NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobbisangel said:
<snip>

I wonder if there have been other young women disappear like Maura in that area or state? If the killer is a stalker Maura wouldn't be his first victim.

<snip>

Brianna Maitland, a 19 year old went missing just about a month after Maura vanished. She went missing in VT, but the drive time between the two locations is about an hour.

Also, on Websleuths, in the Missing/Located Forum Discussion under the thread Missing young women in NH (
multipage.gif
1 2 3 4 ) this link http://community-2.webtv.net/SilkyBoxerz/MissingPersons/ to a NH and VT area map is posted which shows the following:

16 Missing Persons

54 Unsolved Murders

I wish there was a way I could light a fire under LE in the area........just recently LE turned away Equusearch in the Brianna Maitland case because they said they had new leads. http://www.thechamplainchannel.com/news/4831162/detail.html

LE has not worked with either the Murray or Maitland families in either state.

How sad :(

How outrageous :furious:

Bobbisangel said:
<snip>

I wonder if there have been other young women disappear like Maura in that area or state? If the killer is a stalker Maura wouldn't be his first victim.

<snip>

Brianna Maitland, a 19 year old went missing just about a month after Maura vanished. She went missing in VT, but the drive time between the two locations is about an hour.

Also, on Websleuths, in the Missing/Located Forum Discussion under the thread Missing young women in NH (
multipage.gif
1 2 3 4 ) this link http://community-2.webtv.net/SilkyBoxerz/MissingPersons/ to a NH and VT area map is posted which shows the following:

16 Missing Persons

54 Unsolved Murders

I wish there was a way I could light a fire under LE in the area........just recently LE turned away Equusearch in the Brianna Maitland case because they said they had new leads. http://www.thechamplainchannel.com/news/4831162/detail.html

I remember the man feeling comfortable, like he had done this a million times. When I heard about Brianna Maitland my first thought was "oh crap, he got her too." I can see him still. Feel him like I know him (even though I don't). I can still feel every emotion and sensation. It is really cold and his heater doesn't work very well. His car is messy and it is an older model car, brown like a 1980's 4 door. He is younger, mid 30s maybe, I don't know, I am afraid to say anymore because I still don't know if any of this is real or not. And if it isn't then I don't want to upset anyone. My gut tells me how the whole thing ended but I don't want to say because of the reason I stated above. The one thing I know for sure is that she was not drunk when she was driving. She wasn't running away for good. She just needed a break and had every intention of coming back. She took her books so that she could study in peace.

I remember the man feeling comfortable, like he had done this a million times. When I heard about Brianna Maitland my first thought was "oh crap, he got her too." I can see him still. Feel him like I know him (even though I don't). I can still feel every emotion and sensation. It is really cold and his heater doesn't work very well. His car is messy and it is an older model car, brown like a 1980's 4 door. He is younger, mid 30s maybe, I don't know, I am afraid to say anymore because I still don't know if any of this is real or not. And if it isn't then I don't want to upset anyone. My gut tells me how the whole thing ended but I don't want to say because of the reason I stated above. The one thing I know for sure is that she was not drunk when she was driving. She wasn't running away for good. She just needed a break and had every intention of coming back. She took her books so that she could study in peace.

I usually don't believe the psychic posts either, but like another poster said, it seems possible that this is what happened to Maura! Yikes it's kind of creepy to think about.

I usually don't believe the psychic posts either, but like another poster said, it seems possible that this is what happened to Maura! Yikes it's kind of creepy to think about.

Peabody said:

multipage.gif

16 Missing Persons

54 Unsolved Murders

An hours time between where the two girls lived isn't much time at all if you are a stalker who drives around looking for someone to grab. Probably a person who likes to drive and likes to catch young girls out where no one is around where they are especially vulnerable.

You would think that LE would grab onto any help that they can get. But to turn down help!!!!! You know, some LE are really on the ball and they jump right in there and don't stop. It seems that the majority aren't like that though. Unless there is a trail of blood leading to a body they don't suspect foul play. That is just ignorant when the person has left all of their belongings behind and they have never just taken off before...have loving parents that they are close to and communicate with often. Jennifer W. was an exception to the rule and her stunt has probably made it even worse for missing young people.

If I had had detectives who just blew me off I think I would have torn the PD apart just out of frustration. That has to be such a helpless feeling. I honestly don't know how these parents maintain. The letter that Maura's dad wrote to the gov just broke my heart. Did he ever get any response? I think some LE want everyone else to do all of the work in an investigation but we don't have the resources that they do for pity sake. If we did, we sure as heck wouldn't need their useless azzes. "To Serve and Protect!!!!" Who are most LE surving and protecting anyway :furious:

Peabody said:

multipage.gif

16 Missing Persons

54 Unsolved Murders

An hours time between where the two girls lived isn't much time at all if you are a stalker who drives around looking for someone to grab. Probably a person who likes to drive and likes to catch young girls out where no one is around where they are especially vulnerable.

You would think that LE would grab onto any help that they can get. But to turn down help!!!!! You know, some LE are really on the ball and they jump right in there and don't stop. It seems that the majority aren't like that though. Unless there is a trail of blood leading to a body they don't suspect foul play. That is just ignorant when the person has left all of their belongings behind and they have never just taken off before...have loving parents that they are close to and communicate with often. Jennifer W. was an exception to the rule and her stunt has probably made it even worse for missing young people.

If I had had detectives who just blew me off I think I would have torn the PD apart just out of frustration. That has to be such a helpless feeling. I honestly don't know how these parents maintain. The letter that Maura's dad wrote to the gov just broke my heart. Did he ever get any response? I think some LE want everyone else to do all of the work in an investigation but we don't have the resources that they do for pity sake. If we did, we sure as heck wouldn't need their useless azzes. "To Serve and Protect!!!!" Who are most LE surving and protecting anyway :furious:

It's ridiculous that an organized group like Equusearch has to have the "permission" of LE to look for someone when the family obviously would be thrilled with the help. I can understand if it's a case where there are lots of searches going on, or LE is afraid of non-professionals stomping all over a crime scene obliterating evidence. But we're talking 17-18 months here with no apparent leads.

It's ridiculous that an organized group like Equusearch has to have the "permission" of LE to look for someone when the family obviously would be thrilled with the help. I can understand if it's a case where there are lots of searches going on, or LE is afraid of non-professionals stomping all over a crime scene obliterating evidence. But we're talking 17-18 months here with no apparent leads.

She and Brianna are together, with three other women who were taken before them. He has not stopped, he is just waiting for winter to come again. LE needs to look for worker in a ski area, somewhere where people are only there during the winter months. Just a thought.

She and Brianna are together, with three other women who were taken before them. He has not stopped, he is just waiting for winter to come again. LE needs to look for worker in a ski area, somewhere where people are only there during the winter months. Just a thought.

CaliKid said:

I think it's crazy they need permission! I mean come on, if they're trying to help out and are experienced....grr it's frustrating!

CaliKid said:

I think it's crazy they need permission! I mean come on, if they're trying to help out and are experienced....grr it's frustrating!

I think they are afraid to let then come look becuase they may actaully find more than they have! :chicken:

I think they are afraid to let then come look becuase they may actaully find more than they have! :chicken:

CrimeHater said:

Hey I think you may be right, unfortunately :(

CrimeHater said:

Hey I think you may be right, unfortunately :(

I think you hit the mark on that one. I wonder if there is anything we can do to push them? Has anyone contacted any of the FoxNews people?

I think you hit the mark on that one. I wonder if there is anything we can do to push them? Has anyone contacted any of the FoxNews people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member