FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I believe you. So that means that the post's I read saying that Trayvon had an I-Phone are incorrect?

You can have an iPhone on tmobile. It just doesn't let you use all of the features you could if you were with an authorized carrier. (No 3G or 4G for example.) But the phone works.

I must have missed something. Where was the March 2 date of the call reported?

TIA.

We're looking at a phone log that we believe is Trayvon's and 911 was called on March 2nd. Five days after he was deceased.

Replying to this post from Ironhorse from locked thread:

Well unlike you with all due respect I'm not convinced Mr. Martin is a victim per se. Is he a victim in the sense he passed away in a mysterious yet tragic incident of that I have no doubt. Which is exactly why I attended the rally at Fort Mellon park and gave a donation. But lets put aside my generosity and focus on the case at hand:

I feel in the end this may well be something far less than what many have tired to make it out to be... Mr. Zimmerman goes to question an unknown individual and that individual chooses to hide his face and evade him. Meanwhile Mr. Martin unfamiliar with the neighborhood sees a stranger staring at him and feels uncomfortable pulls his hoodie up and begins to walk briskly away...From this point it seems like a twist of tragic errors on both parties fault lead to an incident, that could have easily been avoided. As a result of those missteps Mr. Martin lost his life and that's saddening.

BBM

What right did Mr. Zimmerman have to question Mr. Martin?

And why would it be wrong for someone having a total stranger questioning him choose to try to evade that person?

and yet again, I would like to post the article where Wendy Dorival, the liaison between the watch groups and the police department, is discussing the roles of Zimmerman and the neighborhood watch program.

She states that she met with Zimmerman and his group in August 2011 and provided them information regarding the program.

1. In every presentation, “I go through what the rules and responsibilities are,” she said Thursday. The volunteers’ role, she said, is “being the eyes and ears” for the police, “not the vigilante.” Members of a neighborhood watch “are not supposed to confront anyone,” she said. “We get paid to get into harm’s way. You don’t do that. You just call them from the safety of your home or your vehicle.”
Using a gun in the neighborhood watch role would be out of the question, she said in an interview.

2. In Sanford, she said, watch groups are not even supposed to make the rounds. That is the job of another kind of volunteer organization, Citizens on Patrol, whose members are selected and trained by the police and who drive the streets in a specially marked vehicle. Members of that group, Ms. Dorival said, “are armed only with a radio.”

3. The manual warns that watch members should “not attempt to apprehend a person committing a crime or to investigate a suspicious activity.” It should be emphasized to members of patrols, the materials state, that “they do not possess police power and they shall not carry weapons.” The consequences of not following the guidelines are severe, the manual states: “Each member is liable as an individual for civil and criminal charges should he exceed his authority.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46830953/#.T21dIRH2b2Y

Why would SPD wait almost 5 whole days (and week days at that) to call that phone? 5 days. I read somewhere about the phone being locked - can you still call 911 from a locked phone? So they called 911 to see what that phone's number was. And then, called it back to see if they could answer it? Why call it twice?

But more importantly why wait 5 whole days?????? Wait, by that Friday Trayvon's parents knew. Common sense says they would have asked about his phone - FIVE WHOLE DAYS????

And we still have no confirmation on where this phone is - physically - today. Its not listed as evidence on the police report. The parents say they don't have it. Now we find out that SPD has at least called it - 5 whole days AFTER the shooting.

Something ain't fittin'

It ain't fittin', it ain't fittin'
It just ain't fittin'

JMHO

Where is that phone now? Is it missing? Could SPD have been looking for it and calling it to see where it pings?

We've been asking where his phone has been forever! All we know is that police claim that his parents wouldn't give them permission to access the phone logs and Trayvon's parents said that they don't even have the phone, that LE has it?

We're looking at a phone log that we believe is Trayvon's and 911 was called on March 2nd. Five days after he was deceased.

Many thanks--where are you looking at it? As I said, I think I missed something.

So then it sounds it was the police calling 911 to figure out the number of the phone. Maybe they just called the number back to make sure the cell phone would ring.
Or make sure the phone was in service since you can call 911 from a phone without service. Can't figure out why they called it back twice though.

Why would SPD wait almost 5 whole days (and week days at that) to call that phone? 5 days. I read somewhere about the phone being locked - can you still call 911 from a locked phone? So they called 911 to see what that phone's number was. And then, called it back to see if they could answer it? Why call it twice?

But more importantly why wait 5 whole days?????? Wait, by that Friday Trayvon's parents knew. Common sense says they would have asked about his phone - FIVE WHOLE DAYS????

And we still have no confirmation on where this phone is - physically - today. Its not listed as evidence on the police report. The parents say they don't have it. Now we find out that SPD has at least called it - 5 whole days AFTER the shooting.

Something ain't fittin'

It just ain't fittin'

JMHO

Hattie McDaniel!

Well, at least we know now that that reporter we saw earlier is completely wrong - Trayvon didn't call 911. Media and their mis-information. :banghead:

Well, at least we know now that that reporter we saw earlier is completely wrong - Trayvon didn't call 911. Media and their mis-information. :banghead:

Wish they would issue not only an apology, but an explanation too! How awful to report something like that. Hope Tray's family didn't see that and get their hopes up.

Or make sure the phone was in service since you can call 911 from a phone without service. Can't figure out why they called it back twice though.
But why wait 5 days? Surely by then Trayvon's parents had asked for that phone - or where it was - or if it was found with him - or or or something. I know if it had been my child - I certainly would have. 5 days?

Wait, hold up......

Wouldn't Trayvon's dad have called that number when he started looking for him? I know I would try my child's cell first thing if they had been gone longer than they were supposed to have been.

If a phone was off - would an incoming call have been logged? What about broken? Or the battery fell out?

I don't know anymore - I can't get past the five whole days.

JMHO

For the life of me I cannot understand the way the police handled this! Even apparant suicides are investigated before the case is closed. You're telling me they took George Zimmerman at his word that HE was the VICTIM and let him walk away after shooting Trayvon? I must've missed something - that can't be it. God.

and yet again, I would like to post the article where Wendy Dorival, the liaison between the watch groups and the police department, is discussing the roles of Zimmerman and the neighborhood watch program.

She states that she met with Zimmerman and his group in August 2011 and provided them information regarding the program.

1. In every presentation, “I go through what the rules and responsibilities are,” she said Thursday. The volunteers’ role, she said, is “being the eyes and ears” for the police, “not the vigilante.” Members of a neighborhood watch “are not supposed to confront anyone,” she said. “We get paid to get into harm’s way. You don’t do that. You just call them from the safety of your home or your vehicle.”
Using a gun in the neighborhood watch role would be out of the question, she said in an interview.

2. In Sanford, she said, watch groups are not even supposed to make the rounds. That is the job of another kind of volunteer organization, Citizens on Patrol, whose members are selected and trained by the police and who drive the streets in a specially marked vehicle. Members of that group, Ms. Dorival said, “are armed only with a radio.”

3. The manual warns that watch members should “not attempt to apprehend a person committing a crime or to investigate a suspicious activity.” It should be emphasized to members of patrols, the materials state, that “they do not possess police power and they shall not carry weapons.” The consequences of not following the guidelines are severe, the manual states: “Each member is liable as an individual for civil and criminal charges should he exceed his authority.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46830953/#.T21dIRH2b2Y

In case there is any confusion here, I have never disagreed with any of your posts. And to re-post what I said on the closed thread, in light of the information you have posted, both GZ and his pal FT were disobeying the rules:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57403716/friend-of-martins-shooter-id-do-the-same-thing/

Something ain't fittin'

It just ain't fittin'

JMHO

Let's say the phone was found in the bushes of one of the yards 5 days after the shooting. The person finds it and thinks it might be important and calls 911 with it and tells them their addy and says they found this phone and it is locked and they can't get into the phone book. 911 gives them a number to call the police or told them to bring it in and hung up. Then something soaks into the 911 operators brain about that number, maybe it is a mystery number from the shooting night that called 911 but did not say who it was and heard a fight. So 911 calls back and says don't do anything we are sending a cop to get it now.

But why wait 5 days? Surely by then Trayvon's parents had asked for that phone - or where it was - or if it was found with him - or or or something. I know if it had been my child - I certainly would have. 5 days?

Wait, hold up......

Wouldn't Trayvon's dad have called that number when he started looking for him? I know I would try my child's cell first thing if they had been gone longer than they were supposed to have been.

If a phone was off - would an incoming call have been logged? What about broken? Or the battery fell out?

I don't know anymore - I can't get past the five whole days.

JMHO

It just further proves to me that the Sanford PD were in no rush to do any real investigating in this case. Maybe they were waiting for Tray's drug and alcohol results to come back positive and when that (I assume) came back negative, they wanted to see the contents of the phone to look elsewhere for dirt on Tray.

Just my opinion.

That's right! Disregard part of my post above. LOL LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member