TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe that the two girls didn't tell anyone, before today, that they had played bball with Hailey the day she went missing.

Two things that throw me for a loop here:

1. Mom, even though she sounds sincere and believable, said she and several others failed their polys....but LE says no results were given. Is she lying? Are they lying?

2. LE (including State Troopers, whom I respect) say they think Hailey is hiding. Really? What is leading them in this direction? What did they learn that makes them think this so powerfully that they would risk their reputation by saying this so convincingly in the media?

No..I think she made it to atleast one place she said she was going. I dont buy the runaway story even a little, and believe me I would much rather her be a runaway.
I think your right. I just hope this doesn't drag on for months like the other hailey sp??

IMO? She's no longer with us, and the guilty party will turn out to be someone close to her. oops, hit post to soon. I think there was alot going on in that house and that it had been rough for awhile. Argument that got out of hand more than likely. At least that's what I think right now.

I tend to agree but I am leaving a 10% chance for stranger abduction, Since Jessica Lundsford case when it seemed to me it could be family member but instead was John Couie sp?

What do you guys think happened to Hailey??

I think it is a possible abduction by someone she met on the internet and she was picked up in the motel parking lot. IMHO
That's my theory for today, very confusing case.

Can someone point me to where we learned the moms phone was a prepaid? All I remember is it was speculated, but never saw confirmation?! It could be because I have been up since 11 pm last night...... on 2 hours of sleep.... and following this case and 2 others for days..... lol, if I simply missed it, I am sorry, and TIA for leading me to the confirmation ;) :innocent:

and who can forget kayleah wilson - i agree about the state trooper - they know something IMO to make this statement (if the MSM report is to be believed) that they believe she is "hiding" - that's a long way away from kidnapped/killed/etc. IMO

Me too and it confirms it in the forensic astrology forum.

I can't believe that the two girls didn't tell anyone, before today, that they had played bball with Hailey the day she went missing.

According to SA, Hailey was wearing a T-shirt, sweatpants...
According to BD, Hailey had on her flip flops....
The 2 girls played basketball with Hailey the day she went missing....
Do girls play basketball in flip flops?

bbm... at this point, imhoo, we don't know if it was that specific day:

they played basketball with Hailey sometime prior to her disappearance.
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329767

I am going out on a limb here...but I don't think these two kids are going to lead to where Hailey is right now. MOO

My opinion, my own opinion, just sayin'...

I'm trying to figure out how a 13-year-old girl could be "in hiding" for this long.

I think it's too cold to be living in someone's garage or tree house or shed. Besides, there's the problem of toilet facilities. Thirteen year old girls tend to prefer flush toilets.

I could understand maybe staying with a school friend and sleeping under the bed and having food sneaked in, and ~maybe~ adults being none the wiser...but not for more than a day or two.

Even if all of the adults in the house were gone all day, there'd surely be signs of more food being gone, more trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night, more dirty clothes (assuming that the friend was lending the "visitor" clothing), just general evidence that there are more people in the house than normal.

Could she be rotating between friends so as to stay hidden? Maybe, but she'd be taking quite a chance of being seen between hiding places, especially if the community is on high-alert as that one is.

Could a person live in a home without adults noticing? Well, I'd like to say not in my house, but as far as I know, none of my daughters have ever tried to covertly harbor a runaway.

I ~hope~ she's hiding, but my innermost thoughts are disagreeing.

As for the "no telephone number for mom", well, the child ~is~ thirteen years old, I'd bet that she has more than mom's cell phone number memorized. We made sure that our daughters, by the time they were in kindergarten, had three phone numbers memorized - Mom's, Dad's, and a family friend's. Even given that this is the cell phone age and you select a name rather than punching in a phone number...nah, she ~has~ to have some numbers memorized.

My opinions only.

All the time. Drives me nuts, it's a broken ankle waiting to happen!

DPS: Confident missing Colorado City teen alive and hiding

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/10/dps-confident-missing-colorado-city-teen-alive-and/

Well if they are so confident, please pray tell, so we can all be as confident as you !

They don't even have a timeline according to themselves, good grief ! These kind of headline articles will do no good for Hailey....

Could they be making someone feel a bit more comfortable that they arent looking in thier direction?

well not usually but my 12 yr old has went up to the park in flip flops and decided she was going to play basketball and just played barefoot.???

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978901010
Missing Hailey Dunn May be in Hiding Says Trooper
January 10, 2011 04:50 PM EST

A twist has risen in the story of Hailey Dunn, the 13-year-old girl missing in Texas. State Troopers now believe the missing girl is in hiding. This comes as a rather shocking change in a disappearance that, until today, was believed to be an abduction.

When Senior Department of Public Safety Trooper Sparky Dean and Pete Kampfer, city manager for Colorado City, met with sixth graders this morning to discuss the girl's disappearance, they made statements that shed new light. Trooper Dean asked the students if they had any knowledge of Hailey's whereabouts.
snipped
---------------------------
i just don't understand this case at all.

huh?:waitasec:

I think the whole "hailey is hiding" comment was taken out of context... or rather "cherry picked" by the media and spun.

It was quoted that LE told students this when they spoke to them this morning... could it have been to disarm them? elicit information? Who knows... but I agree with the last poster who said it seemed that a lot of LE comments, with lack of televised pressers, have had their comments and snippets of comments "cherry picked" and ITA.

Just my opinion but a televised presser would be a good way to go at this point to set the record straight and get the media focused in the right direction ((or at least a written released statement to help with deviation from what LE is actually saying in this case))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken