GUILTY MI - Katherine 'Kate' Phillips, 4 mos, Ludington, 29 June 2011 (Deceased/Not Found)

http://www.upnorthlive.com/news/story.aspx?id=746816

7&4 News sat down with local psychic medium Tammy Schuster, who has been in court since day one, to get her perspective on the case.

Schuster says she's been spending her time in the courtroom, feeding off the energy she feels. "Basically what I try to do is watch Sean, watch his family, try to pick up energy off of them, get any information that I can off of them; not what they're saying but what's in their mind and I'll write things down that come to them."

From link^^

Police say the investigation is "officially transitioning to a Homocide investigation" and that they "remain focused and intent on providing justice for 'Baby Kate'." They believe that through the evidence from this trial, as well as new evidence and information being developed, there will be additional charges in this case.

Interesting, how often we hear "double jeopardy" and "can't be tried twice", here they just got their conviction and yet they are already talking about additional charges.

He can't be tried again for this crime but he can be tried for murder if they find enough evidence.

He could have ended up with as little as 12 months, i'm so glad the judge threw the book at him. 15 years is the maximum by law.

He still claims that the last time he saw Kate she was with Ariel. Uh Uh and i guess a fairy planted her whole outfit in your pocket :waitasec:

There is a lot more to this for sure. But unless some new evidence miraculously appears or her body is found, we will never know what happened and he will just do his time and leave with a smirk thinking he outsmarted everyone. He/they just got lucky imo.

He can't be tried again for this crime but he can be tried for murder if they find enough evidence.

He could have ended up with as little as 12 months, i'm so glad the judge threw the book at him. 15 years is the maximum by law.

He still claims that the last time he saw Kate she was with Ariel. Uh Uh and i guess a fairy planted her whole outfit in your pocket :waitasec:

There is a lot more to this for sure. But unless some new evidence miraculously appears or her body is found, we will never know what happened and he will just do his time and leave with a smirk thinking he outsmarted everyone. He/they just got lucky imo.

Thank you for the explanation and I agree the judged rocked the sentence!

I was speaking sort of in general, we have all these missing babies right now - Sky, Allaya, Kate, Lisa, Jhessye, I'm drawing a blank on the rest, whose custodial parents are refusing to cooperate with LE and they are just going about their days like nothing is wrong. I would like to see them placed in custody and charged with whatever works to stop them from living their lives as if they have done nothing wrong! This case just proved it can work! Let's let it! Let's get these baby killers off the streets and behind bars where they belong.

10 to 15 is not enough, but when there's a dead baby involved nothing short of life w/o parole or DP fits the crime and 10 to 15 is often more than we get with convicted baby killers who usually get a plea bargain and walk out in under 10 years.

I'm tired of it. Let's start using the system against these murderers. Let's start making examples of them! OK sorry for the rant, I'll step down now...

This is OT for this thread, but this sad story happened in another west Michigan community south of Ludington. The little boy's family needs our prayers to help them through this tragedy.

June 6, 2012 at 6:42 am

Funeral set for West Michigan child, 6, who died after collapse
By Associated Press

Norton Shores— Funeral arrangements are set for a kindergartner who collapsed on a playground during a West Michigan elementary school's field day and died.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120606/METRO/206060370#ixzz1x2vzjZ64

Funeral set for child, 6, who died after collapse

Funeral set for kindergartner, 6, who died after collapsing during West Michigan school event

Author:

Published On: Jun 06 2012 07:28:31 AM EDT

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...pse/-/4714498/14660006/-/wxsw3dz/-/index.html

Baby Kate still missing, still missed

Baby Katherine “Kate” Phillips disappeared a year ago Friday.

She’s still missing today.

Her father, Sean Phillips — who reportedly claimed he wasn’t — is now preparing to spend at least 10 years in prison for her disappearance in a case that is still being investigated, now as a murder.

Kate’s mother, Ariel Courtland, is hoping people will leave her and her other daughter alone on the anniversary of the day her baby daughter vanished.

[snip]

It’s been a year since Baby Katherine “Kate” Phillips disappeared and police are still investigating her whereabouts and not discussing the details of the case.

“I’m still very optimistic that ultimately this case is going to be solved,” Ludington Police Chief Mark Barnett said. “I’m convinced that someone knows what happened to Baby Kate — it’s not a matter of no one knowing what happened. Someone knows what happened.

“I’m just convinced we’ll find the body of Baby Kate and provide closure to the mother and other family members,” Barnett said.

MUCH More: http://www.ludingtondailynews.com/news.php?story_id=66142

Local news is teasing a letter supposedly written by Sean in jail detailing what happened to Kate tonight at 11 on woodtv

UGHHH i couldn't make it past page 2 of the letter, it was giving me a headache trying to decipher :(

I don't believe him for one second. There is no way that a baby is going to just come sliding out of a carseat. Also, why did he have her clothes in his pocket when they found him? Where is this "peaceful place" that he left the baby in? I sure hope the cops drag him out to the woods to get her so that her family can give her a proper burial.

I'm so sad to hear this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back