AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't ever stop praying for Gabriel until he's found. But I'm having a really hard time keeping up hope for him to be found alive this morning. I keep going back and forth on whether or not I think he's alive. I don't know why I'm so down about it today. Just the tiniest mention of him, or thought of him brings tears to my eyes. This little boy has captured my heart and I can't stop following this case until I know what's happened to him. But this one is killing me. I think about baby Gabe everytime I look at my own 8 1/2 month old son, and it breaks my heart over and over again. I just don't understand how a mother could say she killed her little baby or hand him away to people she doesn't even know (or barely knows). I keep looking at the pictures of Gabe in the hotel, and wondering if Elizabeth loved on him and spent quality time with him there, knowing she wouldn't see him again. Did she take the pictures, knowing they would be her last memento's of him (whether he's alive or not)? But then I remind myself that she doesn't seem to feel the way about her child that I feel about mine. I'm having a hard time reconciling those very different feelings. And I get so angry. Gabe looks like such a sweet, funny little baby boy. I'm so angry for what's happened to him. Even if he's found alive and brought back to his daddy, someday he will know this happened to him. My heart's just broken.

I'm still praying for you baby boy. God watch over you and bring you home safe.

I agree. She was also acting like "duh, Tammi, you know all this" Like none of it's a big deal and Tammi knows that.

Also she said in that interview something like

"what I did this before and everyone was proud of me"

did she give a baby up before?
I don't think she gave up a baby before, I think she's talking about when she gave Gabriel to the Smiths how they were proud of her and made her out to be a martyr.

I will look for it online later, too. My daughter told me that LE was saying there is now a homicide investigation because they have no idea where to go with the case.

Morning NewMommy, Everybody,

I know exactly how you feel! It tears my heart out that every day he is still missing the likelihood of finding a happy and well baby Gabriel decreases. I think what really did it for me was the interview with the hotel babysitter. I believe in my heart that EJ started off on the run with some help and or plan from the Smith's, something went haywire and then she just lost it and did something horrible to him. I sadly believe that she did not expect Logan to run to the police with the text message and it may have just been the straw that broke the camels back. JMHO

I knew the very first time I saw the Smiths that something was off about them. They are involved I believe in other schemes and crimes etc. IMO

I am still holding out some hope, and praying for him every day! Where is Gabriel?

I will look for it online later, too. My daughter told me that LE was saying there is now a homicide investigation because they have no idea where to go with the case.

Aweee..............sadly my DH felt it was headed in this direction too. :furious:

Newmommy:

I am not a firm believer that every woman should have kids. Some people aren't meant to have a child. Not all are crazy, that's just the way it is. A lot of experts tend to think that there is some miracle experience that happens once you have a baby and poof you are a loving nuturing mom. No, I disagree. IMO being a mother is not just a natural process. It's more than that. You have to want to have a kid. Personally, when I was younger I didn't want a child at all! Really, I could probably go my whole life and not have kids. I never heard my biological clock ticking.

I'm pregnant now, but my husband loves children so here I am preggers. I'm 33. Not all women want or need to be mothers. Our society has beat motherhood into our brains and that idea has allowed crazy, unfit, horrible parents to get chance after chance to mistreat their kids.

IMO bio parenrs have all the rights until abuse or neglect settles in. After that, all rights need to be terminated. Also more education about birth control and more empasis on adoption or abortion. If you don't want a kid don't get pregnant. It's that easy.

I just searched http://www.martindale.com and found no record of any attorney in Tennessee with the last name of Morris using Janet as either a first or middle name.

Janet Morris is on Tammi's FB as friend. If you go to Janet's page, there is post from Tammi on 10/15 that asks: "Are you still working on adoptions?". IMO, she is no attorney!

I don't understand how they are going to go forward with a homicide investigation unless they have something ANYTHING to go on in this case. It doesn't appear to be much out there in the way of a direction. Are they just hoping that the homicide investigators are better detectives and can find SOMETHING? Anything? Maybe it is just my lack of information about what it takes to open an investigation but if they don't even have enough to know WHERE to look...

Are they doing this to put the pressure on Elizabeth and hopefully Tammi?

As far as Elizabeth's lawyer why haven't they made some kind of deal?

Thinking with my fingers, could Tammi have this baby some where, Elizabeth did everything that Tammi told her to do because if not Gabe was going to be hurt, now EJ is taking the fall because she is afraid that Gabe will be hurt if not? I mean I understand she had fits of rage and made threats, but did she really HATE the kid. If she is bipolar how much of those fits and threats had to do with that?

I have also been thinking that if she killed Gabe during a fit or whatever I don't think she would have just given him a large dose of medicine (as we have talked about). It would have taken to long. She would have done something spir of the moment like Andrea Yates did, drowned five children in the bathtub. And when they do that don't they normally feel some kind of remorse after the fact and make a phone call trying to get help?

Just a thought.

I don't understand how they are going to go forward with a homicide investigation unless they have something ANYTHING to go on in this case. It doesn't appear to be much out there in the way of a direction. Are they just hoping that the homicide investigators are better detectives and can find SOMETHING? Anything? Maybe it is just my lack of information about what it takes to open an investigation but if they don't even have enough to know WHERE to look...

Unless they have something they haven't released, it would be a circumstantial evidence/no body case. There have been others. The biggest evidence they have right now is a very strong one - Elizabeth's statements to Logan.

So they charge her with murder, point to those statements, and her defense would have to come with some huge magic.

Hopefully no matter the charges, she'll confess what she did with Gabriel, no matter what that was, in return for a plea deal.

It's more important to me that he be found, and that we know what happened to him, than that she get the most severe punishment possible.

Good morning, friends. Just logging in. Don't know if this has already been posted. If so, I apologise.

Baby Gabriel Was 'Acting Scared'
Babysitter Says Something Wasn't Right as New Photos of Gabriel Released
Jan. 18, 2010

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/baby-gabriel-johnsons-babysitter-speaks-photos-released/story?id=9587297

ETA: There's a video on the homepage. I can't seem to get a direct link. It's about the middle of the page:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA

They interviewed Eliz on the phone, although no audio of it

Unless they have something they haven't released, it would be a circumstantial evidence/no body case. There have been others. The biggest evidence they have right now is a very strong one - Elizabeth's statements to Logan.

So they charge her with murder, point to those statements, and her defense would have to come with some huge magic.

Hopefully no matter the charges, she'll confess what she did with Gabriel, no matter what that was, in return for a plea deal.

It's more important to me that he be found, and that we know what happened to him, than that she get the most severe punishment possible.
They can't use the confession without something else right from the beginning.
A confession, especially a murder confession has to accompanied by evidence, or they can't even bring it up. That is my understanding anyway, so there has to be something for evidence for murder charges. However, her confession is enough to start the murder investigation.

EDIT: I agree. If he comes home, I am happy to let the system sort it all out from there.

They can't use the confession without something else right from the beginning.
A confession, especially a murder confession has to accompanied by evidence, or they can't even bring it up. That is my understanding anyway, so there has to be something for evidence for murder charges. However, her confession is enough to start the murder investigation.

Ah okay. I should have said, IANAL. :)

In that GMA video, they say that they talked to Eliz, and she told them she stands by her story that she gave Gabriel to the couple as described to Tammi.

I was talking to a friend that happens to be an attorney, he had NG on in the background and I asked if he was following the case, and he said he was. He's the one that said that without some evidence, the confession means nothing. He could be wrong, or I could have misunderstood. (He starts to speak lawyer and my eyes glaze over...)

So, admittedly, I am just parroting what I was told as far as the confession.

I just want Gabriel to come home, this whole thing is ridiculous. I am starting to fear that the plan was for him to stay hidden and maybe none of the players we are seeing now actually know where he went from the hotel. That prospect doesn't seem to bother any of them,either.

Sorry if I missed this, but would someone please confirm or deny for me the new report that the Smith's FAILED their polygraphs?

I thought it was initially reported that the tests came back "inconclusive."

holy carp, I go to bed and you guys uncover a gem

is that really her record???

wow, bet she'll blame it all on her ex though

She may do that -- but after she trashed Logan, CC, TW on their records, and IMO she probably has one as long or longer than theirs, she should just shut up and admit to her own

There are so many patterns and way too many coincidences for me to say that this woman does not thave more to do with Gabe's disappearance than she's admitting to--

I really believe that by putting pressure on her LE can find out which direction to go to look for Gabriel

Can we believe anything she says?

Thanks for posting this transcript, mamaeb. I think this interview is very important. I asked a while back if Janet Morris is an attorney because I don't think that she is. So why is Tammi asking Janet, an adoption agent, to give EJ legal advice instead of having a lawyer do it?

In another NG, Tammi said she called Janet and her attorney - 2 people - did we ever find out who that other person is that she called?

ETA:

TAMMI SMITH: I had a friend in Nashville that works with attorneys call her and plea to her to come back here to Arizona to court on Monday. I had my attorney call her and plea to her to come back here and go to court on that Monday, so — yes.

http://hiderefer.com/?http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1001/08/ng.01.html

Okay I'm all caught up.

I would like to officially announce that I no longer have a clue in Hades wth is going on in this case.

All I know is that I want to know what happened to Gabriel, and atm, I'm feeling like I have to go back to the beginning and start all over again. Either that or get a colonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304