollection about your dear sister Mattie Restine and her friend Patty Pritz and the terrible events that resulted in their deaths on August 11 1961.
I am sure the girls' classmates have also been traumatized and saddened by this cruel and cowardly act - and to just learn the truth about the who, what and why of this crime - might go a long way in healing a 50 year old wound.

Bumping for Mattie Catherine Restine and Patty Sue Pritz....50 years since their murders took place in Eddy County, near Carlsbad, New Mexico.
Please keep this case going. I truly believe it can be solved. I appreciate all the prayers and support from the people who have worked on this case....here on Websleuths and other forums. Our families need your help in solving this case.

I just finished an interview with Larry Barker from KRQE Ch. 13, Albuquerque, NM
He said it would air sometime in November. This interview was a very emotional honor for me to talk about Mattie...which should help not only the family members of Mattie and Patty, but to let the people know that they haven't been forgotten. Thank You Larry Barker and also Mark...you two were very gracious during this interview.

Bumping for Mattie Catherine Restine and Patty Sue Pritz....50 years since their murders took place in Eddy County, near Carlsbad, New Mexico.
Please keep this case going. I truly believe it can be solved. I appreciate all the prayers and support from the people who have worked on this case....here on Websleuths and other forums. Our families need your help in solving this case.

I just finished an interview with Larry Barker from KRQE Ch. 13, Albuquerque, NM
He said it would air sometime in November. This interview was a very emotional honor for me to talk about Mattie...which should help not only the family members of Mattie and Patty, but to let the people know that they haven't been forgotten. Thank You Larry Barker and also Mark...you two were very gracious during this interview.

This is fantastic news!Kudos to Larry Barker from KRQE Ch. 13 for taking on this very worthy and deserving case! I hope that the show will somehow be available to be viewed everywhere, as I am sure many people- including some who may have info. may have moved from the area.
Sunshine 1950, you would make your big sister, Mom and Dad and brother proud. Actually, anyone who has have been kicked in the teeth and got back up over and over again, must of torn a page from your book.

This is fantastic news!Kudos to Larry Barker from KRQE Ch. 13 for taking on this very worthy and deserving case! I hope that the show will somehow be available to be viewed everywhere, as I am sure many people- including some who may have info. may have moved from the area.
Sunshine 1950, you would make your big sister, Mom and Dad and brother proud. Actually, anyone who has have been kicked in the teeth and got back up over and over again, must of torn a page from your book.

Thank You dotr...Yes, I'm excited they will be doing the show. I think it might help people learn about the case and maybe someday someone will come forward and tell the ECSO the truth about their murders. The show will air sometime in November. I will try and put it on here when I find out for sure. I've been working on the book again...so hopefully it will be out soon. I will never stop seeking JUSTICE for Mattie and Patty.

Think back , someone must have the right tip to bust open the case of Mattie Restine and Patty Pritz, murdered- August 11 1961, Carlsbad NM.Please help make this the year to help heal this 50 year wound.

Looking forward to that show and hoping lots of folks here at WS will watch it too!

Just wanted to repost this link because it shows a nice large photo of the sweet faces of Patty Pritz and Mattie Restine.....

http://www.maddieandpatty.com/
"WHY THIS DOUBLE MURDER NEEDS TO BE SOLVED

It involved the kidnapping, rape, and murder of two young teenage girls.
It has remained unresolved for over 48 years.
There is no shortage of suspects (at least five).
This case has gone cold twice.
All principal suspects continued to reside in Carlsbad or West Texas.
One of the Sheriff's Deputies involved in the case, D M, either committed suicide or was murdered in 1965.
Three of the main suspects had either been convicted of rape and child molestation or had been suspected of those crimes".

Well it is November and I am looking forward to hearing about the Mattie Restine and Patty Pritz story on Ch. 13, KRQE with Larry Barker!

Thanks Dotr...

Please remember that there will be a story about Mattie Restine and Patty Pritz in November with Larry Barker reporting on Ch. 13, KRQE....Albuquergue,NM.
I will try and post the date when I know for sure.

The report on Mattie and Patty's Unsolved Murder case will be on November 17th, Larry Barker will be reporting on this case ....Channel 13, KRQE TV, starting at 10 pm, Albuquerque, NM

Please watch this report...it is to help get information out to the public ...but it is also a Memorial for the girls as well.

Thank You. Larry Barker....I appreciate your help in getting this case solved. An for the gracious way you have chosen to report this case to the public.
For remembering Mattie and Patty...two beautiful little girls....Justice should be served. No matter how long it takes.

I am so excited to hear about the airing of the show about Mattie and Patty!
Kudos to Larry Barker for addressing this 50 year old crime, against two innocent girls and to you Sunshine1950, for being the kind of sister who would make a Mother,Father,Brother and especially, a Sister proud!

Thanks dotr...i did this to bring JUSTICE for Mattie and Patty. And for my parents. I just pray that information comes out after this report. I do thank Larry Barker for doing this report. I know he was so gracious while he was interviewing me and I could tell he really cared about Mattie and Patty's precious lives being remembered.
Also I would like to thank all of the individuals here on Websleuths and all over the USA that have tried to help get this case solved. If it weren't for people like you I wouldn't have made it these past 11 yrs. Again Thank You All.
Of course...I will never stop seeking JUSTICE for Mattie and Patty. So if anyone has any tips or information on this case ...please don't hesitate to contact me or the Eddy County Sheriff's Dept. in Carlsbad, NM.

I knew it, I just knew it when I saw the ad on KRQE of Larry Barker investigating a 50 yr old murder! I hooped and hollered and was hoping it was about this case. I have a sticky note on my TV to remind me (not that I'd forget) to watch it this Thursday night at 10:00, I can hardly wait, I'll be glued to the TV. Things are finally starting to look up Anne! I just have a feeling that the ECSO will be slamming doors in Larry's face but I really hope not. I'm praying, praying, praying!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back