Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this table IS from the courtyard.

The "table with a broken leg" that was under the balcony.

I read RUMOR somewhere in a comment on an article, or on a board, that a person had seen the police take that table from the house and then they photgraphed it outside, they wrote such in a comment on the article or forum (Justice***, maybe?), can't recall where; I've been roaming ;) Could it have been on the upper balcony? I do not put much faith in rumors, but they can be good starting points for sleuthing, imo.

I'm not saying it's true, Quester...I'm just saying it's a claim I've seen posted.

Looks like the tabloids will be taking the lead on ferreting out details on this one. National and local media have taken a big snooze. No new articles over the whole weekend. It appears the San Diego media has been instructed to stand down on this very hot story on their own doorstep. Surely there is more background on the central players to be uncovered if one were to ask around. And not one peep from anyone at the hospital? Even the neighbors seem to have shut themselves in and taken cover. At least it appears this way with the news blackout. So, it'll be left to the National Enquirers and such to get something out there while the SDSD patiently gets their ducks in a row. The Union Tribune seems to be one of the softest "hard news" establishments around. Although, maybe that's just laid back 'Cali style'. Lots of good cooking recipes in that rag though!

The thing about San Diego -- government, LE, newspapers, etc. -- it's all sort of like a huge Chamber of Commerce.

The thing about San Diego -- government, LE, newspapers, etc. -- it's all sort of like a huge Chamber of Commerce.

And it seems many have an interest in this story just going away....imo.

ETA an after thought: the elite PR comapny Shacknai hired....I wonder how often big PR companies throw a tidbit to media on a certain client to a publicaton so they will shhhush up about another client? Seems to me since that PR company was hired, about 3 days ago, all is so quiet.

I read RUMOR somewhere in a comment on an article, or on a board, that a person had seen the police take that table from the house and then they photgraphed it outside, they wrote such in a comment on the article or forum (Justice***, maybe?), can't recall where; I've been roaming ;) Could it have been on the upper balcony? I do not put much faith in rumors, but they can be good starting points for sleuthing, imo.

I'm not saying it's true, Quester...I'm just saying it's a claim I've seen posted.

There was another table seen being carried from or to the property. It was a white, rectangular table. (see image #8 at link below)

Looked like a work table brought in by responders to help process the scene.

Could your referenced poster have confused the two tables?

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/photo_gallery/kswb-photos-nude-woman-found-dead-at-mansion-20110715,0,6503880.photogallery

ETA: I may have misread your post. The round table was taken from the property as evidence. The round table was from the courtyard in the backyard where the body was found.

Quester, I don't throw tomatoes. Now I agree with your post, this is what could have happened. However, no way in he// will I believe she committed sucide in that manner. She was a very attractive woman, and I'm sure if she decided to do this she would not want her ex-lover to find her in such a grotesque manner. Pills would be my answer, never demeaning her looks.

Now take that darn raincoat off!! :crazy:

And who appears to have taken a great care of the way she looked and dressed based on her photos. And yet if she committed suicide, she was outside completely naked (most naked suicides occur indoors), and for whatever reason supposedly used extension cord to tie her arms and legs. Why cord? Surely if to prevent from grabbing a rope, a belt would suffice.
I just find it very hard to understand why a young woman would supposedly commit a suicide in such manner.

ETA an after thought: the elite PR comapny Shacknai hired....I wonder how often big PR companies throw a tidbit to media on a certain client to a publicaton so they will shhhush up about another client? Seems to me since that PR company was hired, about 3 days ago, all is so quiet.

BBM - a la Gov. Arnold and his philandering / lovechild

Yes, agreed - the silence is deafening and very suspicious! IMO

There was another table seen being carried from or to the property. It was a white, rectangular table. (see image #8 at link below)

Could your referenced poster have confused the two tables?

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/photo_gallery/kswb-photos-nude-woman-found-dead-at-mansion-20110715,0,6503880.photogallery

ETA: I may have misread your post. The round table was taken from the property as evidence. The round table was from the courtyard in the backyard where the body was found.

BBM
Picture # 8; they are carrying a white work table.......they do not have on gloves.......good catch!!

The Mayor seems clearly tied in with the PR firm. The one guy who seemed to speak out of school from LE, Carlson the retired detective, has likely also been told to clam up. Sure, patience is in order while hard fact is determined, but there's lots of fascinating background that could emerge, and eventually will emerge. As another poster mentioned, there hasn't even been an obit on Rebecca Nalepa.

And the lack of any condolence or anything from JS on his companion of 3 years' either murder or suicide kind of stinks. The only strategy I can see is that Team Shacknai is preparing to absolutely slam and blame Nalepa for all of this. thus, it would make some sense that Shacknai has nothing nice or sympathetic to say about her.

Could your referenced poster have confused the two tables?http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/photo_gallery/kswb-photos-nude-woman-found-dead-at-mansion-20110715,0,6503880.photogallery

RBBM

S/he just may have confused the two...just throwing it out there, Quester. You know how it is...you never know what may end up being relevant or not...

No one wants to be involved in a civil lawsuit, the one that is coming around the corner,
especially the neighbors.
Loyalty will remain with the money, the Shacknai family. I don't think anyone will care about RN, except her family.
It's just like no camera on site, un huh sure. Maybe not inside, but outside, not biting.
The doors have been slammed shut.

IMO

BBM

Loud music - suicide/RN - murder/the perp - time given was I think around 1 am......some think it was to cover-up sound of murder

Phone call from sister - could have been earlier if you go with time in CA

Also, does look like they are carrying a painting.......

Also, carried the 3-legged table.....

Definitely, time for another clue....this is frustrating because with info we have can be either suicide or homicide....:banghead::banghead:

Given we are pretty sure there was loud music at 1 am (and not when Rebecca was found... what is the explanation that it was Rebecca (given she committed suicide)? My point is that it seems less likely she had on loud music for a while, turned it off, then committed suicide. She may have had music on loud, but I doubt it. I did see somewhere that LE is checking to see who else could have been in the house the night before.

Additionally, I said this earlier but it may have been missed by many. A poster on another forum had claimed that table under the balcony was put there at some point by LE and that it was not there originally. I think the poster said that given some footage she saw on the news. So, perhaps that table wasn't where we are all thinking it was - I can't valid this or provide a link, sorry, just thought I would pass it on.

The Mayor seems clearly tied in with the PR firm. The one guy who seemed to speak out of school from LE, Carlson the retired detective, has likely also been told to clam up. Sure, patience is in order while hard fact is determined, but there's lots of fascinating background that could emerge, and eventually will emerge. As another poster mentioned, there hasn't even been an obit on Rebecca Nalepa.

And the lack of any condolence or anything from JS on his companion of 3 years' either murder or suicide kind of stinks. The only strategy I can see is that Team Shacknai is preparing to absolutely slam and blame Nalepa for all of this. thus, it would make some sense that Shacknai has nothing nice or sympathetic to say about her.

RBBM

Agreed. They wouldn't want flowery, complementary statements from Team Shacknai (may I suggest, let's pick that term up here, I like it, it fits, imo, HIGH powered Team) or Jonah about Rebecca out there now to be used against them later...

THIS makes me even more sure they are in defense mode and rounding the wagons...this smells.

Oops... hadn't read far enough. I just posted about this again.

SunnieRN

I recently lost a co-worker. The cause of death, suicide, supposedly. I don't buy it in my friends case and I don't buy it in this one.

Yes, people can snap. People can have physical, emotional, psychotic episodes and these can lead to suicide. But, and this is a big BUT, there is often and usually, some indication of a problem.

When you have indications that someone is coping with life, they are living their lives in a manner that is normal for them, it is often, yep, even usually a good indication that they are rational. Rationality often causes people considering suicide to get help. Not always, of course, but often.

Rebeccas sister stating that she was fine, a few hours before this happened, then reports of loud music, tells me that someone wanted to do something at the house, without being heard. I do not in any way, shape or form, feel that this was a deliberate act, by Rebecca, to end her own life.

I could be entirely wrong, but it's a gut feeling. This one gives me the creeps and I really feel like someone is getting away with murder so far.

As for LE being tight lipped, I say it is a good thing! This case doesn't need to be played out in the public. We've seen what happens too often, when a case becomes a public spectacle.

Good post Sunnie. I've had two suicides in my family. One, was before I was born, but the other we definitely knew my uncle had problems. He shot himself. No one had any questions about it. The other remains somewhat of a mystery. My partner's brother supposedly committed suicide, by my partner doesn't believe it was suicide. He found him in his house, but they never found the bullet that killed him. Still, it was ruled a suicide.

I agree with you that people who commit suicide almost always have some problems that others know about and have been going on for a while. The literature on suicide support this also. I believe the journal article being cited on 'naked suicide' said 95% have some form of mental illness.

And who appears to have taken a great care of the way she looked and dressed based on her photos. And yet if she committed suicide, she was outside completely naked (most naked suicides occur indoors), and for whatever reason supposedly used extension cord to tie her arms and legs. Why cord? Surely if to prevent from grabbing a rope, a belt would suffice.
I just find it very hard to understand why a young woman would supposedly commit a suicide in such manner.

I agree, jjenny. Nice to see eye-to-eye with you on a case, it makes life much easier, lol; you are one smart cookie, imo. ;)

Not suicide. Not nude, not with electrical cord, imo. Orange, heavy gauge, electrical cord should be kept in the garage, imo...I keep getting stuck on that.

I wonder if she ever made it to the hospital and if not, why not, she reportedly said she boarded the dog to do so?

ETA: and if her reason for 'suicide' was guilt over Maxie, why make it look like a twisted, violent murder and cause more grief? Who makes their own suicide look violent? What's the percentage of women who like pain before they off themselves? Especially women accustomed to a softer lifestyle? ALL my own ramblings...take with salt, or don't take at all. ;)

"Large painting" - and it is very curious as to why they took it and what was on it.

I am wondering if it was a large portrait of Jonah and Rebecca or it could have been one of Jonah, Rebecca and all the children.

Maybe it was slashed with a knife or something. Or maybe Rebecca was cut out of the portrait.

IMO

Oops... hadn't read far enough. I just posted about this again.

LOL, good. You never know when something will be valid...and you never know when someone else may post as well. Better too much, than not enough, imo. Other posters help pick it apart...it works.

I see we hang out in some of the same 'neighbourhoods, eh? ;) Cool....I love the internet...you never know what you'll find...only problem is it takes hours and I've been short on time, lately...topix boards seem quiet, too. The hush is deafening.

Miss speculation here lol...I was thinking along the same theory as you Quester for a suicide. I also wondered if maybe in a moment of rage she had hit Maxi and he hit his head on something, but made it look like he had fallen downstairs. JS finds out from autopsy that no way would Max suffer the the head trauma from just falling downstairs. He calls her, she still denies, and he kicks her out. She is about to lose everything now, and possibly a manslaughter charge as well.

OMG, Just! [/B]] I had never thought of a scenario where Rebecca may have hurt Max in some way.[/B] If that did happen, as you suggested, and JS found out...well, just wow! I can seeing him coming home and killing her. And you're right, she divorced her husband, gave up her job, et al. She was also living the good life with JS in CA and AZ.

Still, I can't see this as a suicide. I'm going with murder at this point. :twocents:

If suicide, and RN was angry at JS for whatever reason, the following could help explain the outside, nude, dramatic display.

Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes
... snipped for space ...

Anger and vengeance can be expressed by completing suicide while naked, especially when it is intended to traumatize a survivor. The shock of discovering a naked suicide inflicts an indelible, traumatic memory that can haunt a survivor for a lifetime.12 The person who completes suicide while naked may intend to add insult to a suicide survivor's already devastating injury.

http://www.jaapl.org/cgi/content/full/36/2/240

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member