GUILTY WY - Park Co., Male UP11992, decapitated, Jan'14 - Juan Guerra Torres

these belts are for sale on ebay,origionally from mexico

When I first saw the photo of that belt, the first I thought was "mexico." I bet the victim is a Mexican national, and the killing is drug and/or immigration related.

Living so close to Mexico, and reading about the extreme violence to the remains, I have to say cartel has now sprung to mind. Particularly the decapitation. Leaving the belt is a message to s/o who knows him, IMO. Whether LE ever identifies him or not, I'd bet that s/o close to him knows and has got the message loud and clear.

Coyote victim, maybe? Example to others?

ETA I meant to say PrairieWind had me thinking the same thing, thank you

Ragamuffin, I agree. The beheading is classic cartel behavior. I just saw in the last hour that the Sheriff in Park County has contacted Border Patrol for help as well as the FBI.

As an equestrian, Ariat's are typically worn while/for riding horses. They aren't specific, I have a "street pair", however....

Ranch hand seems right on target, or something similar.
Wonder if he was a mule to Canada, or the like?

http://www.ariat.com

(Saw the shoes via the video linked above.)

This might have to do with the Bakken Field, also. An influx of men working there but also a lot of crime. We are east of where he was found but, even here, there is a lot of traffic going through to oil fields.

these belts are for sale on ebay,origionally from mexico

Yes, the belts I have found which carry all the design elements such as the Brahma, the 'z' edging, and the horse head, have a 'made in Mexico' imprint on the inner leather.

This may not be the exact brand of belt, but this is one maker who carry all the design elements:
I would say the design elements are from an embroidery machine program - which enables the maker to mix and match the elements to make many designs.

(Similar/same) Belt brand -

picture.php

I have no idea if this is the factory address as I cant understand the language, but...
Mexican Export Import

Some of the similar design type belts from the Potro Brand below:
Brahma design element

Horse head design element

Belt edging

Update on description:

The sheriff’s office reported Monday the victim was a “Caucasian or light-skinned Hispanic male, about 5 feet, 4 inches to 5-6 tall, weighing 180-200 pounds. He was less than 35 years old and, by all indications, an agricultural or ranch worker.

http://www.codyenterprise.com/news/local/article_4b3b34c6-7989-11e3-bef8-001a4bcf887a.html

If he's only 5'4 - 5'6 and weighs 180-200 pounds, he would be quite memorable. There's aren't too many men around who are that short.

Hopefully they at least will be able to find out the victim's identity.

picture.php

The road is desolate - Google Map Link: Little Sands Coulee Road s/w of Powell - Wyoming

The road that the UID was found on seems to be right in the centre of 3 highways/main roads. I am seeing that as a deliberate strategy so that it makes it hard to know which direction the UID was driven in from, and in which direction the person/people who did this to him, took off in.

I am not sure of the exact location the body was found - but the news article with the video footage has the Little Sand Coulee road being taped off at the cattle grid - but it doesn't show where the other cut-off tape on the road crosses.

Pic: Tape across the Cattlegrid on Little Sands Coulee Road...
Pic Below is a screencapture only - not video. Video at link above.

picture.php

Im wondering if this person was new to the area and had just got a job in the State - and maybe isn't missed because it might look like he just didn't turn up to start the new job?
Or was he on his way to/from an event like a Rodeo or Powwow? Was he a regular at any of these circuits?

His description from Fox News
A forensic pathologist reports the victim was approximately 5-foot-4 to 5-foot-6 and weighed between 180 and 200 pounds. The victim was less than 35 year of age and appears to have been an agricultural or ranch worker. Authorities say the man was of "stocky" build and in good physical condition.

After having another look at the video and your map FigTree I noticed when they panned the camera around on the video that there appeared to be a main road close by. I think that the location where the body was found might be close to the corner of Little Sand Coulee Road and WY-294, Powell. There's a cattle grid, as seen in the video, close to the entrance of Little Sand Coulee Road as well. Nearest town would be Powell. imo

Corner Little Sand Coulee Road and WY-294, Powell
http://goo.gl/maps/dbw6J

Video: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/13/autopsy-determines-decapi_0_n_4591598.html

After having another look at the video and your map FigTree I noticed when they panned the camera around on the video that there appeared to be a main road close by. I think that the location where the body was found might be close to the corner of Little Sand Coulee Road and WY-294, Powell. There's a cattle grid, as seen in the video, close to the entrance of Little Sand Coulee Road as well. Nearest town would be Powell. imo

Corner Little Sand Coulee Road and WY-294, Powell
http://goo.gl/maps/dbw6J

Video: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/13/autopsy-determines-decapi_0_n_4591598.html

Yes, you're right enzeder :)
I dont know if they blocked both ends of the road - but the video footage is at the junction of LSC Rd and HW 294.

Sorry this pic below might be big - but you can see which end of the road the tape was being placed across the cattle grid.

picture.php

Maybe there is a local or someone who knows exactly where the body was located on Little Sand Coulee Road - it would be much appreciated :)

Main Stream Media

18th January 2014
The Star Tribune Wyoming. Read More...
No clues from air as investigation of Park County headless corpse continues
Sheriff Scott Steward said Friday that his office also was waiting for lab results of blood samples that may help in determining the victim’s identity.
-----
“We’re looking for vehicles that may be abandoned that may lead to identification,” Steward said.
The search included flying over the remote area on Thursday, but no concealed or abandoned vehicles were found, the sheriff said.

The agency also has been receiving tips and references to missing persons, but so far, none of the missing person reports have matched the victim, Steward said.

The sheriff’s office also has reached out to agencies in Montana, the FBI, Interpol and the U.S. Border Patrol.

-----

Seems that the investigation has cast a wider net now to find out who he is.

Watching the video again FigTree I think this might be the body covered by a white sheet?. It appears to me to be close to the junction of Little Sand Coulee Road Rd and HW 294 looking at the background etc but I could be wrong. It seems to be in close proximity to the LE truck showing at the beginning of the video though. imo

2nsv1uf.jpg

Screen shot from video at below link.

Ah yes, a good possibility enzeder - I never noticed the sheet/cover - is it plastic? :)

If so, its very close to the Highway, and very exposed.
I wonder if the UID may have been in the back of a truck and was pushed out onto the road - as the body doesn't seem to be all that concealed - unless the UID was wrapped in the cloth/sheet/plastic?

Is that 2 bricks/rocks holding the white cover down?

I didn't notice but now that you mention it FigTree they could be bricks holding the cover down. Sorry the screen shot isn't very clear but the camera was panning around that particular area quite quickly.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back