NY NY - Corrie Anderson, 36, Jamestown, 28 Oct 2008

Anderson Search Turns Up Suspicious Sites

http://www.post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/528683.html

POSTED: April 22, 2009

A suspicious-looking mound found during the community search led by 3 View Search Services on Saturday. The spot was marked and police were called to investigate.
Submitted photo by David Lohr

BUSTI - Three suspicious sites found during the community search for Corrie Anderson this past weekend have not yielded answers to help find the missing Busti mother.

Ms. Anderson was last seen at about 1:10 p.m. on Oct. 28, 2008, when she visited her boyfriend, Mike Samuelson, at the Lake County Dodge dealership on Washington Street in Jamestown.

Her mother reported her missing about 3:45 p.m. that day, when Corrie failed to show up at her son Zack's school for a meeting.

More than 200 people showed up in Ashville on Saturday to assist 3 View Search Services as they arrived as a last-minute replacement for Texas EquuSearch, which suddenly pulled out of the operation less than a week before the scheduled date.

''We are frustrated and disappointed that we didn't find the clues we wanted to, but (we are) hopeful that when we return and conduct a search our way, things will be different,'' said Mandy Albritton, family liaison for 3 View Search Services. ''We will come back this Saturday and begin aerial imaging and using other technologies all designed to help with this kind of situation. We have been invited back by the state police and are happy to be working with them.''

SUSPICIOUS SITES UNVEIL LITTLE

According to David Lohr, a member of 3 View Search Services, search groups identified three suspicious sites on Saturday and called in the authorities to investigate.

''They were all unusual mounds of earth - two were in Pennsylvania and the other was in New York,'' Lohr said. ''With the one in New York, the land owner said he had never seen it before and then the cadaver dogs hit on the spot, so we had good reason to believe it was something that needed to be looked at by police.''

New York and Pennsylvania state police were called to investigate the sites, and although both agencies worked to excavate and clear the areas for possible evidence, it appears as if nothing of substance was found.

''We have some stuff being processed but at this time, it doesn't appear to be anything overwhelming,'' said Greg Holt, investigator with the New York State Police. ''The group did search and clear a lot of areas though, and that was very beneficial to us.''

Ms. Albritton said that her group is constantly speaking with local authorities about the case and keeping them informed about their planned operations, which has created a healthy working relationship.

''When we return, we won't be rushed like we were when we stepped up last week at the last minute to help the family,'' she said. ''We will come in and do a search our way, and rest assured, we will do anything we can to help Corrie's family bring this horrible chapter to a close. The community has been so compassionate and helpful to the family and we can't say enough kind things about them. We are committed to this case.''

Holt said that the state police are still actively investigating the case and following up new leads every day.

''We're moving forward with this case, but it's a slow and long process, more so than anyone likes,'' he said. ''We are still hopeful that we will be able to first find Corrie and bring whoever is responsible to justice.''

Ms. Anderson's family is offering a $15,000 reward for information about her whereabouts or information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for her disappearance. The money is in addition to the rewards being offered by local CrimeStoppers agencies.

Anyone with any information about Ms. Anderson's disappearance or her whereabouts is asked to call the New York State Police at 665-3113, the Greater Buffalo Metropolitan Crime Stoppers at 856-5600, or the Warren County, Pa. Crime Stoppers at 800-83-CRIME (27463). All calls will be kept confidential and rewards can be collected anonymously.

For more information, visit www.findcorrie.com.

O/T- Yesterday, the nephew of Yolanda Bindics was hit by a car and killed. Timothy Bindics was only 4 years old. :( There is a picture of the baby boy on the site below.

http://www.post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/528667.html?nav=5009
Timothy L. Bindics

Article Photos
Timothy L. Bindics

Timothy L. Bindics, 4, of 103 Weeks St., Jamestown, died at 6:50 p.m., Monday (April 20, 2009), the result of an auto and pedestrian accident.

He was born in Jamestown, on Dec. 4, 2004, the son of Frank Bindics and Tiffany Sheehan.

He is survived by a brother, Frank Bindics Jr., and a sister, Cathrine Bindics; his maternal grand parents, Dennis and Joyce Sheehan; his paternal grandparents, Patricia and Imre Bindics; and several aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews also survives.

He was preceded in death by his aunt, Yolanda Bindics; and his uncle, Dennis Sheehan Jr.

A private graveside service will be held at Sunset Hill Cemetery. Friends will be received on Thursday from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. in the Hubert Funeral Home and Cremation Services.

His grandmother was on the news this AM. So sad.
The Yolanda Bindics website contains a list of other missing or unsolved crimes against women in this area.

How about sending in a brush hog, first?
People interested in continuing to search are supposed to register again on the findcorrie.com website, so I was told ...
There is a family member who knows the area pretty well and helped identify the most important sites ...

LOL! I kept looking for the "girl path" but couldn't find one. Maybe I'll stick to the edge of the roads. Ha!

I went to the site & didn't find anything about signing up again. Maybe we can get together and make plans. I do NOT want this to sit on the back burner!

I have been posting at Yahooo. Hard to stay on topic of JUST the search though. IMO you need a plausable theory to start with before you can go on a search. Check out my other postings (keysogal) at Yahoo.

Well, I guess they didn't want to post my theory at Yahoo so I will post it here.

I believe that the perp drove & parked their vehicle where the van was found. From there they walked to the house & waited for her to return home. They then put her in the van and drove to the perp's vehicle and left the van there.
I also believe that this was a "thought out" plan. IMO the perp then drove to someplace that was very familiar to them. I also believe that it would be their home or property they owned. This (IMO) would be a "safe" place that you could observe as well as to NOT allow any searches to take place as you are the authority...you are in charge of things.
The possibility of hunters finding remains in the woods would be a "loose end" and therefore would be a high risk to take. So, this leads me to believe that Ellery Center would be the most logical place. This is where I would start to look.

Any comments/ideas on this?

O/T- Yesterday, the nephew of Yolanda Bindics was hit by a car and killed. Timothy Bindics was only 4 years old. :( There is a picture of the baby boy on the site below.

http://www.post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/528667.html?nav=5009
Timothy L. Bindics

Article Photos
Timothy L. Bindics

Timothy L. Bindics, 4, of 103 Weeks St., Jamestown, died at 6:50 p.m., Monday (April 20, 2009), the result of an auto and pedestrian accident.

He was born in Jamestown, on Dec. 4, 2004, the son of Frank Bindics and Tiffany Sheehan.

He is survived by a brother, Frank Bindics Jr., and a sister, Cathrine Bindics; his maternal grand parents, Dennis and Joyce Sheehan; his paternal grandparents, Patricia and Imre Bindics; and several aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews also survives.

He was preceded in death by his aunt, Yolanda Bindics; and his uncle, Dennis Sheehan Jr.

A private graveside service will be held at Sunset Hill Cemetery. Friends will be received on Thursday from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. in the Hubert Funeral Home and Cremation Services.

Well, I guess they didn't want to post my theory at Yahoo so I will post it here.

I believe that the perp drove & parked their vehicle where the van was found. From there they walked to the house & waited for her to return home. They then put her in the van and drove to the perp's vehicle and left the van there.
I also believe that this was a "thought out" plan. IMO the perp then drove to someplace that was very familiar to them. I also believe that it would be their home or property they owned. This (IMO) would be a "safe" place that you could observe as well as to NOT allow any searches to take place as you are the authority...you are in charge of things.
The possibility of hunters finding remains in the woods would be a "loose end" and therefore would be a high risk to take. So, this leads me to believe that Ellery Center would be the most logical place. This is where I would start to look.

Any comments/ideas on this?
I don't think he'd put her on his land. With a search warrant, law enforcement could search his land, and that would tie him to the crime.
Is there no hunting in Ellery?

I don't think he'd put her on his land. With a search warrant, law enforcement could search his land, and that would tie him to the crime.
Is there no hunting in Ellery?

The land you are referring to has already been searched.

The land you are referring to has already been searched.

E.C. has been searched? Hmmm. Of the 3 most obvious places to look, I am just skeptical of how thourough a job was done. JMO.

So, pretty much that leaves us at square one. I find it hard to believe that there is no P.O.I. nor ANY information/leads in this case. The forensics should be back by now with some kind of clue as to what happened. I know that we (the general public) are not privy to the above information, but it sure would make searching a whole lot easier if we were to have some sort of clue.
There are thousands of acres in this county alone as well as the lake, swamps & etc. that are areas of possible search sites. It would be like looking for a needle in a haystack without some sort of direction.

I assume that TES did some mapping of this area and had ideas of "where" to search. Perhaps this is also true of 3 View. So do we then start at point A & search each area, eleminating them one by one? Does anyone know what the plans are for further searching? Other than an arial search/mapping?

Has there been any Missing posters placed in Lily Dale? If anyone lives near there, please take a couple posters to the Churches there as well as P.O. & etc. Ya never know. At this point I guess I am just frustrated & anxious to help any way I can.

Can you tell? I'm ready!

LOL! I kept looking for the "girl path" but couldn't find one. Maybe I'll stick to the edge of the roads. Ha!

I went to the site & didn't find anything about signing up again. Maybe we can get together and make plans. I do NOT want this to sit on the back burner!

I have been posting at Yahooo. Hard to stay on topic of JUST the search though. IMO you need a plausable theory to start with before you can go on a search. Check out my other postings (keysogal) at Yahoo.

Use the same sign-in as before, but put in the new date. I did it and several others that I know and it worked ...

Hey. I just felt the need to check in with the only group of people I know who might have an inkling of how heartbroken I am today. I can't stop crying. While I knew logically that we would likely not find Corrie, I guess my heart didn't.

If not for you guys, I'd have no one to express my sadness to. My family doesn't get it.
Thanks for listening!

I am so lost today, too.
Disappointed. Saddened. Frustrated. Angry.
We need to get people together to share this hurt.

Hugs to everyone. Some understand. Some aren't there yet.
I told someone today, that the people that I knew who searched, searched just as hard and serious as if it was our own mother, daughter, sister or child who was missing. I think that says something about the good guys...

Grieve. Heal. Use antibiotic ointment. Then we have to get ready to go again.
Even promoting leads for reward money. They can't stop women on a mission.

Both respectfully snipped-

Torsade/Karen/Live2Ride-

My heart is hurting for y'all; I had a feeling y'all were going to be grieving after this search. It's one of the injustices of this world, that those who love, and care the most, are also those that hurt the most when they give of their hearts to help others. (I said that in my e-mail replies to you, Live2Ride/Torsade, and that was before I read these posts.)

I feel so darn helpless over here in Alabama 'cause I really wish I could be there beside y'all, to physically help with the search. ...AND- to give each of you a hug, for all you've done from the goodness of your hearts! For it's your actions that serve to renew the rest of us with hope, for this world and for our future. A gazillion thanks wouldn't begin to come close in expressing what a gift and blessing it is to have HOPE fill my heart for this world...because of y'all!

However..there is great power in prayer and I WILL continue to pray for Corrie, her family, future searches and searchers, and of course, EACH OF YOU! Be gentle to yourselves and give yourself permission to cry, kick a wall, or fence or whatever way that works for you, while you grieve the hopes you held for the search this past weekend!

Hugs to ALL,
-your southern sis, Mish :blowkiss:

PS: And many thanks to you, Tichad3- you always find the most informative news articles, to keep everyone up-to-date with the latest developments! Sending you gentle hugs, too! :blowkiss:

-now I really AM off to bed! G'night everyone!

Thanks Mish. And you have to add Dave Lohr onto the list of "givers," since he's the guy who saved the search!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Old news, but in case you missed this:

I know this is old news now, but just in case anyone missed this:

[B]Texas group pulls out of search for Jamestown woman

4/17/09
BY KARA MURPHY

JAMESTOWN, N.Y. -- The search for Corrie Anderson will continue without the help of Texas EquuSearch.

The nonprofit search-and-rescue group, based in Texas, told Anderson's family this week it would not participate in this weekend's search for Anderson, 36. The mother of three has been missing since Oct. 29.

"We can't afford to pay for this search," said Carolyn Todd, who does administrative work for Texas EquuSearch. "We had to say no because we can't afford to do it."

The family has decided to go ahead with the effort regardless, said Laurie Keefe, Anderson's cousin.

"They said they had to pull out unless we paid for the entire search," Keefe said. "We just couldn't do that."

But Todd says Texas EquuSearch never told the family it had to pay for the search, which they estimated in a budget sent to Anderson's mother would cost about $10,000.

"We would never tell a family they had to pay," she said.

Todd said the organization was upfront with Anderson's family from the beginning that it did not have much funding.

She said the family indicated it would donate money to Texas EquuSearch through fundraisers, but has not done so.

Anderson's mother, Vicki Acquisto, said Thursday she planned to present Texas EquuSearch with a check at a dinner planned after the weekend search had ended.

She would not say how much the family planned to donate, but said it was more than several thousand dollars.

"They told us they were a nonprofit and they don't charge the family," Acquisto said. "There was never anything about, 'Can you give us this amount, or that amount?'"

Todd said she did inquire with the family about how much the organization could expect to receive in donations but never received a response.

She said the organization has already spent more than $3,000 in preparation for the search, including a three-day visit to the Jamestown area in March.

She also said the maps of areas they planned to search, and information developed about the case during their involvement with the Anderson case has been passed along to investigators and the family.

"Our intent was good. We just can't afford it now," Todd said.

Acquisto said she wants to put the rift between the family and Texas EquuSearch behind her and instead concentrate on this weekend's search.

"The point is trying to find Corrie," she said. "That is our goal. To find Corrie."

Volunteers can meet Saturday and Sunday at the Ashville, N.Y., Fire Department training grounds, 2118 Magnolia Ave. Searches will start at 7 a.m. and continue throughout the daylight hours.

For more information, visit www.findcorrie.com.
[/B]

Big story about Corrie tonight on Channel 2 News at 11:00 PM. For non-local WSs, its www.WGRZ.com. Its going to be INTERESTING for sure!!

Live2Ride

Well done piece, for sure. Answers soon? Gosh, I hope so!

Hey gang! I missed the news. Can anyone tell me what was reported? Thanks!
I am hoping that there will be some kind of info coming out soon. Sigh. This is so frustrating just sitting here doing nothing. Are there any plans for taking a hike in the woods? Sign me up! I am available any day of the week so just let me know.
I looked at the astrology thread & it was interesting. I posted on Yahoo about this...to someone who wrote it. LOL! DUH! Of course I did a map search for some of the key words in that thread & didn't find anything. Guess I'm not a good WS'er. The only RED thing I could find was Cherry Hill/Rd.
Can anyone do a map with a 5 mile & 7 mile radius marked on it? I am NOT pc savy. It would be nice to have a map like that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back