GUILTY Australia - Kiesha Weippeart, 6, Mount Druitt, NSW, 18 July 2010 - #2

I'm not worried, I think they and we have the right people in mind, it's just a matter of building a case. And guys let's not forget the wealth of evidence they would have removed from their unit when forensics practically stripped it. She'll be right, they're just getting all their ducks in a row and making sure they've covered all their bases so this goes through trial and onto conviction without a hitch.

I hope so! It's this thought that's keeping me positive, and I also think this could be the reason why the media, and as a result the public, are being kept in the dark about so much of what's going on too.

This reminds me of the Gallante case (Stanhope Gardens), the police and other family members knew who it was and had to pretend to be support of him and everything knowing he was the one. Also this case went very quiet in the media for a month or two until an arrest was made.

I am feeling extremely frustrated and needing closure for this case, but we will have to wait until the police are sure that the case will get a conviction when it goes to trial.

Nothing would be worse than seeing the person/s getting off on a technicality.

Forgive me if this has already been discussed and I have missed it. I picked up in the media this morning that they are now reporting that blood-stained paper towels were also collected at the scene in Sadlier, along with the shirt, belt and ball.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...hunt-body-in-bag/story-e6freooo-1225915077704

I'm wondering why the three day search if there wasn't a solid lead? Three days with that level of police resources seems like a lot more than usual to me.

If it was a work shirt.....who would be wearing the work short???? he works at woolies doesnt he??? does anyone know what he does there...is he behind the scenes and maybe not wear a uniform......

Also does anyone know if they have stopped and looked at the support wall???? That sought of seems a bit heartless if they havent doesnt it????? but then again they may be scared of community reaction......I love reading the facebook pages dedicated to these victims....so many of the locals and family and friends provide alot of info that we dont get to hear......however the Kieshas pages were taken over really badly by trolls.....what d..kheads hey!!!

am a bit confused here....so someone has said they saw a duffle bag with remains in it but when the police got there it was gone or maybe never there?? is that correct???

am a bit confused here....so someone has said they saw a duffle bag with remains in it but when the police got there it was gone or maybe never there?? is that correct???

Yep....that's what they're saying, sounds hinky to me. Maybe someone out for a bit of attention?

ON the bloody shirt, there is no way that can be related to Kiesha because if it was in a bin as of yesterday it must have been placed in that bin yesterday morning or late Sunday night. So way too late in the game to be relevant.

I'm thinking it's a shirt a guy was wearing when he got into a fight (probably Sunday night, probably drunk). Just a guess, but see it all the time, the minute they start fighting they're pulling their shirts off.

Anyway could be 100% wrong about all the above, but that's my shirt theory.

Yes, that seems to be the case. I'm going to paraphrase here - at 4pm on Saturday a woman rang in to the police to say she had seen a duffel bag containing human remains. The police arrive Saturday evening (not sure what time) to search the area - the search continues until Monday afternoon (?). During that time, a member of the public found the bloody items (ball, shirt, etc). Police have said that the bloody items are not connected to Kiesha's case, but will not comment on the subject of the duffel bag.

TMK, a community nurse or support worker wasn't assigned to visit Kristi at home after Lxxx was born on July 7th. Where I live, the hospital is required to fax the birth announcements to a community health and social services agency the following day and a registered nurse is automatically assigned to set up home visits with the mother. I believe these visits are mandatory.

No news for Kiesha today, but I found this:

Snip and UBM~

The promotional blurb for Polly and Me reads: "Behind closed doors unfolds a story of neglect. An eight-year-old girl lives alone with her mother and dreams of a better life beyond the walls of their small and dingy apartment. Polly and Me is the story of one little girl who has fallen between the cracks and reminds us that just because we don't see her, it doesn't mean she isn't there."

The short film will air tomorrow at 9.30pm on ABC1, coinciding with National Child Protection Week. It is produced and directed by the group who made the confronting, AFI award-winning 2008 documentary, The Oasis, which followed the lives of homeless youth who visit an inner-city refuge.

There is also a danger in trading in cliched, class-based stereotypes. There are correlations between poverty and child abuse but it is important that we do not become complacent about child abuse in middle-class populations. Nor should we pathologise working-class populations en masse.

Part of our fascination with the story of a missing Mount Druitt girl, Kiesha Abrahams, is that it speaks to and reinforces various stereotypes we have about class and parental neglect. Comments on forums reveal a widespread suspicion over working-class parents in Sydney's western suburbs

more at link:
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/socie...s-our-eyes-to-child-abuse-20100907-14zgm.html

GREAT butwhatif?, I will definitely be watching that....here is some more info on Oasis, they really are one of the shining lights here for disenfranchised youth http://salvos.org.au/oasis/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HynYkbfRpU&feature=related

Ahh, now that I've watched the you tube vid, I remember it. That guy is unreal, in the best possible way! An absolute angel of a man.

Love the Salvos. They are the one charity that I always support.

I'll be watching it too.

The silence is deafening.

It sure is!! I wake up each day thinking 'today will be the day', but it never is.

But I know the D's are working so hard on this case, to make sure that an arrest will stick when it does eventually happen.

....but still, kiesha is out there somewhere. That's the bit that tears me up the most.

No news for Kiesha today, but I found this:

Snip and UBM~

The promotional blurb for Polly and Me reads: "Behind closed doors unfolds a story of neglect. An eight-year-old girl lives alone with her mother and dreams of a better life beyond the walls of their small and dingy apartment. Polly and Me is the story of one little girl who has fallen between the cracks and reminds us that just because we don't see her, it doesn't mean she isn't there."

The short film will air tomorrow at 9.30pm on ABC1, coinciding with National Child Protection Week. It is produced and directed by the group who made the confronting, AFI award-winning 2008 documentary, The Oasis, which followed the lives of homeless youth who visit an inner-city refuge.

There is also a danger in trading in cliched, class-based stereotypes. There are correlations between poverty and child abuse but it is important that we do not become complacent about child abuse in middle-class populations. Nor should we pathologise working-class populations en masse.

Part of our fascination with the story of a missing Mount Druitt girl, Kiesha Abrahams, is that it speaks to and reinforces various stereotypes we have about class and parental neglect. Comments on forums reveal a widespread suspicion over working-class parents in Sydney's western suburbs

more at link:
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/socie...s-our-eyes-to-child-abuse-20100907-14zgm.html

I would love to see that documentary!
Here's what a search of Polly and Me came up with. Very interesting and plan to bookmark and read later (although the report is done by The Australian Research Alliance for Children & Youth). By a brief glance, it appears to be exactly what we are talking about here.

http://www.pollyandme.com.au/documents/Thecomplexitybehindchildabuseandneglectsupportingstatistics.pdf

Hebersham Tigers keep Kiesha close to heart

snip~

THE Hebersham West City Tigers under-12 rugby league side took to St Marys League Stadium on Saturday with a lot more than just victory in mind.

Although they faced St Pats in their Penrith Junior Rugby League grand final the players vowed to keep missing Hebersham six-year-old Kiesha Abrahams close to their hearts.

They all wore red arm bands which symbolised Kiesha’s blood - the thought being that as long as that red arm band kept moving on the field so too was Kiesha’s blood still coursing through her body.

The boys also handed out flyers to the almost 400-strong crowd with details of Kiesha’s disappearance and photos.
“A lot of people were interested in what they were doing and saying it was good to see someone doing something (for Kiesha).

“The kids weren’t embarrassed at all and everyone was shaking their hand.”

http://mt-druitt-standard.whereilive.com.au/news/story/hebersham-tigers-keep-kiesha-close-to-heart/

What wonderful young men! They should stand tall and proud.

So unbelieveable that these kids are doing more to help Kiesha than her own family.

I would love to see that documentary!
Here's what a search of Polly and Me came up with. Very interesting and plan to bookmark and read later (although the report is done by The Australian Research Alliance for Children & Youth). By a brief glance, it appears to be exactly what we are talking about here.

http://www.pollyandme.com.au/documents/Thecomplexitybehindchildabuseandneglectsupportingstatistics.pdf

Here's the link to the abc website, won't be up yet, but possibly tomorrow, they are pretty good about putting up documentary's and making them available for download.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back