Morgan to Depose George, Cindy & Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't get the impression that the judge was overly concerned about the A's emotional status. He seemed, IMO, to base his decision more on the media attention. I think he's have ruled the same way even if the A's health wasn't an issue.

He seemed to be overly concerned with "Sweeps" than with medical issues!

Very bizzare!

Well. I think Mr. Morgan shot himself in the foot by touting this as a media event, in the media. He validly subpoenaed the A's in a timely fashion and his client was entitled for this to go forward. BC got one compassionate postponement before, apparently by agreement. He showed up today with nothing to support his assertions or his last-minute attempt to delay, and yet he got it. This judge seems really mild mannered, but he doesn't seem like much of a real courageous decider. Am I wrong that GA has recently appeared on national television in an interview context, and also giving presser sort of statements to the media at the home of Haleigh?

The good news for Morgan/ZG, the court surely can't dismiss the case while denying them any chance for discovery. Anyway, another reason why lawyers should go in the office and work and get prepared instead of discussing their client's cases in the media at every possible chance.
(bold above by me)

I agree with that. That move has puzzled me from the onset. If he had chosen to simply proceed without additional fanfare we might be reading those depos already.

He is not, by all reports, a bumbler. I wonder what his reasoning was?

IMO BC was worse then Mr Morgan. What I find amazing is the judge complaints BC on his work for his client yet he didnt have the paper work. That usely is a smack down by the judge not praise. This whole case is just wacky beyond believe.

And especially since BC brought this in on emergency status, when he had a month to schedule. Bad form, transparent maneuver. This is discouraging.

Well at least he's not the judge on KC's case. I don't think my heart could take it.

Brad Conway stooped to an all time low today.
Morgan: Cindy has not attempted suicide
Conway: Cindy has not attempted suicide "yet".
Judge: That was highly inappropriate

Yet......nice threat....BC's definitely playing on the sympathy here.

DailyOpinions, I hope you saw my response... I wasn't offended at all! Just making a joke.

Once again, I am sick to my stomach. What is 20 days going to do?

Why the special treatment?

No one else gets it.

My first thought as well was that this judge was just like the Anna Nicole Judge.

Why are these people in office?

Why is this allowed?

What is 20 days going to do??????????

Very bizzare!

It seems bizarre but I'm not sure it is. For Morgan to announce to the media that they were invited to film the depos and that he would be asking surprise questions is bizarre. For a judge to attempt to make it about law and justice rather than ratings is very appropriate, IMO.

Testing smilies:
:croc::p:slap:

He's not, thank God, but boy did his foot swell! It's better now.

I'm having a problem with these attn coming to court unprepared and then being given special treatment! Did ZFG's lawyer bring up george and cindy's recent media outing??

Good question, if he didn't he should have,

The court was adamant that these depo's would be live and they will be held. I was surprised that Mitnik didn't remind the court of the televised memorial that CA put together when BC said they hadn't been on TV since Caylee was found. Overall, as much as it irks me that their "extra special grief" seemed to win the day AGAIN, it really is just a delay and I think BC irritated the court greatly. Having the court on one's side is a good thing and I have to think the court is with ZFG about the depo's but the big concern is the media and airing them live. I didn't see most of the hearing and will maybe understand better when I see the replay. Possibly the court was reluctant to just order them to go forward excluding the media because of freedom of the press issues. The court's demeanor seemed frustrated with the A's case, imo, so I found the ruling very surprising. But, who wants to deal with a 1st amendment case over this?

Thanks for letting me vent; going back now to catch up with the thread. :)

DailyOpinions, I hope you saw my response... I wasn't offended at all! Just making a joke.

I was just reading back through and seen it jennyb! Thanks!
I am a mushy I guess..lol I don't like to offend! I'm glad you responded, else it would have been on my mind all night!
These cases get to me..lol I am sure you understand!;)

Yeah, this judge reminded me of the one in the Anna Nicole burial mess...

OH Gosh...Could you imagine if he were the judge in any of this?
I'd be mailing him a box of tissues a week..lol:D

I didn't get the impression that the judge was overly concerned about the A's emotional status. He seemed, IMO, to base his decision more on the media attention. I think he's have ruled the same way even if the A's health wasn't an issue.

Very bizzare!
(bold above by me)
You don't suppose he's shopping for a "judge show"? I got the impression that the Anna Nicole one was.

OMG is that true that BC said she hadn't tried to commit sucide "yet" . How horrible!!!! Gah, I get arguing emotional distress but good god.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam