Conrad Murray trial -Day nineteen.

Most likely yes. And MJ would not be able to receive the Demerol intermittently as he did, since the half-life is 2.5 - 4 hours. I honestly believe that it is possible that Dr. Klein was giving him increasing amounts of Demerol without Michael's knowledge. I also noted that the amount of Demerol was reduced in the last visits (at least that is what it looked like on the graph and on the chart Dr. Waldman made. A Demerol addiction does not add up here for me.

The attorney for Dr. Klein said MJ NEVER asked to be given demerol. DK gave him the med he thought would work best.

I have said from the very beginning of hearing about the demerol that it is just another one of the many red herrings the DT has tried to use.

IMO

I'm probably too suspicious by nature but I see that as a hidden agenda there. Remember he has that contempt hearing looming over his head for his media comments and the "" nonsense. I think he is trying to gain favor with Judge Pastor to perhaps soften hearing outcome. I could be wrong but it just stinks to high heaven to me.

I think this has become personal to Dr. White. Dr. Shafer is not in competition with Dr. White but I do believe Dr. White believes he is in competition with DS.

This has become more about White trying to prove his POV than being a true professional.

IMO

I no more believe White completed this at 11 pm last night.

This is another way to sandbag the state.

They didnt want Walgren to have a chance to confer with DS.

Snakes.

IMOO

They're resorting to Baezian tactics, IMO.

I think this has become personal to Dr. White. Dr. Shafer is not in competition with Dr. White but I do believe Dr. White believes he is in competition with DS.

This has become more about White trying to prove his POV than being a true professional.

IMO

True dat. It couldn't have made him happy that even Flanagan was calling him Dr. Shafer!

This whole demerol thing mystifies me. I don't think the average person would think an addict would only get his "drug" every 5 or 10 days or so. And I still don't see the nexus between demerol and an overdose of propofol, other than it paints MJ as a drug fiend who would do anything for any drug. Murray was clearly on notice about MJ's visits to Klein before he killed MJ, and I think that recording from May 10 proves that (along with his statements about MJ visiting and calling Klein). And, again, it seems to me that made Murray leaving the room even more egregious.

As for White trying to minimize his "swallowing" propofol theory, he put that in his written report. I expect our boy Dave to beat White over the head with that one. He will argue that the rest of White's report shouldn't be trusted either.

I wish I knew more about the voir dire in this case and who these jurors really are and what their mindset coming in was.

They're resorting to Baezian tactics, IMO.

I would bet my next house payment that Shafer and Walgren were poring over those new charts last night. If, in fact, the court breaks early today, they will have even more time to decimate White on cross.

I would bet my next house payment that Shafer and Walgren were poring over those new charts last night. If, in fact, the court breaks early today, they will have even more time to decimate White on cross.

Am sure Dr. Shafer will run the program with his data and he will use the scientific method.

Any Benzodiazepine (Lorazepam, Midazolam, Diazepam, etc) given or taken in sufficient quantity will render a person unable to respond to stimuli, verbal, tactile, painful. It is not an analgesic (pain reliever), but it will depress the nervous system so that a person is unable to respond. At that point, probably need ventilatory assistance and reversal agent.

Dr. White should have prefaced his statement about this. Am sure Pt will bring it up.

I also noted how well prepped Dr. White was. He was sure making nicey-nicey about Dr. Shafer while dismissing his testing. That academic rivalry is totally at a major simmer right now.

I do hope Dr. Shafer makes a reappearance on rebuttal if Walgren need to go one step further. On the other hand, I hope he doesn't reappear as Walgren demolished White on the stand Monday.

I think it is imperative that Shafer is included in rebuttal, and I think Shafer would fight for it as well. I can just see him getting excited in his easy-ging manner, but his drive for "good medicine" if over-powering in him.

The direct would not have to be adversarial, just factual, and they, of course, will need to steer this now sneakily spun-out-of-control train back onto the "why we're here" track -- deviations of Standards of Care, and negligence, and subtly weave in CM's arrogance and greediness (he needed the money badly & knew the line he'd have to toe, so he exchanged his MD hat for his loyal employee hat).

Like we don't already know this!!!! But there it is. Again.

End of mini-rant...
..... :rant:

And Good Morning, folks!!:seeya:

I'm probably too suspicious by nature but I see that as a hidden agenda there. Remember he has that contempt hearing looming over his head for his media comments and the "" nonsense. I think he is trying to gain favor with Judge Pastor to perhaps soften hearing outcome. I could be wrong but it just stinks to high heaven to me.

Right-on, Sistah!

Your nose is working just fine, BTW.
icon10.gif

Good Sunday morning (or afternoon) to you!

((hug))

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie