Remains found in Big Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question:

Why was Sheriff Toombs and the DPS investigator on the case called to the scene if the remains can't be even gender identified? Was there other evidence (like maybe clothes or shoes) that would have facilitated that phone call to Sheriff Toombs and the investigator?

Sometimes actions speak so much louder than words.

How would he have accessed the area to bring her body in if it is fenced in with the barbed wire on top?

Wow, wow, wow. I've been waiting for a break in one of the cases I've been following, forever it seems, and maybe this is it.

While I don't wish for her to be deceased, I've already accepted that she most likely is. That being said, I hope it's her (not that I hope she's dead but you hopefully know what I mean). I want closure for those who loved her.

I'm right there with ya! It's heartbreaking yet it's time for some closure. I'll be glued to this thread waiting for news.

I wonder if he ever delivered equipment to this area. This is such an odd area for trying to hide a body in, imo. Those tanks look like they would draw attention to the area at some point.

Delivered to where oil rigs were drilling. Not drilling by the airport in Big Spring. JMO.

Does anyone who followed the SAR thread know how close to this area was actually searched, I wonder...

Also, what on earth does LE mean when they say "a long time" i.e. the remains have been there a long time...could it mean 15 months, or are we talking 15 years??

Areas over in Big Spring State Park , less than 2 miles to the E/NE were searched , umm, in the last couple of weeks

I imagine they mean long enough that the remains are no longer readily, visibly identifiable...hard to say, would be based on numerous factors...may Oriah or Sarx can provide more imput....

Lane Stone · 1,399 like this
5 minutes ago ·

We are working the story of remains found in Big Spring right now. Victor Sotelo has talked to one of the workers who discovered the body. Jessica Reyes is in contact with some of Hailey's family and will have their reaction. We'll also have reaction from the community in Colorado City. All tonight on KTAB News at 10.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=346381132074275&id=179782228734167

Dunn is a town by Colorado City, tx.

Yes, that is why I remembered the town started with a D. Seems like it even sounded similar to Dunn. That's why it stuck with me. I am listening to the radio show again to see if Billie tells us. That is where I thought I heard it.....Still listening.

Does anyone who followed the SAR thread know how close to this area was actually searched, I wonder...

Also, what on earth does LE mean when they say "a long time" i.e. the remains have been there a long time...could it mean 15 months, or are we talking 15 years??
Human remains were found in s wooded area of Gainesville, FL recently, and a LEO (might've been the sheriff) said they were very old. Turned out a mentally ill woman had died there just one year earlier. JMO, but I think after a certain amount of time, it's difficult to tell at a glance if remains are a year old or thirty.

I wonder if the clothing was still identifiable. Wasn't she supposedly wearing sweat pants and a t-shirt?

Does anyone know if those tanks are just storage tanks? As I have said, I cannot find those tanks on aerial images anywhere. However, if I am reading the Google maps accurately, the aerials have not been updated since 2010. If they did not build those tanks until right before or around the time that Hailey disappeared, could Shawn have had access to the restricted area to deliver supplies for the building of those tanks and had it still that day, so he would not have been questioned if he were in the area at that time?

Those employees told NewsWest 9 that it did appear that the body had been there for some time. Employees also tell NewsWest 9 they used a lid from one of their tanks to keep the remains safe from the weather in the area.

http://www.newswest9.com/story/17203792/human-remains-found-in-big-spring2#

:please:Oh, please, please, please don't let any evidence be compromised! Those bones have been out in the weather for a long time...better to just stand back and wait for the FBI evidence team!

Lane Stone · 1,399 like this
5 minutes ago ·

We are working the story of remains found in Big Spring right now. Victor Sotelo has talked to one of the workers who discovered the body. Jessica Reyes is in contact with some of Hailey's family and will have their reaction. We'll also have reaction from the community in Colorado City. All tonight on KTAB News at 10.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=346381132074275&id=179782228734167

BBM well, I'd love to know who dad? or BD?
and CCity's reaction........

I don't care how many cases you've followed, this NEVER gets any easier. :anguish:

It is all so bittersweet....you want it to be Hailey so there is some closure and hopefully justice can be served, but it just brings all those old emotions (Billie, Shawn, etc...for me) flooding back. Just painful.

Yes, that is why I remembered the town started with a D. Seems like it even sounded similar to Dunn. That's why it stuck with me. I am listening to the radio show again to see if Billie tells us. That is where I thought I heard it.....Still listening.

I'm looking at my trusty Atlas = Dripping Springs or Del Valle are close to Austin, Tx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam