GUILTY CA - Gavin Smith, 57, Oak Park, 1 May 2012

Well, once again I will say, it just baffles me how the urgency seems to have left the family where finding Gavin is concerned. Evan didn't even say Happy Father's Day to him on his twitter page. The sister hasn't said much on her Facebook. No updates on the FindGavin.com website…and never has been any.

Strange behavior. Evan just seems angry at Gavin in his cryptic posts.

Doesn't baffle me as the timeline of the silence coincides with their meeting with LE mid-May, just as the 1st Creech search warrant would've been executed. By Father's Day, June 17, the second Creech warrant had been executed. If anything, the silence lends itself to them having knowledge he may no longer be living, IMO. :(. I can't fault them whatsoever for not wanting to splash their pain and conflicting, intense emotions on the net. The media has jumped all over Evan's comments: that had to hurt and be frustrating. Gavin's still been in the media and LE's still working on it.

Not strange in my mind. First off, there appears to be only two possibilities.

He just walked away to start a new life somewhere without any notice or good-bye OR it seems he may have gone out and gotten killed in a love triangle and/or drug deal after moving out of the family home as his son reported. Why wouldn't they be angry? Sad, but also very angry, IMO.

Evan tweeted recently, "Your just somebody that I used to know." And we can only guess who he was addressing in that tweet. If I were his wife, I would be livid with anger, but also very heart-sick and devastated. One emotion does not negate the other.

Yes, sad and angry are often coinhabitants of abandonment and betrayal, and grief.

BBM. This is actually a really popular song and video right now. This is the title and chorus line. Could be a veiled message to someone, a thought about what's happened, or just a young man pointing out a cool video/song (duet) to his friends. I vote #3.

Gotye's 'Somebody That I Used to Know' Video has 170 Million Views and Sells 4.5 Million!

The song, written by Gotye, a Belgian/Australian alternative rocker, has sold nearly 4.5 million copies and the video (above) has been viewed on YouTube almost 170 million times. Take that, KONY 2012!

According to Billboard, “With the “Glee” cast having performed its version of the song on the Fox series’ April 10 episode and Gotye and Kimbra having sung “Somebody” on NBC’s “Saturday Night Live” on April 14, the track sold 542,000 downloads in the April 9-15 tracking period, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
link

Lol, I'm officially getting old. Hadn't even heard of this and it's apparently everywhere with 170 million views. There's a video at the link. Great song & vid! Looks like a ton of people have been sharing & tweeting it.

This type of scrutiny may be why we don't see much online activity from the Smith family. Praying for strength and hope, answers and justice for you guys, Smith family. :grouphug:

gavin-smith-image1.png

Vehicle: 2000 Mercedes 420E, black, has padded storage racks on roof, tinted windows, model numbers on vehicle changed to E500, California License #6EKT044. (from missing poster link

The department also has conducted searches of undisclosed areas on horseback, on foot and with fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters. “We’ve searched canyons and roads; we’ve searched towns,” Whitmore said.
link 2

“It kind of stands out that his car hasn’t been found,” he said. “Usually, cars like that would show up.”
link

Where is Gavin's car? We've discussed there are a lot of ways it could be hidden, disposed of, etc but I agree with the detective - seems odd it hasn't been spotted. I hope people are still keeping an eye out for it.

For anyone jumping in here late, just wanted to confirm that Gavin has not been seen since he left his friend's house May 1.

Whitmore said a tip that the 6-foot-6 Smith had been spotted in a Morro Bay, Calif., restaurant turned out to be erroneous. The potential lead received widespread media coverage. “It was not an accurate sighting,” he said. “With each lead, when [detectives] confirm it is not credible, they clear it. That’s what they did with Morro Bay.”
From Link 2 in above post

Now I ask you, could they be more of a California surfer family? LOL

The more I think about Gavin's car not being found, the more I think he headed to Mexico. I wonder if the cops were able to contact the border crossing and go through the surveillance footage around the time he disappeared?

If he did go to Mexico, he will very likely try to settle near the water since he obviously loves to surf. If he wasn't paying his mortgage, and socking away the money, he might be able to live very well in Mexico for some time.

I believe they have license plate readers at the Border. I think if he had driven across the Mexico border they would know it already....

Still wondering where he (and his car) are hiding out :)

There is an almost unbelievable amount of people walking and driving over the border. From what I hear, they aren't to strict about going south (??? not sure if true)
But anyways, regarding plate readers- it would be a good idea to steal a plate/ use some other plate to get over. Pretty easy thing to do. That way if LE ever checks, your plate number doesn't come up.

John Creech is a drug trafficker, and we found bills of lading for overseas shipments. He has many avenues for potentially hiding, dismantling, or getting rid of a car.

I followed McDermott's story. There were signs he staged it. The way he broke it off with Newton-John and this, for example:

He is said to have emptied two bank accounts containing his life savings before disappearing.
link

There is no indication Gavin voluntarily disappeared. LE has said they've found nothing indicating that. With two search warrants issued at the Creech residence, dogs, and CSI spending 5 hours in the house, unfortunately it appears LE is leaning toward foul play.

I'd rather him be alive for his and his family's sake, but it sure doesn't look that way. I don't think it's fair or right for anyone to critique his wife's grief or imply her involvement in his disappearance.

I was thinking about the five hour search today with crime scene techs. Seems they must've gathered some potential forensic evidence during that time. Wonder if any reporters have asked LE about that. LE may be waiting for test results. Perhaps that's part of Creech's sentencing delay?

The home of John and Chandrika Creech was searched by forensic and homicide detectives at least two times last month.

Thursday evening, CBS2 and KCAL9 reporter Rob Schmitt spoke to Smith’s wife off-camera. He asked if she believed the Creech’s might be involved in her husband’s disappearance. She replied she didn’t know.

[Gavin's sister] added, “It’s hard for me to imagine somebody would want to hurt him. But at the same time, every day that goes by I lose a little bit of hope that he is alive because I don’t think he would just walk away.”
link

Websleuths is a victim friendly site, this includes Gavin's wife and family.

They can be discussed only in the context of what we know to be facts.

Thank you.
Ima

:what: !!!!

John Creech was scheduled to be sentenced on a single count of selling and transporting more than 4 kilograms of cocaine, but the sentencing was postponed until July 26 at his attorney's request. Creech, who had been free on his own recognizance, was taken into custody without bail.

He was picked up by Glendale police in a February 2010 drug bust, when he sold bricks of cocaine to a man whose car also contained more than 2,500 oxycodone tablets, police said. Authorities searched Creech's business and home and found methamphetamine, 25 pounds of packaged marijuana, a digital money counter, a pay and owe ledger, and more than $75,000 in cash. He admitted to police that he is a middle-man between drug producers and lower-level street dealers. He was charged with six drug felonies and later pleaded no contest to one count of selling and transporting cocaine.
link

Wow. On many levels.

4 kilos of coke is a lot. Check out the street values here.

Look at the list of items they found in 2010! I don't think there's any way Chandrika could've been unaware of this. I'm surprised CPS didn't take the two girls. Why let John stay in the house, or not leave yourself??

They searched his business? There's a physical location beyond the mailbox store we located earlier? Wonder where the biz is!

This the first I've seen that Creech's attorney requested sentencing be postponed. :waitasec: Wonder if that's accurate? Why would his attorney request that if it now means his client is held in jail without bail? Would he have been remanded into custody anyway upon sentencing?

House Searched in Missing Executive Case : Video - ABC 7

Video I hadn't seen. More pics of Gavin and his car. Video of Creech search. Shows gate around home and security front door on home, officers with gloves, Lt Dolson comments.

Another video re search

A couple interviews with neighbors, more pics of large police presence during search, video cameras Creeches installed on their home. Hm. Wonder if anything was found on video, or if there's a gap in recordings for that night. Neighbor said about 6 months ago, there was a notice on the door of the Creech home warning water about to be shut off, and John's Hummer was gone.

Wow. That is a lot of coke. Also 75,000 dollars ain't too shabby either. Why was Gavin (family man despite recent troubles as well as a professional person in a long time job) involved with these people?

Seek&Find: Did they say where Johnny C.'s warehouse is for shipping? If it is by other warehouses THOSE warehouses should have cameras and may catch certain cars going in and out.

Honestly, it sounds like JC would have a bunch of connections, possibly dozens and dozens, who could disappear a car within a few hours. One of his associates could have driven it to a chop shop, dismantled it, scattered the pieces in a junk yard or dump...

“This was just a location where our investigators believe there may be some information that could lead us to the whereabouts of Mr. Smith.”

“Fully suited, lotta guns, I heard them on the loudspeaker asking whoever lived in the house to come out, you’re completely surrounded, there’s no way out,” he said.
link

More video of search here. Warrant served at 7:30 AM per LE. House was searched for eight hours. Different neighbor interviewed. One neighbor says LE asked if she'd ever seen Gavin Smith at that residence and she thinks she may have.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back