Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is SO horrible. I hope they find the creep(s) that did this.

I'm just wondering if it was nothing more than a drive-by shooting by a carload of teens who have no respect for life? The girls are young, but I had friends smoking pot at 13. Maybe they were buying a bag and they handed over their money and were shot. There's so many scenarios to be played here.

One of the locals on the comments section mentioned the rumor is that the girls were meeting a couple of boys on ATVs. It is only chatter, but we know how word does get out at times from the local grapevine. The girls also attend a school at Graham according to those posters, too. (must be a tiny community as I have never heard of it)

Was that rumor confirmed at all? I wonder if there was some local boys who decided it "fun" to shoot them. We here about kids doing sick things these days; killing their families and everything else..

I know kids here that age are capable of horrible things. I'm sure it's the same there. Reading about her grandfather's reaction as he came up on the scene is so sad. :( :( It makes me sick that someone could do something like this and just walk away. :mad:

IMO, it sounds like LE has their person, they are just trying to find links and motive.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,365081,00.html

(snips)
There's obviously an issue here where the shooter wanted these girls dead and certainly carried that to its fullest extent," Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation Inspector Stan Florence told FOX News.

We have "someone who we're interested in at this point," he said. "But we do have other leads, as well, that may lead us to other suspects."
Florence said they were acting on tips to identify the person's relationship with the grade-schoolers.
"We believe this person may have known these two girls," Florence said. "We're trying to establish the type of relationship, if there was one, where we can determine exactly what connection there was between them."

Investigators planned to hold a news conference at 3 p.m. ET to discuss the case

This is so sad. I think what is most disturbing is that they were shot multiple times. WHY?????

IMO, it sounds like LE has their person, they are just trying to find links and motive.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,365081,00.html

(snips)
There's obviously an issue here where the shooter wanted these girls dead and certainly carried that to its fullest extent," Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation Inspector Stan Florence told FOX News.

We have "someone who we're interested in at this point," he said. "But we do have other leads, as well, that may lead us to other suspects."
Florence said they were acting on tips to identify the person's relationship with the grade-schoolers.
"We believe this person may have known these two girls," Florence said. "We're trying to establish the type of relationship, if there was one, where we can determine exactly what connection there was between them."

Investigators planned to hold a news conference at 3 p.m. ET to discuss the case

Thank you for posting this. I've been looking for updates all morning. This is truly heartbreaking. I can't even BELIEVE that it was possibly someone they knew who wanted them dead. What could two little girls possibly have done to make someone want to kill them?? There is no reason for such a senseless killing. This whole thing really saddens my heart.

Hopefully we will know a lot more from this press conference.

jmo

Sad. I wonder if it were a drug deal or if someone was growing pot in that desolate area. The reason that I thought of marijuana is that I'd always heard not to wander off hiking trails in Hawaii or you could end up dead. There were apparently some major pot growers on the various islands who would shoot to kill if you wandered into an area where they were growing their plants. :(

Nan,
I think this a very good possibility! Unfortunate and sad, that children cannot walk anywhere anymore, even in remote areas!

It is so hard to wait. I am afraid I am not very patient today. It sounds like they are only going to announce the reward being offered and partial autopsy results, but I hope I am wrong.

Investigators say they have a person of interest, but so far no arrests have been made in connection with the slayings. The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation this morning announced a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for the shootings.

Investigators have scheduled a 2 p.m. news conference today at the Okfuskee County Courthouse in Okemah.

Autopsies performed Monday on the girls show that they had been shot in the head and chest, said Kevin Rowland, chief medical examiner. Rowland did not release any other details. The girls were found wearing T-shirts and shorts.

http://www.newsok.com/article/3255420/ (Bolded by me)

I am trying to track down a live feed for the presser, but haven't found any yet. I will try to be here to give you reports tho.

Thanks, SQ, for this information. I hope they'll broadcast this on one of the cable news shows. Does anyone know if they will?

I don't believe this! I called our main local tv stations and none are going to carry the presser live! WTH?!?! I let them know what I thought about that, too! They don't have live feeds either. They said they would have coverage on their evening news. GRRRRRR~

I guess we will have to wait then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member