GUILTY MI - Katherine 'Kate' Phillips, 4 mos, Ludington, 29 June 2011 (Deceased/Not Found)

With the release of the 911 call, many locals seem to be questioning Ariel. A few I know personally have even out right accused her. I am still on the fence but I would like to see her questioned more in-depth and have her explain what some are calling inconsistancies in her story. Regardless, the sad reality is that Kate is gone.

With the release of the 911 call, many locals seem to be questioning Ariel. A few I know personally have even out right accused her. I am still on the fence but I would like to see her questioned more in-depth and have her explain what some are calling inconsistancies in her story. Regardless, the sad reality is that Kate is gone.

I'm still holding out hope that he/they might have given her away somehow to somebody........

I think he killed her and the motive for doing it is obviously so he didn't have to pay child support.

I'm really not sure why he's not given up her location. They have him intimately tied to the crime, so it's not like if they find the body they'll be able to prove he did it. It seems they already have enough to know that he killed her.* I wonder what's motivating him to keep quiet - I know his defense attorney has also probably told him things may be better for him if he gives her location up.

I think his motivations go far beyond child support, if he did kill her. And then to stay so quiet about it - I wonder what is going through his mind with this?

*I'm convinced he killed her, but I'm only going off MSM reports. Could be they don't have enough to know for sure, but I'm leaning that way.

I'm convinced too that he killed her...it just stands to reason that the only reasons you undress a baby is to either redress them in different cloths or to bathe them or put them in water. I know early on there was some talk of a lake and LE was asking for any witnesses that may have seen a certain vehicle near that lake. I really believe he put her in the lake then hid her cloths.
It will be interesting to see how his trial plays out in light of Casey's trial. I think generally society is much harder on men that it is on women. I really think even if they don't find her body that he will be charged with murder.

NG keeps suggesting that Kate may have been sold...I'm thinking probably not since no large sum of money has been found...I mean what, did he hide the money before he was arrested?

I'm convinced too that he killed her...it just stands to reason that the only reasons you undress a baby is to either redress them in different cloths or to bathe them or put them in water. I know early on there was some talk of a lake and LE was asking for any witnesses that may have seen a certain vehicle near that lake. I really believe he put her in the lake then hid her cloths.
It will be interesting to see how his trial plays out in light of Casey's trial. I think generally society is much harder on men that it is on women. I really think even if they don't find her body that he will be charged with murder.

Why would he undress the child to throw her body in the lake?
It's possible that if he intended to sell her or give her to someone else, he wanted them to have other clothes to dress her in, so that she wouldn't be easily recognized. A lot of babies look alike, but if there was a description of the clothes she was wearing, someone might spot them.

Such a tiny reward, only $1360, it is heartbreaking...
What a precious baby...why doesn't the whole country know about this little girl...

This is another weird case, that's for sure. I am having computer issues and have not been able to open all the news stories. I hope baby kate is found safe, but it isn't looking good. Heartbreaking, just heartbreaking.

Did the mother tell the story of what the fight was about when she was first questioned? I'm skeptical about her, something isn't right.

OMG. I was thinking it was just me. I only caught a few minutes of her 911 call. My hairs stood up and I had a very uneasy feeling. It's almost like KC lies with the question mark infection at the end of the statement. I haven't read this thread yet. I could be wrong.

I just listened to the 911 call (not sure how I missed it being released?)

There wasn't anything that raised my hinky meter, but I understand some are talking about inconsistencies in her story. Did she give a different story on what happened?

ETA: Sorry to be so clueless, but I've been all slung up in the Caylee Anthony verdict :(

Cases like this make me so angry. Why won't he just say what he did and get it over with?

It's sad but I think a lot of cases are going to be compared to Casey Anthony. If he hides the body well enough and doesn't talk then he can get away with murder.

After seeing so many different photos of Baby Kate last night on NG (better late than never), it is clear to me that this baby is adored by her mother...and that she is adorable. Why isn't this a nationally-known missing child case?? I will never understand how some little babies and children are considered to be huge news stories and others, barely register. And a tiny reward fund, not even $2000? I know rewards hardly ever help, but it seems so disrespectful... Caylee's reward was over $250,000...:(

The Family had been in contact with NG earlier in the case and she put Kate at the end of her show for a few days for like 5 seconds, someone told the family that NG couldn't cover it until Casey was released. I know this from seeing one of the family members FB status's blasting NG. I guess watching some chick walk out of jail was more newsworthy than the disappearance of a 4 month old.

I agree about the reward, it's all from donations and will be given back if not used but it's sad that a life so precious is worth less than $2000. Seeing that douche in his bulletproof vest in court made me so angry. Cases like these make torturing for answers sound good.

I'm glad this case is finally getting attention but i'm worried that it is too little, too late.

The Family had been in contact with NG earlier in the case and she put Kate at the end of her show for a few days for like 5 seconds, someone told the family that NG couldn't cover it until Casey was released. I know this from seeing one of the family members FB status's blasting NG. I guess watching some chick walk out of jail was more newsworthy than the disappearance of a 4 month old.

I'm glad this case is finally getting attention but i'm worried that it is too little, too late.

S&BBM

Me too but I just don't want to give up hope that she might have been handed off to someone. Since he did try to give her up for adoption by going to CPS once, it may not be out of the realm of possibility, at least I keep telling myself that.

Where are you, little one??

S&BBM

Me too but I just don't want to give up hope that she might have been handed off to someone. Since he did try to give her up for adoption by going to CPS once, it may not be out of the realm of possibility, at least I keep telling myself that.

Where are you, little one??

I would consider that an option except there wasn't time for him to have lined up an adopter. Just that morning he had tried to get them into CPS, went straight to her home and he took off. If this had happened over a week's time, instead of under an hour, it would seem possible.

On Nancy Grace, first they said that the mom went back in the house to get the baby stroller because she was going to walk the 2 blocks to the hospital because she was mad at the baby's father--and then he took off with the baby. But on the 911 call, the mom said she went back into the house to get her keys. So, which is it, the stroller or the keys (or both)? They said the father had taken his DNA test an hour before and this appointment was for the DNA test for the baby, scheduled at 1 p.m. The mom said he didn't want the baby to have the DNA test (proving that he was the father of the baby). Its so hard to understand how anyone could not want that beautiful, precious little baby. The father had custody of the older child and people said he took good care of it but custody was changing due to his assignment coming up in Afghanistan. If the baby was his, he'd have to pay child support for both kids but they would have his military medical insurance and could probably get WIC. It appeared that the mother had loved the new baby and taken good care of it. Which is worse, paying child support or spending life in a prison cell? I do have to wonder if the father put the baby in the lake or other water and then tried to hide the clothes. But wouldn't he have to weight it down or wouldn't it float to the top of the water in a few days. Did they use cadaver sniffing dogs over the water and land? I rember they did in the Laci Peterson case.
I just wish we could find out what happened to that tiny, innocent baby. It would be a miracle if she was still alive somewhere. I hope it won't end up like the Baby Gabriel case.

I understand that anyone who would impulsively take a baby isn't going to act logically. But REALLY? Is it better to face murder charges than to have a DNA test prove you are a father???

He clearly did not want this child. Oh sure, don't leave the state. Don't just ignore the mother's phone calls. Don't just skip on child support. No. Let's take the beautiful girl from her mother and most likely do something horrific.

I would love to have the hope that he gave Kate to someone. But that would require a plan, time, and someone else to cooperate who can't be tied to you for the police to track down.

I have little hope for this precious, innocent little baby girl.

I would consider that an option except there wasn't time for him to have lined up an adopter. Just that morning he had tried to get them into CPS, went straight to her home and he took off. If this had happened over a week's time, instead of under an hour, it would seem possible.

Guess that's so :( But the clothes being found.....I mean, why would he bother to undress her if he was just going to leave her in the woods to die, or toss her into a body of water....but if he were going to hand her off to someone, it would make more sense to toss her clothes out the window.....to make her less recognizable... sheesh, this is just so sad I can't stand it. Could it be he stashed her w/ someone he knew, just to get her away quickly that day so she couldn't get her DNA test...intending to give her away (or even sell her) later? Would have to be some kind of unsavory character that he knew wouldn't come forward maybe. I don't know....guess I'm grasping at straws. It really doesn't make sense that he just out and out killed her....I mean, he was the one that drove off w/ her and then she was gone....it's not like there could be any question who was responsible :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back