WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were just taking pictures of the snow on the cliffs. I have tried posting others but for some reason they aren't working.

I had the same problem last night. It could be the photos require too much memory. Try to crop your photos and then attach them.

From that very interesting myspace: "working with hannah on fundraiser for mackenzie, a dance at volcanoclub, date to be set soon, live DJ & dancing, any1 interested will b put on contactlist Mood: sleepy
Posted 6 minutes ago

Looking at the Myspace page and finding the FB page for this guy, nothing seems odd. Seems legit, even has a few friends in common with him.

P1020055b.jpg

Here’s the rough draft of my theories:

At 3:00 p.m., MC leaves the Hair Academy, turns onto Kittitas, then turns right onto northbound Mission Street, and drives to WC’s office (about 1 minute). MC’s purpose is to tell WC about her new “medical condition.”

MC meets WC at WC’s office on Mission Street, and they walk or drive together to the boat launch to talk. Either which way, MC’s car is left at WC’s office.

Sometime before 5:00 p.m., MC and WC travel to WC’s house in Eagle Rock.

Sometime between 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m., WC freaks out on MC and, in a fit of “passion,” slays MC (probably with a kitchen knife?). (FYI: The reason I believe WC is the murderer, as opposed to JF, is simply because no mother would continue to have a relationship with—let alone purchase a new car for—any person who may have possibly murdered her child; I refuse to believe that’s physiologically possible.)

After the deed is done, WC contacts JF and extorts him into helping her dispose of MC’s body. If JF is the cause of MC’s “medical condition,” then WC’s extortion would be fairly easy and obvious.

WC must move MC’s car because it would be way too obvious who the perp is if it remains where it was at that time. Therefore, WC drives MC’s car up to Pitcher Canyon and JF follows. At about 7:00 p.m., they drop off MC’s car at the end of Pitcher Canyon Road, and JF drives WC back to her house/office.

WC and/or JF and/or his brother(s) then transport MC’s body to the Sunnyslope spec house for temporary storage. Said house is, after all, close by WC’s home (less than a 6 minute drive). Although I believe it’s possible (though not probable) that they tried to dismember her body parts, I don’t believe they would have done so at the Sunnyslope house. And I certainly don’t believe they attempted to mutilate MC’s body for sheer entertainment. In any event, something horrible is done to MC’s body.

Sometime between 11:00 p.m. on February 9 and 6:00 a.m. on February 13, WC and/or JF and/or his brother(s) transport MC’s body to CB. They decide on that particular location because they are familiar with it, and they know it buttresses the county line.

They place MC’s body near the stream, with her feet in it. They were intending to place MC’s body just inside Grant County in order to create a jurisdictional headache and friction between 4 LE agencies. But they failed to do so (for whatever reason, e.g., simple miscalculation, too dark, too wet, or maybe they were unable to cross the stream and they did not want to carry her body back up the hill; they therefore placed her body as close to the Grant County as possible). I believe her body was placed in the brush and trees along the stream, approximately 15-feet from the river.

That's all I got so far. So, go ahead and rip up my theories.

DISCLAIMER: Everything except for the first three words is pure speculation. I certainly could not prove any of this beyond a reasonable doubt.

WOW! If MC had driven to her Mom's office, wouldn't there be somebody else there that would have surely seen her or her car? There was still a couple of hours of daylight left. That's a pretty visible part of town, too!

Some of us have explored this independent of this thread.

We didn't dig up much except the obvious. Interestingly, this person removed himself from Mac's FB friends list after her body was discovered (maybe the second week into the investigation?). Previous to removing himself he had been very active in the fund raising effort.

This guy has also been posted about on Wenatchee Craigslist Rants and Raves in the past, and the posts were not at all flattering. He was described as creepy and a little too interested in young girls. I know nothing about him myself. Unfortunately the posts have since been flagged or expired. Not sure if CL caches posts.

Why on earth would you want to be involved in the fundraising efforts, yet delete her? Her brothers are on his FB Page I saw.

He took his camera with him to the Memorial...saw pictures on his FB page.

Like I said, I'm sorry if it turned out to be nothing. I just thought it was at least worth mentioning.

WOW! If MC had driven to her Mom's office, wouldn't there be somebody else there that would have surely seen her or her car? There was still a couple of hours of daylight left. That's a pretty visible part of town, too!

Yeah, good point. There goes that theory. Any other bad theories?

Not mentioning names, of course, but there's a local photographer who advertises himself as a photography/production company, and quite frequently has "free model shoots" . I know he's currently advertising one on his myspace right now. The problems is, almost every single model in his "photo album" is an underage, high school girl, usually dressed provocatively. He requested my daughter as a friend, and seems to have a lot of other young girls as friends as well (in fact, there's a picture on the front page of his profile that says (Mackenzie Model of the Month, though the picture doesn't really look like her). After looking more into this, I found that he was actually at the memorial, as you can see pictures he took there on his facebook page. I was at the memorial as well, and specifically remember the minister stating she wanted to be a model, dancer, and beautician. Though I feel bad for dragging someone else into this, especially if it's nothing, I thought it was at least worth thinking about.

I know exactly who you're referring to. He got my attention, especially after realizing he was one of the two people that had removed himself from Mackenzies 'friends list' on FB. Then I noticed he'd mentioned that he had attended her memorial. Just reading some of his stuff on his social networking pages kinda made my skin crawl.

Interesting though, I hadn't heard/read that Mackenzie desired to be a model. I did wonder if this person was the one who took some of the professional pics of Mackenzie that we've all seen?

Here’s the rough draft of my theories:

At 3:00 p.m., MC leaves the Hair Academy, turns onto Kittitas, then turns right onto northbound Mission Street, and drives to WC’s office (about 1 minute). MC’s purpose is to tell WC about her new “medical condition.”

MC meets WC at WC’s office on Mission Street, and they walk or drive together to the boat launch to talk. Either which way, MC’s car is left at WC’s office.

Sometime before 5:00 p.m., MC and WC travel to WC’s house in Eagle Rock.

Sometime between 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m., WC freaks out on MC and, in a fit of “passion,” slays MC (probably with a kitchen knife?). (FYI: The reason I believe WC is the murderer, as opposed to JF, is simply because no mother would continue to have a relationship with—let alone purchase a new car for—any person who may have possibly murdered her child; I refuse to believe that’s physiologically possible.)

After the deed is done, WC contacts JF and extorts him into helping her dispose of MC’s body. If JF is the cause of MC’s “medical condition,” then WC’s extortion would be fairly easy and obvious.

WC must move MC’s car because it would be way too obvious who the perp is if it remains where it was at that time. Therefore, WC drives MC’s car up to Pitcher Canyon and JF follows. At about 7:00 p.m., they drop off MC’s car at the end of Pitcher Canyon Road, and JF drives WC back to her house/office.

WC and/or JF and/or his brother(s) then transport MC’s body to the Sunnyslope spec house for temporary storage. Said house is, after all, close by WC’s home (less than a 6 minute drive). Although I believe it’s possible (though not probable) that they tried to dismember her body parts, I don’t believe they would have done so at the Sunnyslope house. And I certainly don’t believe they attempted to mutilate MC’s body for sheer entertainment. In any event, something horrible is done to MC’s body.

Sometime between 11:00 p.m. on February 9 and 6:00 a.m. on February 13, WC and/or JF and/or his brother(s) transport MC’s body to CB. They decide on that particular location because they are familiar with it, and they know it buttresses the county line.

They place MC’s body near the stream, with her feet in it. They were intending to place MC’s body just inside Grant County in order to create a jurisdictional headache and friction between 4 LE agencies. But they failed to do so (for whatever reason, e.g., simple miscalculation, too dark, too wet, or maybe they were unable to cross the stream and they did not want to carry her body back up the hill; they therefore placed her body as close to the Grant County as possible). I believe her body was placed in the brush and trees along the stream, approximately 15-feet from the river.

That's all I got so far. So, go ahead and rip up my theories.

DISCLAIMER: Everything except for the first three words is pure speculation. I certainly could not prove any of this beyond a reasonable doubt.

This is a theory I've kicked around a bit myself. Now I'm leaning toward mom not being actively involved though. I feel she may know or suspect some things but wasn't an active participant. However, filicide does happen though it is rare in a child Mac's age. Your scenario would be one of the few reasons I could think of for this kind of crime on a child Mac's age committed by a parent. Filicide is also much more commonly performed by mothers, and filicide of girls (as opposed to boy children) even more so statistically performed by the mother.

I do have some additional info that I cannot divulge the source of for fear of getting someone in trouble. It has to do with the probability that a knife set and something that looks like kitchen/butcher shears may have been used at some point. LE went to an area business with photos asking if any sets of this type had been sold there. Sorry, can't really say more than that. LE did NOT mention this case in any way, shape, or form. However, if you know Wenatchee, you'll know that violent crime here is a rarity, and crime with implements of that sort even rarer. I also haven't heard of any stabbings lately. And no- to anyone that is curious, they hadn't sold them to anyone they could recall lately. The business owner was flummoxed at the shears (they wouldn't sell them) and he said they hadn't sold that particular set of knives for a few years IIRC.

Ummm, Re the possibility of dismemberment, it's interesting that you would post that. Very early on I heard a *rumor* that one arm was partially or totally dismembered. Rumor only, mind you. I had thought that the supposedly brutalized condition of her body may have resulted from an unfinished attempt at disfigurement or dismemberment to make disposal easier.

referencing this photographer, this scares me..I see my daughter and several of her friends on his facebook

I know this idea probably won't hold water, but could the killer(s) have placed MC's body at the CB property with the intent on moving it again sometime later? Like, by boat? Take it down river 5 or 10 miles where it is far more remote? Maybe to the Sand Dunes or something?

Del Rio,
Do you have any pictures that supports her feet being in the water?

No. The only info I have regarding MC's feet being in the stream came from a person who resides in CB (hopefully you can read between the lines).

Did someone say that LE TOOK MC's computer(s)? From where? Moms house? dads house?

I see. I heard someone had pics of the crimescene on their FB and then LE had them removed. I believe that was a story on KOMO or some other TV news agency.

Really? I don't believe LE has the authority to do that. I mean, the media took photos and videos of the crime scene, right? What's the difference?

I know this idea probably won't hold water, but could the killer(s) have placed MC's body at the CB property with the intent on moving it again sometime later? Like, by boat? Take it down river 5 or 10 miles where it is far more remote? Maybe to the Sand Dunes or something?

Well, it's a thought. But wouldn't you think that IF that were the case, the killer would've definitely gotten her off that residential property well before noon on a Saturday, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain