Observations from attending Sunday, 11/30/08 Vigil

I'm actually surprised 40 people showed up. I would've thought it would be far less. ?
Hi Meagain,

I would have expected more people because there are multiple reasons why someone might attend such as: national exposure of the time and place of this vigil, pure curiosity, attending to just pray and be there to support Caylee, or attending to just support Cindy and Anthony. Regardless of them being in denial think of all the coworkers they have and other people that might now them. You would think these people would go just so they could collectively say a prayer for them and Caylee on a Sunday evening.

Now, with that said I wouldn't be surprised if people just got turned around heading to this church. The church was almost in a neighborhood down a road not well lite. It was not inviting at all to go to this church.

Just my personal thoughts!
Sincerely,
EV1214

Elizabeth,
Thanks for the insight and especially for portraying the Anthonys as the grieving grandparents that they are. I find it very refreshing indeed. My heart goes out to them and I would have gone to support them if I lived in the area. They need all the love and acceptance they can get right now. My heart breaks for their loss. I have never in my life seen victims so beaten up as these people have been. People have been incredibly cruel.
Again, thanks for the insight.
Sandy

You said the spokesperson spoke, what did she say? Was this a religious event with a sermon, what goes on at a vigil. I'm sorry to be asking these stupid questions, but I've never been to one.
I can't believe they would have a spokesperson speak at a vigil. How impersonal and contrived. Isn't this the fool who had the brilliant idea for a meet and greet?

8. Lastly, it felt very "raw" to be so close to the Anthony's. You can see that the suffering and reality of this all is starting to set in. You can see them breaking down. It was very painful to see.

Grieving is a multi-step process, and the first step is denial. This is often the ugliest step. We have seen that with the Anthony's. Regardless of what they have done or have been perceived to have done, my heart still goes out to them.

As angry as I get at the Grandparents, I can't help but be heartbroken for them. I worry about Cindy, she looks awful. People should go to the vigil, no matter what they believe, just to pray for Caylee and maybe the family. Prayer helps.

This isn't really a question but I find it very strange that in the "dramatic get away after the indictment" Cindy ranting to never give Holly or myfox an exclusive. Seems she changed her mind. I wonder why?

Thanks ev1214 for going and sharing your experience.

You said the spokesperson spoke, what did she say? Was this a religious event with a sermon, what goes on at a vigil. I'm sorry to be asking these stupid questions, but I've never been to one.
I can't believe they would have a spokesperson speak at a vigil. How impersonal and contrived. Isn't this the fool who had the brilliant idea for a meet and greet?
Hi Fay,
Bottom line this so called professional "spokesperson" is a L-I-A-B-I-L-T-Y for the Anthony's.
What did she say...a bunch of stuff that made no sense all mushed togethor. Points she said are as follows...(sorry for the list, but it helps me organize my thoughts)!
- Something along the lines of being a professional public speaker and that she even got chocked up last week about something.

- Apparently what she got upset about last week "pissed her off". Yes, she said "pissed off" twice during the "speech."

- Something along the lines of if you see a little girl holding a fork in one hand and a spoon in another hand eating and it looks like Caylee it may just be her.

- Something about Caylee eating corn and making a mess and how she would welcome the mess. I did like this comment she said...

- Something about how she is sorry that the video is giong to be shown again at the end. She said this towards Cindy.

- Also, this isn't what she said but how she appeared...which in itself speaks volumes.
She was wearing a black zip up sweatshirt. She had poor body language. She was somewhat on the defensive and utilizing the vigil as a platform to take shots at people who are not listening to the Anthony's "evidence".

There really wasen't too much of a religious tone to the vigil. There was I think one maybe two passages read.

I do not know much about vigils, but as a human being I know what I would want if someone close to me was missing and potentially dead.

A person speaking that is the flesh and blood of the child.

ZERO spoken about having to do with political details such as the cops not doing there job, the FBI not doing there job etc. It woul be entirely about the child. Perhaps a song or two sung. The child's favorite color being shown. Anything to bring out emotion so that the room is connected as one.

Essentially this spokesperson conducting this vigil if in fact she was in charge of it along with her represeting the Anthony's is the equivalent to a blind person leading another blind person on a tight rope. A complete disaster.

I don't know if this woman is the one that thought of the Meet and Greet, but if it is it wouldn't shock me. Last time I checked a Meet and Greet was when you go meet an elementary school teacher not to meet and greet a grieving family. Next thing you know this lady would have had fruit punch and girl scout cookies at the meet and greet.

Sincerely,
EV1214

Grieving is a multi-step process, and the first step is denial. This is often the ugliest step. We have seen that with the Anthony's. Regardless of what they have done or have been perceived to have done, my heart still goes out to them.
JWG:
I completely agree with you. I have a tremendous amount of compassion. Even though the Anthony's have not handled this in an ideal way they are doing what they think is best.

Once the trial goes through and the outcome is determined and it is no longer in the spotlight they will still be living this every single day for the rest of their lives.

Sincerely,
EV1214

I do have a question. :)
Were KFN representatives there, other than MB?
Hi EmMomma:
I do not know if KFN people were there or not. I can tell you that I did observe a vigil at their driveway right after Caylee was arrested at her home. The majority of the people sitting close by the Anthony's seem like the same people that were probably at their driveway.

Not sure though.

Sincerely,
EV1214

This isn't really a question but I find it very strange that in the "dramatic get away after the indictment" Cindy ranting to never give Holly or myfox an exclusive. Seems she changed her mind. I wonder why?

Thanks ev1214 for going and sharing your experience.

Ratings? :mad:

How awesome you are to think of us here at WS. A big Thank You and welcome to WS!

Was anything said about the public's perception of this case?

Just wondering if anyone other than the spokeswoman spoke?

Also, you didn't by any chance see who was sitting next to the guy with the ball cap did you? Any brown-haired female who looked pregnant?

Bumping, just in case you missed it. thx

No problem! I have actually been a little intimidated to post on this site because I thought I would do something wrong. I probably spend about 1 to 2 hours a day on this site...at least!

Lastly, I would really have no problem attending any local events to share my opinions with WebSleuths.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth

Thank you very much for your insight, Elizabeth. I am a relative newbie myself. Welcome!:blowkiss:

Hi Fay,
Bottom line this so called professional "spokesperson" is a L-I-A-B-I-L-T-Y for the Anthony's.
What did she say...a bunch of stuff that made no sense all mushed togethor. Points she said are as follows...(sorry for the list, but it helps me organize my thoughts)!
- Something along the lines of being a professional public speaker and that she even got chocked up last week about something.

- Apparently what she got upset about last week "pissed her off". Yes, she said "pissed off" twice during the "speech."

- Something along the lines of if you see a little girl holding a fork in one hand and a spoon in another hand eating and it looks like Caylee it may just be her.

- Something about Caylee eating corn and making a mess and how she would welcome the mess. I did like this comment she said...

- Something about how she is sorry that the video is giong to be shown again at the end. She said this towards Cindy.

- Also, this isn't what she said but how she appeared...which in itself speaks volumes.
She was wearing a black zip up sweatshirt. She had poor body language. She was somewhat on the defensive and utilizing the vigil as a platform to take shots at people who are not listening to the Anthony's "evidence".

There really wasen't too much of a religious tone to the vigil. There was I think one maybe two passages read.

I do not know much about vigils, but as a human being I know what I would want if someone close to me was missing and potentially dead.

ZERO spoken about having to do with political details such as the cops not doing there job, the FBI not doing there job etc. It woul be entirely about the child. Perhaps a song or two sung. The child's favorite color being shown. Anything to bring out emotion so that the room is connected as one.

Essentially this spokesperson conducting this vigil if in fact she was in charge of it along with her represeting the Anthony's is the equivalent to a blind person leading another blind person on a tight rope. A complete disaster.

I don't know if this woman is the one that thought of the Meet and Greet, but if it is it wouldn't shock me. Last time I checked a Meet and Greet was when you go meet an elementary school teacher not to meet and greet a grieving family. Next thing you know this lady would have had fruit punch and girl scout cookies at the meet and greet.

Sincerely,
EV1214

Thank you so much for your answering the questions EV1214.

I think this is so sad. I feel sorry for all involved, GA, CA, and even KC sometimes. I keep hoping that they will confess to their involvement and are asking God for forgiveness. If they are not asking for forgiveness, it is even sadder that they are having these vigils in a church. When it came out that after an interview with GA that he was throwing up, it seems that sometimes they are upset and truly have guilt/feelings about Caylee. I hope that they are getting counseling from a pastor, or whoever is the head of this church and truly in their heart will turn around and do the right thing for Caylee's memory.

How awesome you are to think of us here at WS. A big Thank You and welcome to WS!
I really like the quality control of this forum. Additionally, I do believe in the law of large numbers. It is impressive how people will focus on one aspect of evidence and review it with extreme detail whether it is the cell phone pings or the epass documents of George.

Sincerely,
EV1214

Hi Fay,

Sincerely,
EV1214

Interesting that RG and LP had a much more respectful vigil than her own *flesh and blood*. Thanks for being our eyes and ears on the scene. Ever thought of going into news resporting? :)

Hi Fay,

Sincerely,
EV1214

She should be on TV and not conducting vigils:mad: ,I personally find it very disrespectful.

Someone had a cap on inside the church?

Did anyone else speak besides the spokesperson?

Did anyone pray for Caylees return, or for KC?

Did people seem to be there for curiosity, or were they praying for Caylee?

Thanks for answering our question.

That bothers me too Jandkmom! A ball cap in church? I must be old....

I went to a funeral for a dear friend many years ago and was aghast at the clothing people wore...it looked like they were going to the beach...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back