Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive went back pulled news records on RM and ST she did pick him from a line up at MB police dept

Police say Massey picked Shaun Taylor out of lineup, and police continue to seek information about the two additional men

.http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=488808&sms_ss=facebook

I don't know now RoseC...guess the question would be what day did she pick him out? The 21st when it was reported? And if it was in person can they just go and pick someone up to come participate in a line up? If he was there in person, why didnt they question him then and continue on to an arrest right there? Maybe they had to let him go until they could verify somehow he was in MB that exact time of the offense...They get that and then it is enough for probable cause for a search/arrest warrant and they go to his house on Monday the 26th, he's not there...two days later he turns himself in...? Phone records should tell where he went during that time, in fact ALL the time between the 21st and turning himself in...follow that and maybe we'll find that van too. It's no doubt been dumped/burned by now.

$7,000 and he can walk the streets again. Free to go around as many young tourist as he wants. It's not like he has a history, nor does his family members have a history. Then we don't hear from him again until Septemeber. I hope Dawn takes this story back to the national media again and I am sure she will. People need to be aware of what's going on down there.

from what my friend told me he turn hiself in early wednesday i guess from how he stated it that it was did threw tele-conff from her state TN to MB by video cast they lined up about 6-8 guys she picked him out,this told to me by le officer,,but thats all i can say,,,,,

(((((

Taylor faces up to 40 years in prison if convicted on both charges, Long said.

"I've never seen the person," Taylor said when given a chance to speak. "I wasn't in the area."

He did not eneter a plea, though, as the hearing was just to set a bond for his potential release prior to the trial.

When he heard that Myrtle Beach police wanted him, he said he called the police department seven times and then drove there to turn himself in.

"I didn't try to hide anything because I know it wasn't me," he said.

Myrtle Beach police Detective Lester Cook asked Long to set a high bail because authorities believe that Taylor, if released, could be a potential danger to the community.

Read more: http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/07/29/1609063/bond-hearing-set-for-man-charged.html#ixzz0v5fMny9u

The only shot we have at Brittanee news is to get those charges to stick and give him a bargain.

Well All Hail The, ahem, grand strand! I just have a feeling that this is all being downplayed. I am upset at the, IMO 'low' bond amount!....in spite of the fact that this man (and his minions) are a potential danger to unsuspecting tourists. I hope DD does go national with this!

Makes me wish that I could create a flyer with an illustration of the 'rape van', the composite photo, ST's mug shot, and photos of the vehicle found to be connected to a murder in CC, and a photo of the vehicle registered to ST, etc, etc........then.......

.....stand on a street corner in MB and pass them out to tourists. (I would probably be arrested for such, is what i expect)

Sorry, I am just mad and venting.....Am logging off for awhile to take a deep breath...

Prayers for Britt and the Drexel family at this time.

Moo

wm

I can tell you right now, that based on how I have seen the Drexel case handled, I will never, ever allow *any* of my children to go to MB, and I myself no longer have any interest going there. I've had my fill of "cover ups" to last a lifetime, I'm not going to choose to go to a place that puts money before safety (though I know MB is not alone in this practice). Just my opinion -- but -- truly, I am disheartened by the handling of BD's case and others in that area.

p.s. before anyone jumps me, I'm not saying Britannee's case was/is a "cover up," but I think there has been a pattern of minimizing and somewhat hiding crime issues in this area. Peace out.

Well All Hail The, ahem, grand strand! I just have a feeling that this is all being downplayed. I am upset at the, IMO 'low' bond amount!....in spite of the fact that this man (and his minions) are a potential danger to unsuspecting tourists. I hope DD does go national with this!

Makes me wish that I could create a flyer with an illustration of the 'rape van', the composite photo, ST's mug shot, and photos of the vehicle found to be connected to a murder in CC, and a photo of the vehicle registered to ST, etc, etc........then.......

.....stand on a street corner in MB and pass them out to tourists. (I would probably be arrested for such, is what i expect)

Sorry, I am just mad and venting.....Am logging off for awhile to take a deep breath...

Prayers for Britt and the Drexel family at this time.

Moo

wm

A-freakin-men!!!!! I had to sign in to respond to this WM since I feel exactly the same way. And ITA with you too Doc. I don't have a good feeling about this that it will lead to or resolve anything. I am of the opinion that LE down there doesn't want this resolved! Sweep it under the rug....ignore it....maybe people will forget and it will go away. That sounds cynical, I know, but at the same time..........it sorta has "gone away" recently hasn't it? IMO And if these guys are the POI that LE referred to in BD case, then I guess not naming them or pressuring them didn't work out so well since they tried to abduct another girl!!! Thank God she got away!! Can you imagine if she didn't and she disappeared too? I think that makes me sicker than anything. I hope she, and DD, SCREAM from the rooftops about this!! IMHO, MOO, and all that stuff.

I agree, been warn to be careful in posting, so im lay low for awhile,ill be here .but i now dont feel the females down here in this area can be safe,,

RoseC & Doc, I respect the insight from you both. I will try and pipe down. Thank you for your contributions and gentle guidance.

RocNYchick, thank you! I am glad that I'm not the only one who is upset right now. I think the only way Britt will ever get justice is if we all continue to scream from the rooftops! National awareness would certainly put some pressure on LE to get this solved.

The info we have learned from newsmedia since just yesterday regarding these missing/murdered young women and the potential ties to this perp is mind boggling.

I am waiting with my breath held in horror to learn that ST has bonded out by the end of business today.

All MOO. BBL..

wm

ITA Rose. Not just in MB, but I don't feel safe anywhere. How can I after BD goes "poof"? Or Kyron Horman goes "poof" from his school? Especially in this day and age where big brother is everywhere. I mean there are cameras and cell phones and texting and pinging and all that stuff, yet people can vanish into thin air? And in the attempted abduction in MB last week, there were people there that did nothing? I think that makes it even scarier! WS has made me more cognizant and aware of my surroundings, but at the same time I am more fearful. And also because of the fact that these people disappeared yet it seems that LE has no clue what happened!! And if they do, I'm sorry, but I am of the firm belief that they need to TELL THE PUBLIC what is going on!! I don't buy the whole keeping it close to the vest to protect the investigation....sorry, but there is (or should be) an obligation to protect, or at least inform the public so they can protect themselves. IF, and its an IF, this guy was POI, then the puiblic should have been told! Like WM said above, people could have been on the lookout, ya know? This whole thing really bothers and scares me. JMO, IMO, MOO and all that stuff.

I agree with you, if this guys out already (im sure he is) then i fear no female will be safe in MB,Gtown, areas, this so not right,yes i to feel public needs to be made notice of these guys,,myself or my family,freinds wont be going to mb for awhile,this so not real ,,,its very scary,,,,

O/T - Thanks for quoting me Rose...I thought my post was "lost in space" WS was acting funny when I was posting it!

I was wondering something: did the girl who was almost abducted last week know anything about BD missing?

O/T - Thanks for quoting me Rose...I thought my post was "lost in space" WS was acting funny when I was posting it!

I was wondering something: did the girl who was almost abducted last week know anything about BD missing?

yep i was having trouble getting login back in on WS for few min,,,,but ok now,

yes i think girl did or heard of bd story due she stated that she feared she been lost and missing like drexel girl,so i took for granted she heard of bd case,,

yep i was having trouble getting login back in on WS for few min,,,,but ok now,

yes i think girl did or heard of bd story due she stated that she feared she been lost and missing like drexel girl,so i took for granted she heard of bd case,,

Ah, ok, thanks. I was just curious.

The reporter that gave the breaking story has added a post to the comment section on photo of temp kidnapper:::: read below

Graeme Moore said: 22 minutes ago
I'd like to clear something up that has apparently caused some confusion. Police released only one sketch after last week's attempted abduction. There were a total of three men, according to police, so the sketch released may be of one of the other suspects. In fact, police have not purported that Shaun Taylor is the man in the sketch that was made public. According to them, the woman picked Taylor out of a photo lineup. To the best of my knowledge, no one identified Shaun Taylor based on the sketch. Graeme Moore WPDE NewsChannel 15

This is going to be a bit long so bear with me...my comments are my opinion only.

1.The reporter asks him if he has heard Brittanee's name, he responds "I see it a lot on TV"....DD says she has heard his name during the initial investigation, a woman close to Taylor says he was questioned about Brittenee, but there was no evidence. That statement, if untrue, may put the heat on him during questioning...

2. The reporter asks him if he was in MB last week, he says "Not exactly MB" is what I heard him say. Yet, the victim picked him out of a photo lineup. Do we know what his aliby is?

3. He turns himself in...LE confiscates a stolen truck, which they believe was used in a murder.

4. He has his own lawyer...do we know exactly what he does for a living? I would be curious is there is a paper trail of his paychecks...

5. DD and the reporters state that he is associated with the other men that are POI's in Brittanee's disapperance.

6. He has a lawyer...and his lawyer allowed him to talk to reporters?!?!

7. The blue van and the 2 other men have not been located. What else do we know about the van?

8. Searches for Brittanee were conducted very close to his home.

9. The guy's got a rap sheet a mile long.

There are some very bizarre coincidences here.

Rose...who warned you about posting on this site? I want to contribute to ideas, etc., but I don't want to break any rules...

I don't know now RoseC...guess the question would be what day did she pick him out? The 21st when it was reported? And if it was in person can they just go and pick someone up to come participate in a line up? If he was there in person, why didnt they question him then and continue on to an arrest right there? Maybe they had to let him go until they could verify somehow he was in MB that exact time of the offense...They get that and then it is enough for probable cause for a search/arrest warrant and they go to his house on Monday the 26th, he's not there...two days later he turns himself in...? Phone records should tell where he went during that time, in fact ALL the time between the 21st and turning himself in...follow that and maybe we'll find that van too. It's no doubt been dumped/burned by now.

You were right it was from a photo not in real person,im sorry but reporter just confirmed that rm picked st from a photo not a line up,,please forgive me :)

Great post VirginiaDoll (O/T I had abbreviated your SN to VD, then looked at it and thought better of it, lol)

ITA agree with your observations. The thing that is throwing me is that he turned himself in. Doesn't that seem strange (for lack of a better word)? And also that the bond is so low? MHO.

RoseC, I thought the same thing about the sunglasses. I've heard of cases where a male will commit a crime and give his significant other possessions that belonged to the victims. Were they designer glasses or just look-a-likes?

this sound crazy but i never heard of name these sun glasses tilll bd,but paper states they are::::: pair of Prada knock-off designer sunglasses
news said they are like ones bd had on last they seen her,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member