Check Fraud case information

News "sources" are making me :furious:. They write the trials aren't going to happen. Then report: "the fraud is delayed but the pre-trial status will happen." Then the Judge hasn't postponed the Fraud Case BUT it will happen OR won't happen.

I like the good old days of a real hard copy of a newspaper without "sources".

So true ...... quality control is out the window when it costs so little to publish electronically and you can go back 5 minutes later and correct or update.

Requires more validation when it is going to go into print ..... standards went south.

And did we not all get the impression at the December 11th hearing that the judge wanted this fraud trial out of the way and was willing to give her time served? So what purpose will it serve to move the fraud trial when OBVIOUSLY the media will be moving with the trial with the same exposure for a trial that will last one or two days. My guess, Judge is not going to be too happy at this hearing. Any normal defense attorney would have taken the judge up on his offer.

Yes! :)
AND, it was also decided at that hearing that DC would be depo'd or interviewed! What happened to that?:waitasec:

I thought AL was the death qualified attorney on the case?? Is that old footage or something??

This is unbelievable!

Per this article, the defense hasn't interviewed Amy H. yet, under oath. Ummmm...the trial was scheduled for next week, and Baez hasn't even interviewed Amy yet? What the freak has he been doing? :furious::furious::furious:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...hony-hearing-delayed-20100118,0,4803524.story

He did this purposely, so he can ask for a delay, IMO. It wouldn't surprise me if he keeps pulling these types of "strategies" so he can ask for delays over and over.

Wow, this seriously sux. I could not wait to finally hear her pronounced "guilty" for something! :banghead:

>>This week's status hearing for Casey Anthony’s murder trial has been delayed until Monday January 25, the day her check fraud trial is scheduled to start.
The defense had asked for a change of venue for that trial and there are reports that, since no hearings have been held on that issue, the defense also wants the check fraud trial to be put off.<<

Just on WFTV - http://www.wftv.com/news/22266893/detail.html

>>This week's status hearing for Casey Anthony’s murder trial has been delayed until Monday January 25, the day her check fraud trial is scheduled to start.
The defense had asked for a change of venue for that trial and there are reports that, since no hearings have been held on that issue, the defense also wants the check fraud trial to be put off.<<

Just on WFTV - http://www.wftv.com/news/22266893/detail.html

This is beginning to look like an "Abbott and Costello" skit! :woohoo:

This is beginning to look like an "Abbott and Costello" skit! :woohoo:

I was thinking 3 stooges. :)

WFTV does seem to clarify the situation a little bit, at least.

I too am wondering why Baez STILL has not deposed Amy. WTF is wrong with that guy?

Yeah, I know, it's a rhetorical question. heh

Update fromWFTV!
Now which article do we believe!!

Casey Anthony's Status Hearing Delayed
Posted: 4:51 pm EST January 18, 2010
Updated: 5:03 pm EST January 18, 2010
<snipped>
This week's status hearing for Casey Anthony’s murder trial has been delayed until Monday January 25, the day her check fraud trial is scheduled to start.

The defense had asked for a change of venue for that trial and there are reports that, since no hearings have been held on that issue, the defense also wants the check fraud trial to be put off.

In many cases, judges will try to find a local jury first before discussing a change of venue.

In this case, the judge has already ruled that alleged victim Amy Huizenga has a right to get justice before Casey's murder case goes to trial.

Article:
http://www.wftv.com/news/22266893/detail.html

:angel:

I saw this coming a mile away.

So did I. If you think it's frustrating because the fraud case was postponed, wait until the date for the murder trial is postponed, not once, but possibly twice. It's sure to happen.

Checking the court calendar on Tuesday will give us all the FACTS regarding what is what. Right now the court calendar shows both cases with the original dates.

Checking the court calendar on Tuesday will give us all the FACTS regarding what is what. Right now the court calendar shows both cases with the original dates.

I looked at the calendar a week or two ago and it said the 1/21 hearing was cancelled, but what I saw has been removed since then. Odd.

To me, this looks like either (1) a plea deal on the check fraud case or (2) an agreement to consolidate the two cases. Whoever leaked the "check fraud trial not happening next week" info must think they know what the judge will do when the court is open again tomorrow, and if the defense was merely requesting a postponement they wouldn't have that level of confidence. I think it's something that they believe the judge will almost certainly approve.

I think CFNEWS13 are just forecasting the inevitable to get ahead of the rest of the media.

At the motion hearing, Dec 11 Judge S stated he was calling the first batch of jury candidates the next week and the Check Fraud trial would proceed as planned.

Reality is/was we headed into a Holiday period and the Defense dragged its feet on the AH depo and the court did not address the outstanding Check Fraud motions --- and so the Defense knew this wasn't going to happen.

I can see more delays and the Check Fraud trial might occur in July 2010 with the Murder trial not even close until July 2011 or later.

The Defense is going to drag their feet because the Check Fraud is expected to go before the Murder trial and the more it slips the more time it buys them.

Per RH ... I do see the Check Fraud being a slow plea, they will seek a plea deal but they won't rush into it since, as stated, this is buying them time and cover. KC might even plea out on the Murder trial but only if/when they have exhausted every other opportunity and need to preclude DP (although she will get Life).

Nothing is going to happen anytime soon IMHO and we are going to see delay, delay, delay and ruse, ruse, ruse to re-level the playing field.

It will be a long and gruelling war before any side concedes anything.

I agree with you on the dates. I don't expect to see a Jury seated for the Murder trial until 2011.

To me, this looks like either (1) a plea deal on the check fraud case or (2) an agreement to consolidate the two cases. Whoever leaked the "check fraud trial not happening next week" info must think they know what the judge will do when the court is open again tomorrow, and if the defense was merely requesting a postponement they wouldn't have that level of confidence. I think it's something that they believe the judge will almost certainly approve.

If #2 then did JB take the advice of RH and, if so, is that why his blog is completely erased? 1 + 1 = ??

If #2 then did JB take the advice of RH and, if so, is that why his blog is completely erased? 1 + 1 = ??

If JB took the advice of RH, I would expect RH to be posting a "see I told you so" entry, not deleting his blog!

It was good advice, though....

Yeah, no wonder AL wasn't worried about getting to Florida in time. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

This just reminded me of when she asked Judge how he was doing ( recent hearing ) he answered, "I'm just sittin' on a rainbow". I think he is very polite when frustrated!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back