"G (Guilty)" vs "NG (Not Guilty)" Where do you stand? #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well so far as I can tell, they are sticking with the Nanny story. So get ready for trial. The jury will have to hear the SA prove that these were all lies. They will also have to prove that Caylee was in those woods the whole time. Good luck with that.

Don't be surprised if DC flips and gets immunity for his testimony to the SA. Why do you think there his deposition has been postponed-working out a deal ....perhaps.

Well so far as I can tell, they are sticking with the Nanny story. So get ready for trial. The jury will have to hear the SA prove that these were all lies. They will also have to prove that Caylee was in those woods the whole time. Good luck with that.
I would personally love to be in the courtroom when the day comes that verdict is read...and justice for Caylee is finally here.

Casey brought LE to Universal, her purported place of employment, and authorized them to enter her "office." LE has a right to question why her office is nonexistent. When suspect consents to a search and questions in connection with that search, LE does not have to inform the suspect of her right to refuse the search- and the state does not have to show that the suspect even KNEW of her RIGHT to refuse. Schneckloth v. Bustamonte, 412 U.S. 218.

Thank you so much. Wow the state offering a plea aggrement in March of 09 after all the reports were in. That is huge. That means they have nothing.

My post on page 1 of this thread................

In the very beginning of this case, the state offered Casey a plea bargain that had a deadline. If memory serves me correctly, the date of that deadline was around the second week of August 2008. Baez dismissed the offer of a plea bargain outright without any further consideration and let the deadline date pass.

What do you feel specifically points to someone else being involved? Would you agree that the list of individuals that could be involved would be rather small? As in someone that was very close to Caylee. I'm not sure how anyone not close to Caylee would be able to gain possession of the child.

Thank you for answering my original question also, I do appreaciate it.

Well in this case in particular, a lot of witnesses change their story in the second interview. The police can't find a body that is an obvious place. There are a lot of things in this case that just don't make sense.

When things don't make a whole lot of sense, there is someone else involved. Have seen it all my life.

First I would not rule out a predator. There was one caught within 4 miles of the Anthony's home early this year.. Yes it is possible that a predator took Caylee from the nanny and the nanny high tailed it out of there.

Other than a predator, I would agree the list would be small.

notthatsmart, where is your evidence of "mean" interrogation tactics of LE? The defense has the burden of proving any violation of a constitutional protection. I guess I missed the evidence where Casey was waterboarded, since you compared LE's "mean" tactics here to the problems in military interrogations.

Please provide me with the link for that? Or any caselaw to support your contentions at all...?

I think the evidence does not prove guilty. I think it is obvious that someone else was involved. I don't know who that is. It is not the defenses job to find the perp or perps. I have some theories but truthfully I don't know what happened here. I believe LE is suffering the same dilema. After all the reports, they don't really know what happened either.

I think the evidence points to a crime happening. I do not know who that indivdual or indivuals are.

My explanation is simple. After all their efforts, there is still no proof that she did it. NG

I think you mean.. In your opinion!

It is my opinion that this all went wrong from the beginning. I believe Casey led LE out to universal to look at tapes to see if Caylee or the Zanny had been out there. She was just trying to help. At that point LE decided to interrogate her with 3 big mean guys against one young woman. At that point, they should have read her the Miranda rights. I do believe they were trying to trick a confession out of her. It didn't work and in the end they started asking questions again. Just the fact that they started asking questions again, showed me that they had no idea of what happened. When LE acts like this in a very unprofessional manner it raises red flags for me. So I will admit that I was suspicious of LE and SA from the beginning. Since then, they have not been able to come up with some strong evidence that she did it. It just leads me to believe they have been wrong all along. On this basis I believe she is NG.

LOL- these are cops- the way they were with Casey while at Universal is completely "professional". It's their job to get suspects to talk and any way they can go about doing that without breaking any laws themselves is professional (to their profession). IMO they could have been (and in my experience LE often ARE much worse, not so nice as they were to her) much worse.. yelling at her, getting in her face, claming her friends or family told LE things that they never said... they didn't even play good cop, bad cop with her.

So while you may not like the way LE is allowed to handle suspects, it seems to me they stayed within the confines of the law. Trust me, this was nothing.

I think the evidence does not prove guilty. I think it is obvious that someone else was involved. I don't know who that is. It is not the defenses job to find the perp or perps. I have some theories but truthfully I don't know what happened here. I believe LE is suffering the same dilema. After all the reports, they don't really know what happened either.

I think the evidence points to a crime happening. I do not know who that indivdual or indivuals are.

My explanation is simple. After all their efforts, there is still no proof that she did it. NG

Thank you for explaeining that, MP

Well in this case in particular, a lot of witnesses change their story in the second interview. The police can't find a body that is an obvious place. There are a lot of things in this case that just don't make sense.

When things don't make a whole lot of sense, there is someone else involved. Have seen it all my life.

First I would not rule out a predator. There was one caught within 4 miles of the Anthony's home early this year.. Yes it is possible that a predator took Caylee from the nanny and the nanny high tailed it out of there.

...and seeing as this is new knowledge for you (I remember the post)...I'll assume that list was even shorter not that long ago.
Why hasn't Casey sought justice for her child?

No...it's not "highly technical"...it's what was stated in your post. Claiming that LE was using "entrapment" and not being able to substantiate it is IMO reckless.

Not reckless at all. They were trying to trick a confession out of her and when it didn't work, they went back questions again. Simple

Anyone can be nice to someone and then be mean to them by accusing them of lying, intimidate them and try to trick them out of some statement. Their intentions were evil. It didn't work. It is a form of entrapment considering all the power LE has. These are good reasons to beware of LE and their intentions. I think it got out of hand and they made a huge mistake here. She is NG in my opinion

I think CA did leave a telephone message with LE that KC must have had help murdering Caylee. Now that is KC's mother talking can you find anyone who knows KC any better than her mother. Those words will haunt CA for the rest of her life. No wonder her daughter hates her. Just listen to KC's friends describe how KC felt about her mother. The sadness is KC hated her mother more than she loved Caylee that's why that baby is dead.

...and seeing as this is new knowledge for you (I remember the post)...I'll assume that list was even shorter not that long ago.
Why hasn't Casey sought justice for her child?

Justice for her child is getting to the whole truth and nothing but the truth. The officers of the court will be on a fact finding mission. Casey is part of this process. Her Lawyers are officers of the court. She is part of the process of finding the truth. So yes, she is seeking justice for Caylee.

How about this. I may live 100 miles from the closest town. My mother and I are the only two who live in the cabin. I leave for work. I come home to a freshly baked batch of chocolate chip cookies. Should I call my uncle and thank him for the cookies?

laughmouth.gif

Well since no one has been found to match the description of the totally hot to trot nanny who baby sits for free...yea...I would say...good luck to the defense. They are all lies. Including the "I just got a phone call from Caylee today on my phone" stick a fork in KC. She is done. And not worth all of the energy you are putting forth here. I mean that as a compliment. I live in Texas so I don't have any say in the prosecution of this case. What I do know is that she was NOT arrested on a whim and is guilty of something. What the evidence shows thus far is that she let her dead child roll around in the trunk leaking dead decomp all over. Beyond that, more evidence is needed IMHO to show premeditation. But to back KC, is like backing the Detroit Lions to win the Super Bowl. Ain't ever going to happen. Just like showing faith in KC is well...giving her money and expecting her to pay you back. Ain't never going to happen.

Guilty + Premed + Circumstances.

If there are arm hairs attached to the decomp paper towels I hope they have roots. Wonder where I got that from...and thanks for the tip G.

Not reckless at all. They were trying to trick a confession out of her and when it didn't work, they went back questions again. Simple

Anyone can be nice to someone and then be mean to them by accusing them of lying, intimidate them and try to trick them out of some statement. Their intentions were evil. It didn't work. It is a form of entrapment considering all the power LE has. These are good reasons to beware of LE and their intentions. I think it got out of hand and they made a huge mistake here. She is NG in my opinion
Well all I can say is if the defense felt this way I'm sure we would have seen a motion by now.
You still haven't answered my question...why isn't Casey seeking justice for her child? Yes, you're right...it's not the defense's job to find the "guilty" person (though you'd think they'd be vested in that)...but a mother would.

PS- the comments that are being made about trickery and entrapment are inflammatory and that IMO.

Justice for her child is getting to the whole truth and nothing but the truth. The officers of the court will be on a fact finding mission. Casey is part of this process. Her Lawyers are officers of the court. She is part of the process of finding the truth. So yes, she is seeking justice for Caylee.
But you said that the defense doesn't have to find the guilty person...the one who actually killed Caylee...so how is anything short of that the "truth"?

Certainly changing stories cannot be a weight factor for you because Casey and the entire Anthony family have changed their stories numerous times. If that is not important that she/they did it then witness recollections changing should hold no more or less value. So why is it okay for Casey and not them (which I'm not even sure they changed their stories)?

Do you understand LE was trying to find a baby that was missing for thirty one days? KC had the answers to that question. Wouldn't you want to know if that was your granddaughter where that baby was even if it meant asking tough questions to the last person who saw that baby?

Thank you again for answering my questions. It does help me understand how someone could be unsure of Casey's guilt. So you do believe in the nanny story. I thought that you might but did not want to make any assumptions. If you don't mind I do have a few more questions so that I could understand completely.

1. If there is a nanny, how was this nanny paid and who paid her? Casey did not have a job (as far as I can tell) and has not paid or filed taxes since 2004 if I am not mistaken. Cindy has not come forward and said that she paid for a nanny although she has admitted to buying clothes, pull-ups, etc for Caylee.

2. Why are there no pictures in the thousands that Casey has of the nanny, of the nanny's home or of Caylee in the nanny's home? My oldest daughter stayed with a friend of the family for 2 years when she was little while I worked and I have pictures of her in her sitter's home, sitter's car and with her sitter.

3. Why can no one give LE a correct address and phone number for the nanny? If Casey truly took Caylee to the nanny's house on the days that she "worked" then she would know her address.

4. Why has no one ever spoken to the nanny? Cindy, George and Casey's friends all say they have never talked to or heard the nanny's voice. I can't understand a grandparent who has the child living with them not knowing who is taking care of said child.

5. If the nanny is the one that took Caylee and killed her (I hate saying that) why did Casey wait until Cindy pressed her after 31 days to let anyone know that her child was missing? I have always heard that the first 48 hours are crucial when a person is missing or has been killed. To sit and wait for that length of time while not showing any concern for her child makes her seem either guilty or heartless.

Anyway, thanks again for answering my questions and trying to help me understand the "other side of the coin" so to speak as to how someone could be convinced that Casey is not guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth