ND - Dru Sjodin, 22, Grand Forks, 22 Nov 2003 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading those boards. I HOPE they are on to something and she is found soon. She is on my mind constantly.

Originally posted by MissMisty
I have to say that I have only seen nice posts about Dru at her website. Where are these ugly posts some have mentioned seeing?
Misty

Umm, don't know when you looked but you convinced me to go back and that was a mistake. Look at the newest post topic in the discussion forum, from their newest member, 'hypocriticalblow'. Another big time FREAK.

Edited to add, this person is a bigger FREAK than I have ever seen on a board anywhere. He is adding vile topic headers as quick as they can delete a post. Then another one is added. It gets worse and worse and worse.

they definately need some moderators over there. Maybe we should volunteer?

Ok, they took all the posts off from the last idiot and banned them. I read there that the family doesn't want anyone they don't know moderating. They just didn't know what they were getting into perhaps. LE has just got to find her so this can end. Sending out prayers again to the family and Dru.

oh ok....well I was willing to help, hate seeing a good cause go to crap because of some heartless immature posters.

Originally posted by alpharee
oh ok....well I was willing to help, hate seeing a good cause go to crap because of some heartless immature posters.

You should still offer, they NEED help.

Originally posted by Love_Mama
I was just reading Dru's website and came across the thread about this gal having a “feeling” that Dru in somewhere near or has to do with “Chariots”

This is very interesting. Are Gwen's posts still there? I haven't gone back and checked.
Thanks--
Misty

Originally posted by camsmom
Remember the "other" missing college students from MN/ND. Unfortunately one's remains have been found. What about Erika Dalquist, Jashua Guimond and Christopher Jenkins. All college students.

Is it possible that there is a serial killer on the loose after college students?

Camsmom--
Great post! I wonder if this is being checked out...thank you for posting the names. I am going to see if I can find out anything.
Misty

MsMisty...thank you for your kind words.

Late this afternoon, I had FOX news on....I heard this...That AR had said next time he kidnapped he would kill the victim, so that that person could never tell.....I think it was on Rita Cosby, Rita was talking about his three sisters., and, how upset they all are about him doing a repeat of earlier offences.

I truly hope I heard that wrong....I was busy doing a bit of Christmas decorating..and was not giving it my full attention. Did anyone one else hear that?

The very first time I went to Dru's message board I saw hideous bare naked pics of some man...in a very vulgar pose...then yesterday I saw a whole thread that was just too disgusting. Can you just imagine a person that lowly? UGH!

I do hope some one starts monitoring that message board....such nasty animals!

Here is an interesting article that I just found.

Missing UND student: Family continues intensive search
By Dave Forster and Mike Nowatzki
The Forum - 12/03/2003
GRAND FORKS, N.D. -- Nearly an hour before the sun would set on another cold, exhausting day, Mike Sjodin’s impatience began to show.

“We’re running out of daylight,” he said, standing in a field near County Road 5, a few miles northwest of here.

A few minutes earlier, the cousin of missing 22-year-old Dru Sjodin had roared over the road on an ATV after finishing the search of nine square miles with three others. The group is among dozens of relatives and close friends of the University of North Dakota senior last seen leaving the Columbia Mall on Nov. 22.

They search from sun up to sun down, beginning every morning with a 7:15 meeting at the Grand Forks Wal-Mart parking lot.

“It’s taking a toll on all of us physically and mentally,” said Mike Sjodin, from Columbia Heights, Minn. “But I’m going to get my cousin back, period. I’m going to do anything I can to do it.”

The family and friends take their marching orders each morning from Bob Heales, a friend of Chris Lang, Dru’s boyfriend from Cross Lake, Minn., and a private detective for 23 years.

Each night, Heales, who has offices in Denver and Minneapolis, consults with law enforcement agents to plan where the small army of volunteers will go each day.

On Tuesday, the group used 17 four-wheelers donated by Arctic Cat to search more than 70 square miles west of Grand Forks.

When on ATVs, the searchers rake through snow-filled ditches and walk along the fields, looking for anything that might possibly be a clue to Dru Sjodin’s disappearance.

When they find something of interest, they call the police, and a sheriff’s deputy checks it out. But they never hear if those items are of particular interest to law enforcement.

Generous help

Throughout their search, the family says the generosity of area residents has been outstanding. On Monday night, a stranger paid for eight steak dinners at the Grand Forks Hilton hotel where family members are staying. One woman at a farm gave them 46 gallons of free gas. Hotels and motels give the family employee discounts.

“No matter where you go, they give you something,” said Jamie Nelson, Dru Sjodin’s cousin from Oakdale, Minn.

When the mass volunteer search begins today, the family search group will continue on their own, directed by a sheriff’s deputy and Heales. Today, authorities will be using the Arctic Cat four-wheelers. Up to a 100 other close friends and relatives are expected to bring ATVs to aid in the search.

Allan Sjodin, Dru’s father, has eight siblings and more than 30 cousins, said Hugh Nelson, Dru’s uncle from Albertville, Minn.

After a day of searching, most of the relatives meet -- usually 30 to 40 at a time -- to catch up on the day’s finds and discuss the following day’s search.

Several of them have left their jobs indefinitely until they find their missing family member.

Nelson, a state survey worker in the Twin Cities, said his boss told him Tuesday he could take as much time off as needed.

Heales said he doesn’t know when he’ll go back to his business.

“I haven’t made any immediate plans until we find Dru,” he said.

‘A marathon’ search

Earlier Tuesday, the Grand Forks County state’s attorney said police officials have probable cause to believe Alfonso Rodriguez Jr., a high-risk sex offender living in Crookston, Minn., may have kidnapped Dru Sjodin.

Peter Welte said Rodriguez was spotted in the Columbia Mall parking lot at the time of Dru Sjodin’s disappearance Nov. 22.

During a news conference that offered few details about Rodriguez’s connection to the missing University of North Dakota student, Welte said Rodriguez’s arrest is “by no means” an end to the case.

“This is a marathon, not a sprint,” Welte said.

Police continue to be resolute in their commitment to find Sjodin and bring her home, said Grand Forks Police Chief John Packett, adding the investigation “has only reached the 50-yard line.”

Rodriguez, who was released from prison May 1, is being held for kidnapping in Crookston’s Tri-County Correctional Center. A hearing scheduled for Tuesday regarding his extradition to Grand Forks County was postponed until today.

Welte would not comment on evidence in the case or say how long authorities had been investigating Rodriguez before his arrest Monday night at his mother’s Crookston home.

Rodriguez has raped women in two earlier instances and has used a weapon to gain compliance, according to the Minnesota Department of Corrections Web site.

Rodriguez is a Level 3 sex offender with a history of sexual contact and attempted kidnapping of adult women, the Web site says.

“Accordingly, that is something we do look at in these investigations,” Welte said.

More leads have been received by a police tip line since Rodriguez’s picture began appearing in the media Monday night, said Grand Forks Police Capt. Michael Kirby.

Allan Sjodin asked supporters and volunteers “to just continue what they’ve been doing,” and expressed hope his daughter is still alive.

“Honey, we’re still looking for you,” he said. “We know you’re there, and our strength is drawn off of you.”

Readers can reach Forum reporter Mike Nowatzki at (701) 241-5528

Originally posted by starpatch
MsMisty...thank you for your kind words.

Late this afternoon, I had FOX news on....I heard this...That AR had said next time he kidnapped he would kill the victim, so that that person could never tell.....I think it was on Rita Cosby, Rita was talking about his three sisters., and, how upset they all are about him doing a repeat of earlier offences.

SP--
No, I did not hear that. I hope you heard it wrong. :boohoo:
Misty

hereCROOKSTON, Minn. Dec. 7 — The sister of the suspect in the case of a missing University of North Dakota student pleaded with a local police officer to keep tabs on her brother after his release from prison in May because she feared he might strike again.
Alfonso Rodriguez Jr., 50, has been charged with kidnapping in the disappearance of Dru Sjodin, 22. The student has been missing since Nov. 22, when police believe she was abducted from a mall parking lot in Grand Forks, N.D.

Rodriguez's sister, Ileana, called Sgt. Gerry Moreno several times following her brother's completion of a 23-year prison term for stabbing and trying to kidnap a woman. She asked Moreno to keep her brother, who had previously pleaded guilty to rape, locked up or away from the community.

Moreno told The Forum of Fargo, N.D., that he wasn't in a position to help her.

"Once a person does their time, they have no ties to probation," Moreno said in Sunday's edition of the newspaper.

Ileana Rodriguez turned to the 26-year police veteran, because they grew up together in Crookston. Moreno also went to the same elementary school as Alfonso Rodriguez, and as children they would play together, he said.

When they were children, "there was nothing unusual that made me think he was a weirdo," Moreno said.

Investigators in the Sjodin case have put their two-state physical search for her on indefinite hold and were trying to piece together clues on her whereabouts.

Alfonso Rodriguez faces a preliminary hearing Feb. 4, and arraignment on Feb. 6.

Originally posted by MissMisty
SP--
No, I did not hear that. I hope you heard it wrong. :boohoo:
Misty
I hope I heard that wrong too....I have been reading the message board at Find Dru.....did not see one bad post there tonight....someone must be taking care of the bad posters.

I sure hope they find this little gal. And I also hope they find who did something to her. My biggest prayer is that they'll find her alive.

Originally posted by Imon128
I sure hope they find this little gal. And I also hope they find who did something to her. My biggest prayer is that they'll find her alive.

Ditto!

Her family seems to be focusing on trying to find her alive!

I believe this is the post that the family........is following this morning for their search. I couldn't find a way to email this gal or IM her either .......so hopefully she won't mind if I copy this: This is from the findDru website.

Posted_-_12/07/2003_:_ 05:05:00 _ _ posted by Kristina and name of the post is: Police Please Read This
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Police, I keep thinking about Dru and her family and at this point I believe this discussion board is about solving a heinous crime. I'm sure you have covered all this ground already but the following is just for the record.
Two weeks ago there was NOT a full moon, there is one now. It is shining on the one inch of snow we have. There was NO snow two weeks ago but the river was probably mostly iced over. I'm from Crookston and I know a little bit about the area and the people. I looked up Alphonso Rodriquez in my 1968 yearbook and there he was next to Francisco Rodriquez (perhaps a cousin). Both of them went to my elementary school on the north end of town. I believe they lived in houses close to where the riverbank is caving in and bringing some houses down to the river. (Crookston got unnecessary national media attention several months ago on that). Therefore, Alphonoso is very familiar with the river and the changes of seasons of when it becomes iced over.
As a native Crookstonite, we all know about the back way to leave GRFKS to get back to Crookston especially if you've been shopping at Columbia Mall. It is no fun to go through all the traffic lights of GRKFS to get over the river on Hwy. 2 when you can go south from the mall about 8 miles (runs parallel to I-29) and then turn east on the single lane of traffic. I don't know the name or number of that paved road. As you travel east towards Crookston's sugar beet plant that would bring one south of Fisher instead of north on the highly trafficked Hwy. 2. That would explain why the cell phone was perhaps giving a strong signal in that area. There is a very narrow bridge going over the river on this less frequented paved road.
The RIVER is the important thing in solving this mystery because several days AFTER the abduction, Alphonso went to my dad's shop to get something repaired. It is on the riverbanks of Crookston. Alphonso carried this piece of equipment weighing about 35-50 lbs some distance from his car trunk to the shop. He had another Hispanic friend with him. He told my dad that he was going away soon and that he wanted to get this thing repaired.
Where was Alphonso planning to go? Did he know his days were numbered? I continue to pray that he would open up and confess to the crime because it is breaking too many hearts, his own family's and that of Dru's friends and family. I know he won't say anything now that he is arrested with a $5 million bond on him. He sure DIDN'T talk in grade school all the years I knew of him. Alphonso may be telling the truth when he said he didn't kidnap Dru. No, that was not his intention...
------------------
xxxxxoooooo
mama

BTW.....I posted to Gwen (Chairot Thread) on Dru's web site this morning and asked her if she would like to come over to Webslueths and post.
I posted that on her THANK YOU thread. Might be interesting to hear what she has to say.

xxxxxxoooooo
mama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads