UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't thinkshe saw it coming either! Honestly I think when finally realized it she was under the train! and it was far too late. She was too wrapped up in her romantic fantasy to see that she had already sold her soul to the devil (so to speak) and there was no turning back. Too bad for her. If she had been the mother her child deserved she waoulod ahce waited on a new romance until AFTER Etan was 18. This was HER time to be a mom! not a love sick teenager!

You know how I feel about the system, but as far as I know she didn't have a criminal record and there were no allegations of violence or abuse against her.
There needs to be evidence presented in order for a judge to order a thorough check in a custody case.
My understanding is that Dad didn't contest the visitation on the most recent filing.
As far as I know, this isn't a case where there were allegations of abuse. Maybe dad didn't have a lawyer ? Honestly, I don't think the case was presented well in court and a judge rules on the evidence he/she has.
I'm not trying to place blame on anyone, family court attorneys are very expensive and many parents don't know what they're getting into. You have to file the right motions/ petitions and ask for what you want along with evidence/documentation as to why and on what legal basis you should get it.
While she might have been a crappy parent, I don't think anybody saw this coming.

BBM. I have to disagree on this statement.- at least where it related outside of family court. Stephanie saw this coming. I don't know if you saw theknot wedding site with comments about the love both of these nauseating 's wrote about each other. Stephanie commented several times about not 'provoking' his bad boy side. Her use of the word 'provoke' numerous times indicated to me she knew NOT to provoke him and what provoking him might entail.

Yet, she still decided to bring her child into this horrendous environment. A child who clearly provoked Nathan by normal childhood behavior.

If I say more I will need to time myself out, so I'll leave it at that.

BBM. I have to disagree on this statement.- at least where it related outside of family court. Stephanie saw this coming. I don't know if you saw theknot wedding site with comments about the love both of these nauseating 's wrote about each other. Stephanie commented several times about not 'provoking' his bad boy side. Her use of the word 'provoke' numerous times indicated to me she knew NOT to provoke him and what provoking him might entail.

Yet, she still decided to bring her child into this horrendous environment. A child who clearly provoked Nathan by normal childhood behavior.

I think She knew better... but I'm not sure she realized her child would invoke the evil man that she knew exsisted... MOO... she prob thought NS would be enamored by Ethan just because he was her child... WRONG ANSWER!

i think neglect and abandonment should be looked upon as abuse allegations.

i just cant believe she fights to get visitation then lets her boyfriend/fiance/husband murder him and then abuse his corpse.

I should have been more specific. I don't think the dad or family court judge could have seen this coming. SS absolutely knew what NS was capable of.
I don't think Dad thought SS could be capable of something like this.

i think neglect and abandonment should be looked upon as abuse allegations.

i just cant believe she fights to get visitation then lets her boyfriend/fiance/husband murder him and then abuse his corpse.

You're right, but there was no hotline call or investigation. All I've seen so far were a couple of vague accusations by Dad that she'd abandoned him and was unstable. Anybody can say this. I reserve the right to change my mind should other records come out showing the dad did describe the abandonment and instability.

I don't thinkshe saw it coming either! Honestly I think when finally realized it she was under the train! and it was far too late. She was too wrapped up in her romantic fantasy to see that she had already sold her soul to the devil (so to speak) and there was no turning back. Too bad for her. If she had been the mother her child deserved she waoulod ahce waited on a new romance until AFTER Etan was 18. This was HER time to be a mom! not a love sick teenager!

Yep I agree....I dont think this was planned...

Just a bad case of two very selfish people who got together ........Like I said before.....Ethan would have probably annoyed him and invaded their love nest and I just dont think she had enough of the motherly instinct needed......ended up in disaster....

Even though she abandoned Ethan approx 8 months ago she still was his mother for 3 years.....that is a long time and there is a lot of work involved in being a mother and alot of time spent with that child, and there were no abuse issues reported.......

She did however put herself before her child.....alot of find that very hard to understand but the more I am reading stories on here and in magazines and meeting people etcetc......the more I am beleive that it is a big disease in modern society.......I personally beleive she herself was one of the "hard" children I have talked about.........i bet you'll find her mum probably jumped from man to man and she was dragged along as well....

Him I think was a mummys boy

"Just a bad case of two very selfish people who got together ........Like I said before.....Ethan would have probably annoyed him and invaded their love nest and I just dont think she had enough of the motherly instinct needed......ended up in disaster...." ReV, I totally agree with this.
I also think drugs are involved in this relationship. I think they were getting high (probably on meth) during that week. They did not seem to have any plans for the child's visit, nor does it seem like they are gainfully employed. So how did they support themselves? Folks on drugs do not exactly show maternal instincts and make parenting a priority.
Drugs of that type tend to make a person violent and paranoid, not go much out of the house, and a child would be VERY irritating.
I do not think this was planned, but once little Ethan was badly beaten, there was no turning back.
He probably expired sometime on Sat evening. The two sat there, may have been getting high (thus being up all night, going to the "store" at 5 AM, then having to go to sleep, etc).
I may be wrong here, but dude does have a drug history. People who are using have truly bizarre and deadly behavior.
I am glad precious Ethan is now happily playing in heaven.

"Just a bad case of two very selfish people who got together ........Like I said before.....Ethan would have probably annoyed him and invaded their love nest and I just dont think she had enough of the motherly instinct needed......ended up in disaster...." ReV, I totally agree with this.
I also think drugs are involved in this relationship. I think they were getting high (probably on meth) during that week. They did not seem to have any plans for the child's visit, nor does it seem like they are gainfully employed. So how did they support themselves? Folks on drugs do not exactly show maternal instincts and make parenting a priority.
Drugs of that type tend to make a person violent and paranoid, not go much out of the house, and a child would be VERY irritating.
I do not think this was planned, but once little Ethan was badly beaten, there was no turning back.
He probably expired sometime on Sat evening. The two sat there, may have been getting high (thus being up all night, going to the "store" at 5 AM, then having to go to sleep, etc).
I may be wrong here, but dude does have a drug history. People who are using have truly bizarre and deadly behavior.

I am glad precious Ethan is now happily playing in heaven.
I agree 100%...... I absolutely agree that both were probably spun hard on Meth. I have thought this from the beginning, for the very reasons you stated.
Also, look at how much skinnier SS is at her court appearance. Check out her jawline.

I hope these two were drug tested at time of arrest, but I doubt they were- that seldom happens, but it should.

If they were smoking it, little Ethan may have breathed in/ absorbed some of the Meth, and it will hopefully show up at autopsy.

I completely agree, Cubby, not only because her references to provoking his bad boy show she knew the man she was dealing with, but because she also knows herself, and what the perfect storm of combining her, him, and a 4 year old in a home for 10 days was likely to result in.

She may not have consciously thought it would end in Ethan's death, but she knew there was a chance it would result in abuse of Ethan. Responsible adults don't take chances like that with children, because they know children are defenseless, they are human beings with a right to freedom from harm, and that they have a moral obligation to protect children. Because children are the defenseless ones, responsible adults put their safety and well-being first.

Community gathers to mourn Ethan Stacy
May 15th, 2010 @ 10:15pm

Saturday evening, strangers came together to remember the little boy whose life was so cruelly stolen from him.

It was a very emotional night as parents, children, neighbors and other members of the community gathered at a vigil in honor of Ethan at the Layton Meadows apartment complex at 540 W. 1425 North where he spent his final days. Many of those in attendance said they still can't quite wrap their heads around what happened.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10791003

Thousands mourn Ethan Stacy's death
Updated: 05/15/2010 11:03:00 PM MDT

Several days after Ethan's death, strangers continue to pay their respects at a memorial a few feet from the apartment where he died.

They have left candles, flowers and handwritten letters along with dozens of stuffed animals and balloons. An elementary school group signed two large posters and pasted them next to pictures of the blond, bespectacled little boy.

There are kites and water guns with the image of his favorite superhero, Spider-Man, and notes to Ethan's father, Joe Stacy, who lives in Virginia.

Hundreds gathered at the site Saturday night for a candlelight memorial.

Many mourners said they have never been so affected by a news story.

http://www.sltrib.com/D=g/ci_15094513

BBM

ITA with everything except what I bolded. There are ways to be in a relationship when you are a single parent and still protect your child (IE not leaving them alone with your child until several YEARS of being with the person). Some moms just decide to become lovesick and ignore responsibility. MOO

I know, because I had a 1 year old when I met my now DF and she is 4 now-- I just started to leave her alone with him for short periods of time. Nothing against him and I do completely trust him... Just precautionary for my own peace of mind.

on NS probable cause affidavit in paragraph 4 on pg 3 it states... "In a photo with a time date stamp of May 4, 2010, Ethan has a large, and very noticiable area of swelling to the jaw and face."

Did anyone pay attention to what gngr snap said? No one responded to this post and I think it's important. So in NS's affidavit the date of the bruised jaw was MAY 4. NS's mom was there MAY 5. Not sure how she possibly missed seeing Ethan like this. She could have stopped this but didn't.

SS did not love Ethan she used him as a tool to get back at her ex and hurt him while making sure she had financial gain to boot.

She would fight for custody unless he gave her half of his settlement ? And I believe she was recieving child support even though dad had custody ?

Ethans dad loved him so much he was willing to give that up to have Ethan the majority of the time and to protect him from her. .... She reminds me of my ex and that is just what he did, used my son to hurt me, he did not care one eye-oda about my son just wanted to make my life extremly miserable and emotionally abuse my son to boot....

There are some people out there that are horrible horrible people, they want nothing better to do but hurt others ... I call them vampires, they just suck your soul right out you and when there done they move on to their next victim.
This of course is moo......

If SS cared for Ethan she would have told NS mom, took him to seek medical care something ... I cant remember which case it was just recently where a mother threw herself on top of her child so the BF would stop beating him, everytime he pulled her off she would manage to cover him again all the while being beat herself and being on drugs. Unfortunatley the boy died she was found knocked out I believe next to him but she TRIED to save him even on drugs !

I know that Ethan is in a beautiful place right now looking down trying to help his dad cope among others but I know he would have been a much happier boy to be here on earth with his father .....

Hi Calliope, I know we are all heated and emotional over this tragedy which occured to Ethan, but I would like to point someting out to not only you, but the group in general. (so everyone knows who I am speaking to.)

Right now NS's mothers is NOT a poi, nor is she a suspect. I think we need to keep the discussion on here comments to LE regarding seeing Ethan and everything being 'hunky dory' in check here, by that I mean, the possibilities according to the law.

NS's mom is NOT a mandatory reporter, and it is my understanding it is not against any law, at least not here in Illinois to not report a crime. I know that because I just finished my towns 12 week citizens police academy course. So it is my opinion and understanding, there would be NO crime for her not reporting abuse. We have a MORAL obligation to report crime, but there is no LEGAL obligation in some cases.

What may be a crime on her part is knowlingly giving LE false information regarding injuries she saw on Ethan to interfer with LE's investigation in the case. Time will tell if NS's mother is guilty of providing false information to LE to interfer with the investigation.

Thanks everyone!

Cubby
Hey cubby :)

I appreciate what you're saying. just getting back to the thread this morning. A little ways down from my post that you quote here, a link was provided to Utah law that requires anyone to report suspected child abuse, not just mandated reporters. IMO, she got carried away in the interview; she was talking about how good and kind NS and SS are, and then said she'd seen the three of them on the 5th (Wednesday) and they were happy and ok... IF she really did see him on that day, he was clearly battered. I certainly want SS and NS to be held guilty for Ethan's murder, but if she truly did see him on the 5th, she needs to be charged, and there is a specific law that applies here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb