MI MI - Curtis Twp, WhtFem 30-50, UP8371, many healed fractures, gap b/w upper front teeth, Oct'94

In my non-expert opinion, the two resemble each other pretty closely. Perhaps you could contact the case manager of the unidentified and see if there is DNA available and ask if they know what blood type she is? That could easily rule her out as a match.

Thank you. I will definitely look into that. (It's so hard to tell with a facial reconstruction!)

Her teeth are spot-on. Vital stats are good.

I can't find the UID's case in NamUs, and I see nothing about DNA in the DoeNet page.

Curtis Township is quite a bit beyond the route from Burlington WI to Chicago, but not too far-off.

I haven't looked elsewhere (Porchlight or throughout this site) to see if this has been submitted or ruled-out before, but if you can't find evidence that it has been ruled-out I definitely think you should call it in.

Let us know if you need help with it.

Her teeth are spot-on. Vital stats are good.

I can't find the UID's case in NamUs, and I see nothing about DNA in the DoeNet page.

I haven't looked elsewhere (Porchlight and here) to see if this has been submitted or ruled-out before, but I think that this is a definite call-in.

Let us know if you need help with it.

Thank you so much! I have sent the info to the Burlington Police Department, the city where Kerry disappeared from, because I am familiar with some of the officers there. I really appreciate the opinions, as I have been too close to this case for too long and thought maybe I was just being overly hopeful. But...you never know.

I couldn't find any rule-outs on Porchlight for the UID or Kerry O'Brien-Krueger. IMO the match looks good and I hope you hear from LE soon.

I couldn't find any rule-outs on Porchlight for the UID or Kerry O'Brien-Krueger. IMO the match looks good and I hope you hear from LE soon.

Thank you. I will post as soon as I hear anything. This is Burlington's only unsolved missing person case, so if this isn't Kerry, I am determined to keep looking.

the teeth are what got me on this one, they really do look the same to my eye.

the teeth are what got me on this one, they really do look the same to my eye.

Yep, and the chin as well, and probably the cheekbones. Closest looking match I've seen in a while.

Yep, and the chin as well, and probably the cheekbones. Closest looking match I've seen in a while.

I think the ears are similar too, but it's hard to tell from these two photos. Waiting is so hard, and I know this will take awhile.

I agree with Carl, teeth are a spot on.

b4e, If you don't hear from the Burlington PD, contact the Alcona County Sheriff that is listed on the Doe's Page. It seems to me that when I submit potential matches, the UID's PD is the one who has gotten back to me rather than the PD that the missing person is from (just from my experience). You also stated that if this is Burlington's only missing person case, then you might have luck in them working with you....

I think you might have found something here!! Good job!

I have contacted the Alcona county sherriff in the past about this doe (infact was in the process of getting local news paper archives to see if there was any other details availavle) and they are LESS THAN USEFUL. I no less than begged them to put the UID into NAMUS. First they told me that they had and she was already in there ( I think they were confused with codis maybe?) and then they changed the story and just flat out refused. They tried for a long time to get a rule out on a missing michigan girl, and I never heard back. If you want I can call and see if they will give me a list of rule outs. THey werent willing to do that over the phone before, they wanted me to go there in person....and I am about 4 hours away.

I am very hopeful that the Burlington PD will get back to me quickly. Kerry has not been forgotten in her hometown. Last year, the local paper printed a huge article on the anniversary of her disappearance.

I agree with Carl, teeth are a spot on.

b4e, If you don't hear from the Burlington PD, contact the Alcona County Sheriff that is listed on the Doe's Page. It seems to me that when I submit potential matches, the UID's PD is the one who has gotten back to me rather than the PD that the missing person is from (just from my experience). You also stated that if this is Burlington's only missing person case, then you might have luck in them working with you....

I think you might have found something here!! Good job!

I agree with Chaddylex that usually, the UID side of the equation is the better first option.

Normally, LE is in the business of chasing bad guys, and Missing Persons cases are seen as a tedious distraction. Coroner's offices are in the business of identifying decedents, so it makes more sense to take the case there.

Although, as Mtrooper indicated, that's not always the case.

I just received an e-mail from the chief of detectives for our local PD. He thanked me profusely for the information I sent him, and is giving it to his investigators for their prompt attention!

I just received an e-mail from the chief of detectives for our local PD. He thanked me profusely for the information I sent him, and is giving it to his investigators for their prompt attention!

Any updates?

Any updates?

I haven't heard anything yet. We got a new Police Chief the same week I submitted this info. (I heard from both the interim and the new Police Chief, as well as the chief of detectives, but wonder if the changeover caused some sort of delay...?)

Do you think I should contact them again, or just keep waiting?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back