Canada - Liana White, 29, Edmonton AB, 12 July 2005 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
according to CTVNews.net

Michael White had his first court appearance this morning. He did not enter a plea.
Last I heard the Acting Insp. Jamie Ewatski will have a news conference at 3 pm Mountain time.

Jess said:
according to CTVNews.net

Michael White had his first court appearance this morning. He did not enter a plea.
Last I heard the Acting Insp. Jamie Ewatski will have a news conference at 3 pm Mountain time.

Does anyone know if that will be shown on any USA channels and, if so, what time for the East Coast?

poco said:
Does anyone know if that will be shown on any USA channels and, if so, what time for the East Coast?
That 'll be 5 o'clock Eastern time. It might be carried live on the two main tv networks, CBC and CTV. There is no guarantee that the local stations will show it live, but will show the tape during the evening news.

Casshew said:
New article this morning...not much new info...

160_white_family_050718.jpg

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1121771077940_2/?hub=TopStories

Look at that sweet baby Ashley... now without a Mother and a murderer for a Dad :mad:
casshew-thanku for the insight into holmoka - laurieJ - thanku too..
As I said - I am not on top of that case and when I heard paul bernardo claiming it was all karla's idea I just wondered why anyone would listent o him-and as I said- being in the west I dont know the case the same way you guys might in the east.
I surely do not want to debate it as she doesnt deserve my defense when I dont know anything anyhow..if she steps out of line I am sure she will be in jail right away.
However, is she considered a registered sex offender?? I am just curious as I thought she was exempt from that process?

Thanks gang

on the old thread I read that he left the 3 year old alone while he disposed of the body? Is that correct and how do we know this? I came over here with the old posts in mind so hope I am being followed.
I bet he is no longer staying at the inlaws though I sure hope the child is.

PrayersForMaura said:
I am trying to think of reasons why a man would murder his wife and child.
Why do such a thing and walk away?

In Scott Peterson's case, it seems (although we'll never know unless he confesses) that he didn't want the responsibility of a child, he had money problems and a mistress. Still, none of the reasons make it "ok". Never is it "ok". :mad:

In Mark Hacking's case, it was because he was leading a double life and pretty much living a lie. Lori uncovered his lies and was about to expose him. He thought that if he rid himself of her, he could keep living his lie.
But when he was caught, he only made it all worse for himself ... and took a beautiful woman's life for once again ... a selfish motive.

So why did Micheal White murder Lianna?
They already have one child, so it can't be about not wanting children.
We don't know of any mistress.
We don't know of any lies about his life... apparently he was an auto mechanic and it was widely known.
We don't know of any marital problems or any ongoing abuse.

What is his "reason" ... his "justification" that in his mind, he could get away with this and life would be better without Lianna alive? What was he thinking??

These idiot guys ... man, I hope the guy I eventually marry doesn't feel the need to erase me from his life. And I pray for all the women alive in this world who have a husband planning to harm them. May they be saved, somehow, some way.

And for Laci, Lori, Lianna, Janet and all the other women murdered by their spouses ... may they rest in peace :(
I am sure it will unravel to be a woman-or money in his case. Or both.
As well, generally we will see a double life unfold of some sort so if not a woman or money it will be something. The key is leading a double life.

poco said:
poco I would be very surprised if it is shown anywhere else but canada..I do think we will see it here in canada as its catching on now..there is a national interest now that he hs been charged-people will want to know all the things we want to know.
Yesterday I was afraid ir would only be shown in edmonton.

poco- they have video footage of the news on ctv - I'll find the link so if its going to be on video u guys can watch that way,

Hope you don't mind me here. I'm not from Canada, but this still has bothered me alot. I never felt like Lianna could just walk away from her little girl. Did they know what the sex of the new baby was? Perhaps another girl and Micheal had to have a son?

poco- they have video footage of the news on ctv - I'll find the link so if its going to be on video u guys can watch that way.

http://www.ctv.ca/news

ok go here and then look for newsnet icons that look like a vidoe - there is one for this case-an update is given-so I hunch it will be on the same link later when the news conference is on..
I dont see a feed link so u have to go find the headline that is video'd first then it plays for u. (as below but you will see the vidoe icon on the left too)

Edmonton man faces court on wife's murder charge

An Edmonton man accused of murdering his pregnant wife has made his first court appearance where he reserved a plea on charges of second-degree murder.

(the headline is as above)(the newsnet version is just below the opening paragraph)

CTV Newsnet: Sarah Galashan with the latest details document.write(format_clip_duration('00:02:51.23')); // see common.js 2:51

kahskye said:
Hope you don't mind me here. I'm not from Canada, but this still has bothered me alot. I never felt like Lianna could just walk away from her little girl. Did they know what the sex of the new baby was? Perhaps another girl and Micheal had to have a son?
god i hope its not about that-for gods sake how barbaric is that?

"Just stay there, we'll find you. We will. I'll find you," he said tearfully in a television interview last week.

This sounds weirder to me now then ever- I mean why would u ask her to stay where she is -if she had any chance of escaping then you would want her to had she been abducted.

added

O/Topic but very critical to society..a nominee for the supreme court justice seat vacated by day-oconner is being announced at 9 pm eastern - breaking news from CNN.

newtv said:
Why would he reserve a plea do u think?
I'm sure based on legal advice so they can derive the best defense- like insanity or accidental GRRRR!!!!:behindbar That poor little Ashley- he has now deprived her of both parents:sick: .

newtv said:
on the old thread I read that he left the 3 year old alone while he disposed of the body? Is that correct and how do we know this?
Newt - you think maybe he called in a sitter?????????? :slap:

Global Edmonton
12 pm news

July 26th will be Michael White's next court appearance.
His lawyer, Larry Anderson, refused to comment on the similarities between this case and Scott Peterson, nor would he comment on his client's state of mind.

newtv said:
"Just stay there, we'll find you. We will. I'll find you," he said tearfully in a television interview last week.

This sounds weirder to me now then ever- I mean why would u ask her to stay where she is -if she had any chance of escaping then you would want her to had she been abducted.

However, its seems he did just that!!!!!!!

packerdog said:
I wonder if he shot her, the article said that they used metal detectors near the body, maybe they were looking for a gun. We see more and more of these cases where a husband kills a pregnant wife, just so sad. When I was pregnant my husband and I were the happiest. You have to be a really horrible, selfish, person (Scott Peterson type) to murder your pregnant wife and baby.

I'm wondering what the "indiginity to the body" means. I wonder if he partially dismembered her. Ugh, awful to think about. God Bless her and the baby. I hope this creep gets life without.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle