Trial Thread 7 May 2012 - Closing Arguments, Defense then the Crown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we seen any proof that TLM was the first to make contact, I don't remember that.

Considering he was the one knocking on her door after the first time out, makes me think this is just not true whatsoever. I dont believe it at all. JMO

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
Derstine said that Rafferty and McClintic maintained contact because both feared the other would go to the police [via Twitter]

This says it all. They were both in it together and covering for each other.

Guilty as charged.

Have we seen any proof that TLM was the first to make contact, I don't remember that.

Probably in the phone records. It had been over a month since CM had her phone on and all of a sudden within a day or two of the crime...voila...phone is working again. On a long Easter weekend no less. Now who is the one with stacks of cash and a bag of percs for sale?

MOO

Am logging off for a while but would just like to point an observation out to my fellow sleuthers. I know I have been off in some of my posts and for that I appologize. However I just want to add because someone adds "respectfully" or "JMO" before a post does not make the post not rude.

Being a 28 year old man with an ative sex life does not make him a pedophile rapist ... If I understand it correctly it is the opposite ...

A 28 year old man with a preference for single mothers might.

Then again, it might not. We don't know what he thinks or wants. And even if he thought about it doesn't mean he acted it out.

Point: lots of 'possibly', 'maybe', 'might'... either way, nothing is definite -- we can't read his mind.

JMO

Rape is not about sex ... It is about power and control ...
<rsbm>

That is a well-known fact Tahorn, and I believe that MTR did not have power and control in his romantic relationships. Sex he had, but relationships did not flourish (except TLM who he probably didn't think of as a keeper anyway). I believe it was the week prior to Tori's murder that he had broken up with AL (whom he had known from his earlier days). She broke it up too. IIRC, AL was the ONLY one who testified who brought MTR to tears as she left the courtroom.

Possibly the rape of a female child was all about power and control ... that he did not have over his relationships with adult women.

JMO

Considering he was the one knocking on her door after the first time out, makes me think this is just not true whatsoever. I dont believe it at all. JMO

She arranged him to have access in dentention ... He wasn't even able to talk on the phone until she arranged it ...

It was not proven that she did not either. The extreme likelihood is there of some remote acquaintance. Poor Tori, skipped along and chatted with too much trust for stranger danger. JMO

bbm: I completely disagree with what I bolded... We see it case after case after case again. Perpetrators are cunning and know what to say to get what they want.

:moo:

eta: to name a recent case: Ryan Brunn took a picture of little Jorelys Rivera's roller skate (that he stole) and told her he had found it... and she walked off with him to a vacant apartment where she was raped, murdered, and then dumped into a trash compactor.

Yes. it happens. And yes, kids are happily lured away...

She arranged him to have access in dentention ... He wasn't even able to talk on the phone until she arranged it ...

Because she was in love with him and he pretended he cared for her, took her to look at rings, having sex with her etc etc. Sorry she arranged it for that reason not for any other reason. They are Bonnie and Clyde through and through. He just think he isnt going to get caught.

Rafferty was in touch with CM TLM's Mother...

Passing messages to one another, I'm sure

jmo

When TLM said she cut out pieces of the back seat....she never said the bottom back seat. Maybe it was the backrest of the backseat. Maybe it was all cut up, and then replaced with a new one right after the murder.

When TLM said she cut out pieces of the back seat....she never said the bottom back seat. Maybe it was the backrest of the backseat. Maybe it was all cut up, and then replaced with a new one right after the murder.

Speaking of the back seat, noticed that Derstine conveniently skipped over that entirely.

MOO

He wouldn't even have known she wanted to arrange that if he wasn't in contact with her mother.

MOO

Thank you to all of those members such as Robynhood, Sailorbug, n/t and others who kept the tread alive for Tori today.

Many sleuthers here predicted this would be the weak tack the defence would take but I can't understand why Derstine needed a 4 day weekend to cobble it together. Looking forward to what the Crown has to say tomorrow.

Good night. It's late evening here in the KSA.

In my opiinion, the Crown has to put something together tomorrow that makes sense and is supported by real evidence, not speculation and conjecture, that proves MR is guilty. After today, I think the jury will choose to disregard all of TLM's testimony.

Nobody will want to vote for conviction of such serious charges, based on testimony from such an unreliable witness.

The Crown knew they had a problem with TLM from the outset, and have tried to mitigate the damage, but Derstine has brilliantly brought TLM's credibility as the main issue in the trial.

It is an issue the Crown is probably loathe to defend.

JMO.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member