17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is kind of a premature assessment, imo.

Hopefully you are correct. I really want to be wrong. In fact, what I want is for the police to stop screwing around put their evidence on the table and say "THIS is what we know, this is why we did what we did, HERE are the photo's of Mr Zimmerman's brutal injuries, here's the coroner's report, here's the video..." I want to see evidence so compelling that I change my mind.

In my opinion the police and prosecutors in this case are out of time. Their own actions and inaction have caused millions of very reasonable people -- including people like me who support LE and other LE agencies including the FBI -- to question their ethics and conduct. For this guy to act outraged at this point is the very definition of hypocrisy, it's as absurd as Jeff Dahmer complaining about the meals they serve in prison.

IN MY OPINION.

Interesting point made by Alan Dershowitz this evening on CNN. They should have done scrapings on the fingernails of Trayvon and of Zimmerman, as well as taken Zimmerman's clothes and shoes and tested for gun residue. It appears this was not done by Sanford PD>

There is so much more going on, IMO. Feds come into town and it's like shining a light on a group of cockroaches hiding behind a refrigerator. They're all running around like crazy. Hope they made sure to delete the video of the "crew" meeting at the SPD. There's always witnesses that may be tired of covering for the "boys."

So - honest question here. If the FBI doesn't find anything significant in building a case against GZ, will they be considered racists and part of the good old boy system?

IMO YES Also IMO GZ might get charged to end the madness of the mob mentality even if he acted within the law.

BBM~ If only GZ acted as he had done in the past and WAITED (as he was told to do and trained to do) this tragedy would not have happened! Following Trayvon was a fatal mistake!

As for the busted nose...has that been confirmed? Has there been any confirmation he had a gash on his head vs. a scratch or a smudge of dirt?

JMHO~

I really hope Trayvon busted his nose and got himself a few other good ones in while he was at it.

~jmo~

Alcoholism is considered an illness according to state and federal employment guidelines. An employee cannot be fired just for a DUI unless they are DRIVING for a living. And second chances are almost always given under most instances.

It's also a CHOICE whether to drink and drive. No prosecutor with a history of drunk driving should, ever EVER be involved in deciding cases of homicide - many, MANY of which are vehicular homicide. And that means they're incapable of performing their job. They need to find another line of work where they wouldn't be biased by their own experience. MO

IMO, the reason the FEDS were out there today was because they enhanced the call and heard what I heard. They have now confirmed that they are doing an investigation of their own. Sounds promising. I just have a feeling that there is a lot more to George Zimmerman than we know? I would love to see computer forensics on his online activity. What forums did he belong to?

8 more days until the Grand Jury meets? Will we get an indictment or will the FEDS swoop in before then?

MOO

could be the same for TM too....

So - honest question here. If the FBI doesn't find anything significant in building a case against GZ, will they be considered racists and part of the good old boy system?

Honest answer...

Some will believe so, yes. I suspect that right or wrong, many will assume that the delay damaged the Fed's ability to build a case, and that local obstruction and the old-boy network protected its own -- just as it did in the old days.

This is a bad situation.

IN MY OPINION of course.

interesting point made by alan dershowitz this evening on cnn. They should have done scrapings on the fingernails of trayvon and of zimmerman, as well as taken zimmerman's clothes and shoes and tested for gun residue. It appears this was not done by sanford pd>

just shocking...!

BBM~ If you listen to the 911 call you hear GZ say OK but you also hear him still in pursuit. To me GZ saying OK meant, "yea...whatever"...

He then says have LE call me for my location when they arrive and hangs up. Why not stay on the line with 911? Hmmm...
If he was was really waiting as he was told he would not have been behind the houses but NEAR or IN his truck by the club house. :waitasec:

JMHO~

He did stay on the line the entire time.

Here is the 911 call in full:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9A-gp8mrdw"]George Zimmerman 911 call about Trayvon Martin UnRedacted - YouTube[/ame]

If Wolfinger was in no way involved in the decision to not charge GZ, why did he feel the need to remove himself from the case because of a conflict of interest? Could it be because he knows GZ's dad?

I don't see where Wolfinger said he was "not involved" in the decision not to charge GZ. Reading the article, it appears he took umbrage to the allegations that he and the family met the night of the shooting - insinuating some sort of deal was made.

I'm not sure what difference it makes whether or not Wolfinger knows Zimmerman's dad? Does everyone that knows Wolfinger get a free pass for their family to go out and kill with abandon?

There's no denying cover-up happens, but GZ's dad has no authority over Wolfinger and he's not family, which, aside from BIG money and mafia, are the only instances in which I would entertain the idea that a DA would cover for something as serious as murder.

JMO

I really hope Trayvon busted his nose and got himself a few other good ones in while he was at it.

~jmo~

I agree with you. Because I feel that GZ totally instigated this and even if Trayvon ended up "attacking" him, in the eyes of the FLORIDA law, he had good reason to fight, he thought he was being followed and stalked and who knows what else.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1992-05-16/news/9205160688_1_messer-wolfinger-investigation

Letter To Governor: State Probe Is Whitewash
2 Seminole Sergeants Blast An Investigation Of Brutality Complaints Against County Drug Agents.
May 16, 1992|By Robert Perez Of The Sentinel Staff

These are two members of LE accusing Wolfinger of a whitewash.

The three-page letter, signed by Sgts. Mike Messer and Ron Gilbert, blasts Seminole-Brevard State Attorney Norm Wolfinger and Florida Department of Law Enforcement Investigator John Doughtie for having an ''indifferent and lackadaisical attitude'' about the investigation.

it seems to apply to ONE type of analysis:

These standards have been established for all practitioners of the aural/spectrographic method of voice identification

If you are going to use this as proof that the experts are wrong then you should ensure the standards you cite are applicable to the methods used by the two experts. Absent that link, it is meaningless.

I also don't understand why it is so important to ndiscredit the two experts who used different methods to come to the same conclusions, one by negating it could be GZ and one by asserting it was TM. I would hope we are looking for truth. I don't know enough about voice recognition to intelligently argue whether a particluar method or practitioner is valid or less credible etc. and I suspect most of us are in the same boat.

In the same vein, was Beth Karras discussisng a particular method used? If so, which one? Both? Was her criticism of the findings or was it about admissability? Those are different things. Lie detectors are useful in an investigation but may not be admitted in court. Is she saying the methods they used were not the type admissable but other methods are? I'm just curious as to what her specific point was.

There are already posts on this thread that explain what would be admissible in court. But here are the guidelines from American Board of Recorded Evidence.

One of the most important:the speech rate should be similar to that of recorded sample. Such as, the recorded sample is screaming, not normal speech. I presume they are comparing screams on 911 tape to normal speech by Zimmerman when he called 911.
http://expertpages.com/news/american_board_voice_comparison.htm

IMO YES Also IMO GZ might get charged to end the madness of the mob mentality even if he acted within the law.

That's what I'm afraid of. The momentum of the enraged masses may prove to be too much. People are demanding an arrest and unfortunately I think they may arrest GZ just to shut people up. Horrible, horrible precedent to set imo.

Interesting point made by Alan Dershowitz this evening on CNN. They should have done scrapings on the fingernails of Trayvon and of Zimmerman, as well as taken Zimmerman's clothes and shoes and tested for gun residue. It appears this was not done by Sanford PD>
More mistakes by the Sanford PD. I am so so shocked...NOT IMHO JMHO

Then came the second encounter, according to Tracy Martin’s recollection of the detective’s account. Trayvon Martin appeared from behind a building in Zimmerman’s gated community, approached him and demanded, “What’s your problem, homie?”

When Zimmerman replied that he didn’t have a problem, Martin said, “You do now.” The unarmed teenager hit Zimmerman, knocked him to the ground, pinned him down and told him to “shut the [expletive] up.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ayvons-death/2012/03/28/gIQA6MKhhS_story.html

I have a real problem with Tracy Martin telling people (media etc.) only about the first encounter but not the second one.

Ok, here we go again. This article CLEARLY represents that Tracy Martin did NOT believe the officers version of events. He is relaying what was told to him by the officers. He is NOT saying that he believes there were two encounters.

I'm very confused about why you keep posting this story as if it is the true version of events, that Tracy believed it and purporting that Tracy is with holding information or lying when that is clearly NOT the case.

An eye witness to the entire event would be helpful. Unfortunately, the only eye witness to the entire event that can tell his side of the story is GZ. Right now, all the so-called "evidence" against GZ isn't actually evidence. To the best of my knowledge, audio and/or video that has been "enhanced" by the media, the musings of "experts" who have been hired by the media, transcripts that have been "edited" by the media, and the opinions of family and/or friends who weren't actually present during the confrontation are not evidence. And that's pretty much all we've got at this point.

This case turns into more of a circus each day. And we don't need a circus. We need a serious investigation that is not tainted or influenced by the media hijinks swirling around it.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

Between Mob and the Media it has become a mess IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie