Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hugely distressed after listening to RC's last two sermons. In particular, I listened to the messages:

Putting on Truth part 1 Air Date 6.7.09
Putting on Truth part 2 Air Date 6.14.09

After spending hours of note taking and consideration, after writing several very thoughtful pages detailing info (which I have decided not to post, people don't like long posts), I am just going to say that I believe RC knows that his son murdered Sheri and the children and that he thinks CC has asked forgiveness, and wants everyone to now "leave it alone" (his words).

You have to listen to the above sermons to hear what I am talking about.

In a nutshell, it is as if RC is saying, "Leave him alone, he privately asked for forgiveness." There is much more to that which is "heard" in those sermons, there is some very deep error...deception.

I listened to all I could until it became so shrill, and so much clanging in my ears... but agree that, for someone who insists he understands it's enough to be alright w God, this pastor sounds awfully defensive. Which seems consistent with a home in which emphasis has been placed upon image and appearances tho, which may as I said have contributed to the festering resentment and contempt buried beneath his son's calm, controlled exterior.

:parrot:

... We can "find" whatever we want to if we're suspicious enough. :rolleyes:

The "belt of truth" .... perhaps a study of the "belt of truth" would eradicate all those pesky suspicions and faulty interpretations.

There is no deception or error, only for those suspicious enough and blood-thirsty enough to imagine them. ...

As mentioned, hearing what "I" heard was greatly distressing, and as far as I'm concerned there were "little foxes" throughout the sermons. I feel sure RC didn't realize it, IMO he has some delusions, but I heard those contradictions and delusions. Further, I heard far deeper problems and deception. Unfortunately, we don't always know when we are deceived, I don't think he is aware that he is. While he is, he has a church full of people who want to look up to him as pastor/teacher, and the deception is hitting them too, they are all being defiled by the deception. That is what makes this so distressing, amongst other things. While RC talks about this belt of truth, I believe he is saying "ignore the truth where it deals with me and mine." There is written truth (Word), there is also truth around us -- as in TOD and all of the other facts.

As a note... It is nitpicking, and wasn't my concern when listening (there were far more concerning things), but since you brought it up, the "belt of truth" makes for catchy sermon words (speakers must use these), but the scripture referred to is "having your loins girt about with truth." The loins are not at the waist where you wear a belt, they are at the "loin" (near the generative organs). Thus, IMO, the more correct analogy/interpretation would be "girdle of truth." IMO, the analogy of putting a belt around the waist so that you can hang a sword from it or hold your pants up (as he quipped) is flawed and, maybe, a little fox. The analogy, IMO, is "girdling" and you can see loin girdling in suits of armor (which may be "mail" extending to cover the hips/loin) and in football attire -- this is not a belt at the waist.

Point one: he states, "your concern is not about the person next to you"

Check out Genesis 4: 9-11 Am I my brother's keeper. Check out 1st John 5:16, which talks about asking (and may or may not be applicable, but is worthy of consideration) sometimes "seeing" is not seeing the whole thing with your eyes, but with the understanding (as in "son how did you injure your arm," as in learning the time frame of death and "the story.") Oh, we do have a concern about the person next to us in many cases - we must or we are unwise. In fact, he points out repeatedly someone not coming to "church" that day because they are mowing their lawn, isn't that the "person next to" us and just how important is that when there are numerous church services to attend? He points out, "those cheating on taxes, better correct that, those who are gossiping, your going to have to correct that."

I am gobsmacked by the bait/switch tactics used, the error and the deception. Where is this pastor, father-in-law, grandfather's concern about "the murderer" on the loose and correcting that? OH, but just maybe he doesn't think that the murderer is on the loose, but knows that they have already been jailed?

In my estimation, RC has contradicted himself within his sermon, unless it is only he who can take note of the "next person." I see this somewhat like straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel (Matthew 23:24).

Point two: he says something like, "the enemy wants to take the things that are wrong to feed your mind... your wife said this, your wife said that, you can't even entertain those for a moment or it will take you or convince you."

Accordingly, the enemy is the father of lies, it is the lie that he wants to feed your mind -- not the "wrong" -- which is a contortion of the truth and a problematic statement (a little fox). A "wrong" is one thing, a "lie" is another. Thus, you do not shy from entertaining to learn the truth, you do so by exposing the lie, defeating it with truth. You approach your wife to learn what she says and if her story conflicts with the person who said something -- you do what you can to sort it out, bring them together if need be. Expose the lie AND expose the "spin" (which he talks about.) Sadly, there have been opportunities for RC to expose the truth, the lie, the spin and that has not been undertaken. Not exposing the "spin" is a spin within itself. IF a wrong rears its head, we must deal with it and a "murder" is a very strong wrong that MUST be dealt with.

For someone who speaks of the "belt of truth" -- IMO, he is saying, "Bury your head in the sand, do not seek and expose the lie via exposing the truth."

He later says something like, "I have to believe in the truth, you better get squeaky clean in the truth, you better be a person of righteousness, you better be a person of integrity..."

Well, unfortunately and very sadly, I don't see squeaky clean in the truth or integrity here.

Point three: from my notes, he says,

>>word separates ... we've gone through a season where we have literally had to turn off the television ... because of the spin on everything. I don't need that. I know the truth. Why would I watch the news when I know it before they did, why would I watch the news.

Mentions a president asked if he watched the news, then quips about the president saying, "Why would I watch the news when I knew it before they do?"

I know what the truth is, why would I watch the news (said as if the president speaking). States something to the effect of "just between me and you anyway." The armor is for me and you individually.<<

The above is a MAJOR problem. He KNOWS the truth, he states it. Then he says, "just between me and you anyway." Oh no...no no no no no. This murder was a crime against all of society, this is not a "confess it to dad, then we let it go" and play a charade of "not guilty" in the courtroom -- to the further harm of all of society. And about that armor, it is to stand "for" righteousness, NOT against it.

Perhaps his "knowing the truth" is why he has done nothing to set up a reward fund to find the murderer?

As far as him saying that he told his pastor he feels like he is giving a black eye to the church and his pastor telling him "You stop it right there" (as if his pastor was saying, "Oh you are okay dude" -- and I would like to sit down and have a talk with "his" pastor.) Well, it was CC who ignited the black eye that was immediately evident, but there is more that may have come before in "setting CC up for his actions" (childhood training which was out of order, but CC had the opportunity to learn the truth) and there is more that is "continuing his actions" (his pleading not guilty, when guilt is obvious.) IMO, this has gone from giving the church a black eye to bludgeoning it (and this has ONLY begun, we haven't started with the trial yet) because there are specific members of "the church" within the Coleman family who actually refuse to look at the TRUTH, though attempting to teach about it, preferring deception, delusion and error. This is downright frightening and heartbreaking.

There are three beautiful bodies in the grave, their blood is calling out to God for justice. I hear NOTHING in the sermons deal with calling out for this justice, I hear all manner of "leave it alone" and "don't look at others" (yet with contradiction, grass mowing, sheesh) -- which to me, speaks volumes -- and that is volumes of error, delusion and deception. I am seriously concerned about RC and everyone in that church who sits under his teaching.

Code:
kiki the parrot Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrinkles  
I am hugely distressed after listening to RC's last two sermons. In particular, I listened to the messages:

After spending hours of note taking and consideration, after writing several very thoughtful pages detailing info (which I have decided not to post, people don't like long posts), I am just going to say that I believe RC knows that his son murdered Sheri and the children and that he thinks CC has asked forgiveness, and wants everyone to now "leave it alone" (his words).

In a nutshell, it is as if RC is saying, "Leave him alone, he privately asked for forgiveness." There is much more to that which is "heard" in those sermons, there is some very deep error...deception. 

I listened to all I could until it became so shrill, and so much clanging in my ears... but agree that, for someone who insists he understands it's enough to be alright w God, this pastor sounds awfully defensive. Which seems consistent with a home in which emphasis has been placed upon image and appearances tho, which may as I said have contributed to growing resentment and contempt buried beneath his son's calm, controlled exterior.

I've been listening to RC's sermons on Grace Church's website - last Sunday's and this Sunday's is about "truth". It has been a little interesting - I am probably reading between the lines, but I keep making my own inferences which may or may not be fair. Anyone want to listen and see if they see a message?

Code:
06-11-2009, 12:16 PM  
who knew?  
Registered User   Join Date: May 2009

RC states in the first (6-7) sermon that he's had to turn off the tv's - because of the spin put on things. "He knows the truth." 
I went back to listen again to make sure I understood the first time. So I guess I've answered my own question above - they really do think he's innocent.
RC is hard for me to listen to - his voice is not "trained". I'm not insulting him, just saying it bothers me.

I listened to those sermons a few days ago - I mentioned them because I wasn't sure if I was over-reading into them. I have since decided I was not - he either truly believes his son is innocent (which I highly doubt), or he is trying to keep his congregation marching in the CC/RC parade of thought.

JMO

Excellent post, Wrinkles!

You said what I have been trying to say, only you said it much, much better.

A question I had in one of the sermons was when he said "his pastor" - who exactly was he talking about? I thought RC was the pastor. This is a typical family who is so busy looking at the faults and sins of everyone else that they forget to look at their own. Again JMO.

Well, dang, Wrinkles, after that sermon I won't have to go to church tonite! :) And hello to all. I'm rendered speechless, which is amazing. Just flabbergasted at the whole business. I'll check in later. Love what y'all have to say!

Been 'lurking' awhile but I thought I would finally jump in. Maybe this was covered in some earlier posts, but even though CC was head of JM's PERSONAL security at JMM, he certainly couldn't be head of her computer securities (or numerous other securities that are involved in such a large organization). She would have to have a computer tech company keeping all her computers maintained and even watched for email that is off color, sensitive information or perhaps articles sent/received from various departments worldwide. That being said, is it possible that perhaps someone found 'evidence' in CC's computer of any of these 'threats, etc'. sooner and went to JM? Maybe she confronted him?

I just find it almost impossible to fathom that CC and TL had these trysts in various places and NO ONE from JMM saw or suspected anything. IMHO, I DO believe this was a premeditated murder, but I also agree with those who say SOMETHING or SOMEONE caused CC to rush things. I am a Christian and I am heartbroken at the deaths of these innocent children and their mother. I also believe the entitlement that CC saw surrounding him helped to lure him into various lusts. NO I'm not saying that JM had anything to do with what he did. BUT I do find it very hard to believe that once CC reported 'threats' to her, someone else didn't investigate further. You cannot even get into her large main office buildings without going through a secured gate.

overtheriver, thanks for chiming in and :Welcome-12-june:! All that you said is certainly reason to pause and ponder. You've made some excellent points.
I'm going to gracefully bow out of listening to anyone online. I work at a huge church as the sr. pastor's assistant, go to church on Sat. nites, various other sundry things and frankly, girl here does have a life outside the walls. Say like being here, for instance! :) But I sure do thank y'all for reporting on another's sermons. He that hath ears let him hear and all that!

Greetings All...

I listened and agree - I commented on this in post #32 on this thread. RC manipulates scripture (and the congregation) in an attempt to subvert the natural abhorrence his followers must feel, by chastising them with guilt & shame and commanding forgiveness (and a vow of silence) and never addressing the reality of the tragedy with repentance, humility or prayer for REAL PEOPLE who are in the middle of this tragedy. ... God will not be mocked.

"Manipulate" and "subvert" -- excellent choice of words. Yes, I had read what you and Who Knew had written and considered it in the earlier posts, and appreciate what you wrote above. I listened to the sermons as it was asked, i.e. what do others think? I thought it might be helpful to have another mind and set of ears on things, perhaps something could be found to "balance." Unfortunately, IMO, there was no balance to be found...

Who Knew, I think you wrote what you did very well, and put it into a nice clear, concise nutshell. After having listened, I reread what you wrote, it certainly seemed that we were discerning some of the same things, a number of us did.

I do feel, however, that RC "knows" that his son "did the crime." He may want to say "he is innocent" by virtue of some, "he asked for forgiveness, he is now innocent before God, now leave it alone" (which I feel like I hear him saying.) Committing murder, however, is not a "private" thing -- it is a sin against society, "Okay I murdered, I privately asked forgiveness, now let me be." In my estimation, forgiveness can be had -- but there is an ante'ing up (reconciliation to your brother/society, somewhat addressed in Matthew 5: 23, 24). You don't steel money or lives, ask for forgiveness, then spend the money you stole or take the freedom that you remain with, having stolen the freedom of others to live -- you make recompense. You give the money back or you give your life for society's judgment as to what should be done with it towards any type of reconciliation (sickeningly, you can NEVER bring back those lives that you took.)

Kiki, you wrote:
>>I listened to all I could until it became so shrill, and so much clanging in my ears...<<

Kiki, as always, I love your descriptive words. "Shrill" and "clang" were certainly appropriate IMO. I rode out both sermons, and had to do reruns consistently to take several pages of notes -- i.e. I was "studying." I was hoping to find something to reconcile numerous things that I was hearing. It didn't happen. Your "clang" reminded me of, "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become [as] sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal." CLANG CLANG CLANG... It was "charity" (agape/love) that was distinctly missing. I heard no charity for Sheri and the children, nothing ... I heard nothing about seeking the truth to bring justice for Sheri and the children, CLANG!

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone found out why the emergency vehicles were outside of RC's church last Sunday? Thank you!

Been 'lurking' awhile but I thought I would finally jump in. Maybe this was covered in some earlier posts, but even though CC was head of JM's PERSONAL security at JMM, he certainly couldn't be head of her computer securities (or numerous other securities that are involved in such a large organization). She would have to have a computer tech company keeping all her computers maintained and even watched for email that is off color, sensitive information or perhaps articles sent/received from various departments worldwide. That being said, is it possible that perhaps someone found 'evidence' in CC's computer of any of these 'threats, etc'. sooner and went to JM? Maybe she confronted him?

I just find it almost impossible to fathom that CC and TL had these trysts in various places and NO ONE from JMM saw or suspected anything. IMHO, I DO believe this was a premeditated murder, but I also agree with those who say SOMETHING or SOMEONE caused CC to rush things. I am a Christian and I am heartbroken at the deaths of these innocent children and their mother. I also believe the entitlement that CC saw surrounding him helped to lure him into various lusts. NO I'm not saying that JM had anything to do with what he did. BUT I do find it very hard to believe that once CC reported 'threats' to her, someone else didn't investigate further. You cannot even get into her large main office buildings without going through a secured gate.

I may have missed this but I was wondering Did anyone report the threats to JM? I'm thinking he wouldn't, just in case they investigated. He may have told the police he did report it so they wouldn't report it to JMM.

Greetings OverTheRiver,

Welcome to WS. You join a number of us in being heartbroken.

You wrote:
>>Maybe this was covered in some earlier posts, but even though CC was head of JM's PERSONAL security at JMM, he certainly couldn't be head of her computer securities (or numerous other securities that are involved in such a large organization).<<

Interesting question, was he really head of her "personal" security -- or all security? You know...I have heard that since this began (i.e. head of security), but for some reason, today, knowing what we do, it just seems so insane that he was head of anything, much less another person's security -- so I question. Chris Hayes notes that he was head of security. Also this article notes that he was head of security.

You ask a good question... What was the "security" umbrella, who was the main head, what were all of the security departments, and ... who oversaw internet security? Did CC oversee everyone doing anything towards security? If so, were those heading underling departments having to cow tow to certain things CC wanted or did not want, without understanding why?

Good questions...

Hello McDraw,

I may have missed this but I was wondering Did anyone report the threats to JM? I'm thinking he wouldn't, just in case they investigated. He may have told the police he did report it so they wouldn't report it to JMM.

Evidently these were reported at some point in time and CC gave them a list of those who he thought could be responsible for the threats.

Hello Daisy, good to see you...

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone found out why the emergency vehicles were outside of RC's church last Sunday? Thank you!

I believe that we had a report of ER vehicles outside "Destiny" church (where Sheri and the children went in St. Louis, I believe), not "Grace" (RC's church, in Chester) and, I believe, this was on the day of the prelim, the 10th.

Do you know of ER vehicles outside of Grace (RC's church) last Sunday and we missed that (I don't recall hearing that.)

Either way, I do not recall anyone saying what the ER vehicles ended up to be about at Destiny -- and again I didn't hear of any at Grace. These two churches are two distinctly different entities, separated by numerous miles.

Code:
kiki the parrot Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrinkles  

I listened to all I could until it became so shrill, and so much clanging in my ears... but agree that, for someone who insists he understands it's enough to be alright w God, this pastor sounds awfully defensive. Which seems consistent with a home in which emphasis has been placed upon image and appearances tho, which may as I said have contributed to growing resentment and contempt buried beneath his son's calm, controlled exterior.

Code:
06-11-2009, 12:16 PM  
who knew?  
Registered User   Join Date: May 2009

RC states in the first (6-7) sermon that he's had to turn off the tv's - because of the spin put on things. "He knows the truth." 
I went back to listen again to make sure I understood the first time. So I guess I've answered my own question above - they really do think he's innocent.
RC is hard for me to listen to - his voice is not "trained". I'm not insulting him, just saying it bothers me.

I listened to those sermons a few days ago - I mentioned them because I wasn't sure if I was over-reading into them. I have since decided I was not - he either truly believes his son is innocent (which I highly doubt), or he is trying to keep his congregation marching in the CC/RC parade of thought.

JMO

I believe RC deep deep down does know what Chris has done. I believe he's preaching to convince himself that Chris is innocent. It may appear it's for the congregation and he may even think it is. But I believe it's for him and his family because they know the evidence isn't agreeing with what Chris has said.JMO As parents we think if we do everything right, our kids will turn out ok. But everyone has choices and it's up to each individual what choices they choose to make. I believe when Rc can handle it, his brain will let him accept what Chris has done. Until then he is going to keep preaching on CC's innocence until he accepts other wise.JMO

Another very simple point that has been missed! Thank you, MCDRAW!!! If there were threats being made to JM and ministry, did CC alert her as soon as they began? How long did CC wait? After all, he was security....

I just find it almost impossible to fathom that CC and TL had these trysts in various places and NO ONE from JMM saw or suspected anything.

Snipped for space.

Maybe he had done such a good job at covering his tracks with the affair that he thought he could get away with anything? :confused: :eek:

The thing that has me wondering, did he kill the kids so he could be totally free or did he kill them to make the crime more believable? :mad:

The whole thing makes my stomach churn!

Another very simple point that has been missed! Thank you, MCDRAW!!! If there were threats being made to JM and ministry, did CC alert her as soon as they began? How long did CC wait? After all, he was security....

JMM has a head of security, Mike Cole. Coleman was JM's personal bodyguard and traveled with her in that capacity.
=============
Mike Cole, an employee of Joyce Meyer Ministries, in April "provided a list of names as well as photos of people that have threatened Coleman and other Joyce Meyer Ministries employees and who Coleman stated he believed could be responsible for the threats" the Coleman family had received.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...yer&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a
===============
Mike Cole (Security Manager &#8211; Joyce Meyer Ministries)

http://www.redcrossstl.org/Press/tabid/58/ctl/ViewItem/mid/794/ItemId/2372/Default.aspx

I found this on JMM's website, sorry if it had been posted before. Just found it interesting. I wonder when she wrote it, probably before May 5th, but still interesting.

http://www.joycemeyer.org/OurMinistries/EverydayAnswers/Articles/art43.htm

I am sure this must have been said before, but if his family thinks he is not guilty, shouldn't they be outraged at LE for not continuing to look for the real murderer?

I believe JMM discredits itself every day that there is not a front page statement about this act of PURE EVIL that has taken place under their very nose. The fact hat it happened under "their nose" does not make them guilty in any way!!!! The fact that they do not acknowledge the fact that the presence of evil that is in this world has crept into "their world" is a testimony of their inability to deal with the problems of the people they reach out to.....and take money from. MOO....

Snipped for space.

Maybe he had done such a good job at covering his tracks with the affair that he thought he could get away with anything? :confused: :eek:

The thing that has me wondering, did he kill the kids so he could be totally free or did he kill them to make the crime more believable? :mad:

The whole thing makes my stomach churn!

I have wondered if he killed the children first, then making SC see them dead, perhaps thats why he did the spraypainting on the sheet, it was for her to see. I just feel that he wanted to inflict as much pain as possible on her.
If he'd wanted to have an affair, there would be many other women he could have looked for, why her friend?
Why leave her naked and so exposed to be found? It just seems everything was done over the top.
If they were in councelling, can the therapist release information in regards to why they were there?

VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member