GUILTY OH - Johnny Clarke, 21, & Lisa Straub, 20, murdered, Springfield Twp, 31 Jan 2011

Tiffany is suss, I think she knows the killers

This kept me up last night also...

I think as information comes to light, this is the most likely situation. I'm not sure if she knew the killers but she certainly knows more than she is letting on to.

The street view photos show that there is no way someone from their car passing by could see into the house, let alone identify that the house has possibly been ransacked. Even if she did exit her vehicle and ring the doorbell, the family has stated that the blinds and curtains were closed.

The time that elapsed between the initial interrupted phone call and the call to the mother tells the tale.

To recap: (Please Correct me if I am wrong, I may be confused about if Tiff was the one that overheard John drop the phone or if there was another friend involved)

Sunday @ 11:00 pm - John and "Tiff" talk on the phone. Tiff states John plans on picking her up and is about to head out the door.

Shortly after the prior phone call -Tiff calls John back to tell him she is going to the store so he should wait a minute and overhears the phone dropping and along with the comment "Bro what are you doing"

During this time - Tiff attempts to reach both John and Lisa by phoning them and texting them. Tiff says she drives by the house and the lights are on. One statement places Tiff at the front door to ring the doorbell but there is no answer.

Monday @ 1:03 am - Tiff calls John's mother and explains what happened.

1:21 am - John's mother calls 911 to report what happened. She also states that Tiff has picked up John's father and they are driving to the house.

1:28 am - Sheriff deputies arrive at the house and find no probable cause to enter. The exterior doors are locked and the the windows are undamaged. They cannot see into the house. They stay on sight for 11 minutes.

2:06 am - Sheriff deputies arrive for a second time because John's mother calls 911 again. The second call comes from outside the Longacre Lane house where the mother, father, cousin, and Tiff (possibly along with friends of Tiff) are looking over the house. While on the phone with the 911 operator, the mother hands the phone to Tiffany and she states what she heard when she was on the phone with John. Two cars respond and check over the house and find nothing out of the ordinary. They refuse to kick in the door but remain on scene for 36 minutes.

3:50 am - The cousin is lifted up by the father at a window. The cousin is able to see part of a person. The father breaks in the door and discovers the scene. The mother places the third phone call. It is safe to assume that all people present on scene enter the house and attempt to administer first aid / or help.

The cell phone call log should identify what was going on prior to 11:00 and also verify Tiff's story. Here are several questions that might help understand the situation in greater detail:

Why did John drop the phone without anyone commanding him to do so? Clearly the perpetrator(s) saw that he was on the phone.

Why did Tiff go and investigate a possible home invasion?

Why did she wait so long to get a hold of John's mother?

Why not call 911 directly?

It seems more likely that the phone call in question never took place, at least not like she stated. As pointed out earlier, John was shirtless and probably was not planing on leaving.

It seems more likely that she knew of something happening, and probably didn't know what it was but became scared after there was no response for so long.

The case is beginning to grow cold without any type of lead. I pray that the perpetrator(s) will be brought to justice, these were very tragic murders.

One thing from the 3+ minute video with the Mom on the news I gathered was the bags were placed on the head and then taped all around the outside of the bags. So I suppose you could do that and walk away if you were the killer and be sure one wouldn't survive that.

Still though, you'd think the killer(s) noticed Johnny on the phone. Maybe not though. Maybe Johnny saw the person(s) and nonchalantly dropped/tossed the phone on the floor or couch and then confronted the killer(s).

Also, Tiffany says she went by the house and the lights were on and it looked ransacked. That was before the cops went by right?? The cops wouldn't enter a house that looked ransacked with all the lights on, a car in the driveway after these calls from the mother? Seems like Tiffany went by when the killer(s) were still inside!

bbm

How would she know if it looked ransacked if she didn't go to the door or look inside? Did she say that or that she just drove by?

bbm

Stolly, nice summary/timeline. What about the part where Tiffany says the house is 'ransacked'? I think that was a slip - I think she knew it was ransacked because either she saw it or she had been told. But she didn't see it from driving by the house, IMHO.

Stolly it is keeping me up at night too... your summary is accurate as far as I can tell. Another important thing to think about... You've confronted someone.. you're about to rob and or murder them, you see they were on the phone and the other person on the phone had to have heard the initial commotion. Wouldn't that tell you that you better hurry up because that person on the other end is surely going to be calling the police. You wouldn't strangle and asphyziate your victim, way too time consuming. You wouldn't take the time to pose their phones by their bodies, ransac the house etc. The story has to be completely bogus.

It sounds like Tiffany had to call the police, as her number would be shown as the person he was talking to last...

Reporting this case on NG - Jean C. reviewing 911 calls. Incredibly sad to hear mother crying. Police were out to the home 2 times. When "friend" called the mother about the LS and JC not answering the door, "friend" was not at the home when LE went there. Why report a possible crime but not be present? There was a pool party prior to this crime.
<snipped from Stolly's post>
Shortly after the prior phone call -
Tiff calls John back to tell him she is going to the store so he should wait a minute and overhears the phone dropping and along with the comment "Bro what are you doing"
Shortly after the prior phone call -Tiff calls John back to tell him she is going to the store so he should wait a minute and overhears the phone dropping and along with the comment "Bro what are you doing"

During this time - Tiff attempts to reach both John and Lisa by phoning them and texting them. Tiff says she drives by the house and the lights are on. One statement places Tiff at the front door to ring the doorbell but there is no answer.

Monday @ 1:03 am - Tiff calls John's mother and explains what happened.

1:21 am - John's mother calls 911 to report what happened. She also states that Tiff has picked up John's father and they are driving to the house.

1:28 am - Sheriff deputies arrive at the house and find no probable cause to enter. The exterior doors are locked and the the windows are undamaged. They cannot see into the house. They stay on sight for 11 minutes.

All valid, but feel this is not a stranger home invasion. But planned and deliberate to appear like a robbery.

I'm only seeing this case now because I'm watching NG. I am trying to get caught up on this thread and I just listened to the 911 calls. The last one is sickening. I literally feel sick to my stomach. God, please, find the people who did this and God bless the family. :(

NG: Jean C - $40.00 missing only from home. Motive was planned and deliberate, not a coincidence the parents were gone. Suspects knew the homeowners would be gone. Would be very surprised if LS and JC didn't know the perps. LS was injured prior to the murder. LS was very cold to the touch. Possible COD 1 to 2 hours.

NG: Search warrant to the home of the murders-
Found key under the Body of LS with the number #544. DVD's, card board boxes, IRAQ currency as well as other countries. Wrists were taped together for LS and JC knees were taped together.

Why did it take 2 hours for the friend to call the night of the murder? Uncle of LS said they have not been notified as of now. Checking pings on cell of friend. Checking the cell phone records and what a normal person would do would wait for the police and that person would articulate why the home looks ransacked. Seems like a very personal crime, from caller. Was there someone who was scorned and had a romantic interest in either one of these 2?

On NG they were saying a "scale" was found on the kitchen counter. That makes me think drugs immediately. Anyone else? Still trying to catch up on this thread, dealing with a sick child tonight. :(

what is NG and where do I find that information...I don't know why greivingfriends's first post was removed...maybe he did it himself for his own safety I hope.

what is NG and where do I find that information...I don't know why greivingfriends's first post was removed...maybe he did it himself for his own safety I hope.

Sorry I was relaying Nancy Grace's show tonight regarding the murders of LS and JC. I hope this helps!

I didn't know that a show like that even existed what all was revealed on the show now?

KR2tonenow Great Info -

I also just caught the TV program from Nancy Grace about the murders. They stated that another person called Tiffany, and Tiffany took it on herself to investigate. I have heard this and that Tiffany was the one on the phone with John so I am not sure which version is correct.

When they ran the 911 tape, they subtitled a part on the last 911 tape differently than I heard it. I thought the mother said "He has no shirt on." In the program I believe they identified it as "She has no shirt on." That could be significant.

More importantly they discussed items they have retrieved from the house all of the things you stated plus "Central Security" documents. Clearly somebody wanted information about the security system and the instructional booklet was pulled out. This meant they spent time in the house. That goes back to the phone call, why would the perpetrators spend time in the house if they knew their presence was known.

The scale in the kitchen is telling. I don't think anyone was weighing out their portion of pasta late Sunday night. They also removed white baggy pieces from the kitchen. That seems odd unless you link it with the scale. It is reported that John spent time in jail. I have heard a duration and a reason but I have not been able to verify it. The reason was not drug related.

My first thought with the key was a safety deposit box. Hotels rarely use numbered metal keys anymore. It could have been given to the killers with the promise there was money in the box but it was no use to the perpetrators. Her legs would be unrestrained so she could retrieve it, or at least that is why I hope they are unrestrained.

I'll need help on this one, they found Pink and Black Interband Pants on her body. I don't know what those are.

More information is available here: Search Uncovers Evidence

KR2tonenow Great Info -

I also just caught the TV program from Nancy Grace about the murders. They stated that another person called Tiffany, and Tiffany took it on herself to investigate. I have heard this and that Tiffany was the one on the phone with John so I am not sure which version is correct.

When they ran the 911 tape, they subtitled a part on the last 911 tape differently than I heard it. I thought the mother said "He has no shirt on." In the program I believe they identified it as "She has no shirt on." That could be significant.

More importantly they discussed items they have retrieved from the house all of the things you stated plus "Central Security" documents. Clearly somebody wanted information about the security system and the instructional booklet was pulled out. This meant they spent time in the house. That goes back to the phone call, why would the perpetrators spend time in the house if they knew their presence was known.

The scale in the kitchen is telling. I don't think anyone was weighing out their portion of pasta late Sunday night. They also removed white baggy pieces from the kitchen. That seems odd unless you link it with the scale. It is reported that John spent time in jail. I have heard a duration and a reason but I have not been able to verify it. The reason was not drug related.

My first thought with the key was a safety deposit box. Hotels rarely use numbered metal keys anymore. It could have been given to the killers with the promise there was money in the box but it was no use to the perpetrators. Her legs would be unrestrained so she could retrieve it, or at least that is why I hope they are unrestrained.

I'll need help on this one, they found Pink and Black Interband Pants on her body. I don't know what those are.

More information is available here: Search Uncovers Evidence

Stolly, there is a link upthread to an MSM site that states JC was in prison for robbery. I too noticed the white baggies and linked that to the scale. IMO and all that jazz.

Story: Murder victim's mother speaks

Video: 9-1-1 tapes released in Springfield murder case
Monday morning, inside the house on the 2100 block of Longacre Lane, investigators found the bodies of Johnny Clarke, 21, and Lisa Straub, 20. They were tied up with bags over their heads.
The gruesome discovery launched a major investigation into who killed the young couple and why. Today, investigators also discovered on the kitchen floor white baggie pieces, a light blue lighter and a Ziploc bag. On various kitchen countertops, there were a digital scale, two knives and central security documents. {mod snip}

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7940106

this is what i heard on nancy grace (this was also on the local news tonight). his ankles were taped hers were not. they found a key with 3 numbers on it under her body along with a pair of black pants. the police and FBI walked LS parents through the house to see if anything missing and all they came up with was two 20 dollar bills from a change jar!!!!! the police took several items from the house particularly the kitchen (ziplock bags, digital scales, knives, etc) that is all i can remember.

listening to NG at the moment. One man on the show (unidentified) said when police first arrived they looked for fresh prints in the snow and none were found. This led police to determine whoever came to the house entered through the garage.

Thinking here because I'm wondering if the driveway and walks were cleared. Just thought I'd bring this up. Second point being that it's believed more than one person was in on this crime.

Currently no suspect or person/s of interest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back