GUILTY NY - Marc Bookal, 4, Newburgh, 14 Dec 2009

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091215/NEWS/912159985/-1/NEWS
City police have charged the boyfriend of a missing 4-year-old boy's mother in connection with the disappearance.
Cory Byrd, 30, who lives at the same Benkard Avenue residence as the mother and child, was charged with endangering the welfare of a child, a misdemeanor.
City police Sgt. Paul Weber said Byrd was in charge of the child when he disappeared

he has also been charged with violating his parole!

I'm trying to locate the article that erick357 claims was written back in 1999 about another child (must be Marc's older sibling) that also was abused by this guy but not having any luck yet.

http://www.midhudsonnews.com/News/2009/December09/15/Bookal_missing2-15Dec09.htm

This article has been updated to reflect the boyfriend's arrest. Also says he lived in the apartment with mom and Marc.

Take it as you will but this morning's article from pojonews has been updated as well and there a many comments. And the comments don't have much good to say about Cory.....Specifically a poster called erick357

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/...ssing-Newburgh-boy--charge-mother-s-boyfriend

Just as we all suspected.
Marc has been injured before, by someone
who has caused serious injury to another child.

I pray that Marc is found safe.

The sidewalks are cracked.
But a lot of the cars look like newer cars.

I am glad to see so many police out looking
and the public out putting up posters.

No search dogs?

Not that I see as of yet. I get off work at 4:30. I am going to try to get my husband to head down that way to see if there's anything we can do to help. It's a very scary part of town, especially at night so I don't know how willing he would be to go there :(

This poor little guy had no chance with that monster in the home. The mom KNOWS!
I hope she is charged too.

I pray they are searching dumpsters and rooftops.

Not that I see as of yet. I get off work at 4:30. I am going to try to get my husband to head down that way to see if there's anything we can do to help. It's a very scary part of town, especially at night so I don't know how willing he would be to go there :(

Please be careful if you do go. Especially after dark.

Nancy Grace just posted about this on Facebook. Hopefully with all the attention this little boy will be found safe and sound (Crossing fingers)

Please be careful if you do go. Especially after dark.

I want to go because I really want this angel to be found, but this is such a high drug area that I am afraid of what people in the area will think of "outsiders" coming in. I want to at least drive by and make sure there is still police activity going to to make sure this angel is being searched for.

OMG!! that article made me ill. this monster should not be walking the streets for what he did to this child. now here we are with a missing child. This guy learned from his mistakes last time and did away with the child instead of taking him for help.

I'm so sick of these stories all these parents who knowingly leave their child in an unsafe enviroment need to be charged. Even if their child dies they need to be charged!! Something has got to make this STOP!!

I have no sympathy for anyone except the poor children left in the hands of monsters.

I want to go because I really want this angel to be found, but this is such a high drug area that I am afraid of what people in the area will think of "outsiders" coming in. I want to at least drive by and make sure there is still police activity going to to make sure this angel is being searched for.
I'm thinking the same thing about safety at night but might at least drive over and see if they are organizing some teams to search - won't go wander around by myself!

I'm thinking the same thing about safety at night but might at least drive over and see if they are organizing some teams to search - won't go wander around by myself!

I agree.. I will not wander around by myself unless I see there is a very large number of police.

I can't believe this happened so close to home :(

Anyone who decides to go over to search, you should definitely check in with local LE. And, don't go alone. Be safe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back