TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just though I'd re-post this little gem of a quote for those who missed last night's posts. I am sure that a profiler would have a field day with this one! SA seems to have quite an interesting attitude in regard to women.

To give him the benefit of doubt at this moment in time, it was from 2007, 3-4 years ago, he was a lot younger, probably trying to "be a man" and full of testosterone and albeit very tasteless and vulgar he may have been just trying to show off. If he had said this a week ago, different ballgame all together.JMOO

The BF as everyone is calling him, is a former student of Snyder High School. He attended with my daughters. If he graduated from Snyder, on time. He would have been in the class of 2003. I knew him years ago, and he was quiet. So with that being said, the fact that he did not speak while Billie was being interviewed is not surprising.

What do you know, or what can you find out about his family dynamics and history with girlfriends? Since your daughter is an adult by now, would she be willing to check with High School acquaintences to see what the buzz is? When those formwer classmates realize that SA was the last to see this missing girl, I'm sure there will be talk.

This also explains in what capacity the Snyder PD might have been assisting CCPD. Sometimes acquaintences are more willing to open up when a case has gone national or when speaking with a former classmate than they are with police. Besides, sometimes people only recall things after having a few days to contemplate!

I come from a family of teachers. I have classroom experience with younger teens , both in the classrom and when they are in on-campus suspension. Teachers can't help but notice the ones who just don't respond normally to situations and/ or consequences. We've sometimes found ourselves bemoaning the fact that no matter how hard we try to reach out to a kid and offer opportunities to change their behavior, there are a few who will inevitably end up in the criminal justice system. They are the ones who the teacher remembers even years later, along with the ones who excell. I wonder who remembers SA, and why?

I agree! however, there was a local on last night that said his name is well known around town but she/he didn't elaborate.

It's a small town, no surprise there. Was in meant in a positive or negative way?

Folks usually volunteer to take the poly, whats going on here?

Maybe he already did. If he took one and passed it, I am sure that the family would be overjoyed and Billie would mention it when talking about the case. A passed test would be good news that she would want to share so that the investigation could move on th the next step!

We've seen several cases in which the girlfriend, wife or mother will actually lie to media about test results. I don't think Billie would do that... she wants to find Hailey!

MOO

Maybe he already did. If he took one and passed it, I am sure that the family would be overjoyed and Billie would mention it when talking about the case. A passed test would be good news that she would want to share so that the investigation could move on th the next step!

We've seen several cases in which the girlfriend, wife or mother will actually lie to media about test results. I don't think Billie would do that... she wants to find Hailey!

MOO

denial and love are strong emotions.

I'm at a place where I am having confidence in the investigation and have to believe he's been looked at, HARD.

LE is playing this SUPER close to the vest. Giving them the benefit of the doubt along with her family members and even the BF right now.

I can't wait for Nancy Grace tonight!! And I agree with everyone. I think they need to look at the boyfriend simply because he was the last one to see her. If she took nothing when she left then either he is lying or the little girl did. IDK.

True, but I remain hopeful that this is the worst of his background. Being a jerk online isn't illegal. So far no one's uncovered anything worse.

It's not only illegal behavior that could be very useful in considering if a man has a healthy and non-violent attitude toward women. Any violent behavior, from violent words or entertainment to physically violent behavior is a known indicator of the probability of future violent acts. There are many habits or attitudes which are harmful or wrong, but are not illegal.

The boyfriends myspace page he was using in 2007 has a lovely blog entry.

snipped and paraphrased:

GET A F@CKING LIFE, A REAL JOB, REAL T*TS AND SEW YOUR C*NT UP!

IMO, a person who posts the type of statement he did and choses to leave it on his profile long after the initial anger should have passed is dangerous and cruel. That's just how I see it.

MOO

Need to get ready for a meeting, but finally caught up here.

Here is my map again...
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...77457840198355.000498a54a49c9ef478db&t=h&z=13

It currently has on it
* Hailey/Billie's House
* Hotel where Hailey was possibly at
* Hailey's School & Vigil Location
* RSOs in close proximity
* Bodies of Water & Parks

I would like to add
* Father's House
* SA's House
* Friend's House that Hailey was to be spending the night
* Any other pertinent info

Reasoning for wanting the father's house and the friend's house is to see which direction Hailey may have been heading when she left and which direction she may have changed course.

With regard to the boarded up/abandoned houses, are we certain that these are stilll the case, as in eyewitness knowledge of there current state? Just asking because the street view for the hotel, does not even show the hotel, as it is too new for the mapping. However, if I understand correctly, it has been there for about a year.

So my thinking is the streetview and maps are not necessarily that current and the state of these houses may have changed. Anyone have 1st hand knowledge?

It's a small town, no surprise there. Was in meant in a positive or negative way?

Not sure. This is from two seperate posts and posters:

The BF (SA) sure does have a lot of bad people with the same name. Not him in any of the pics or records I've found, though...

That name is known in that area.

So FWIW

What do we know about the postings earlier on in this thread that stated he was a public figure?

It was a mistake. They were talking about the LE officer who was mentioned in a comment on a newspaper article.

KWYM. My DH is right across the room from me and he would be hardpressed to recall what I have on Now!
I read last night Hailey was wearing pink and white shoes, which I guess I assumed tennis shoes but then it was posted how upset her Mother was because she left in Flip Flops and didn't take her hoodie and might be cold.

I wonder if the description is accurate.

I guess it would be easier to remember the clothes if it was what she wore often when just hanging out at the house, but it would be even easier for a man to remember if he was involved in an extended struggle or interaction with someone who was wearing those clothes. JMO

Why does the boyfriend need to be at her house when she is at work anyway if he is not supervising children on her (the mother's) behalf? I think it is weird that a grown man needs to hang out with teenagers in the middle of the day. Especially when he was not taking an active parental role. Such as verifying she was on her way to x and that x mother approved. Asking if she had all she needs with her. And most importantly calling mom to see if she had ok'd it.

good morning all. Are there any new developments before I go get aught up? TIA

With regard to the boarded up/abandoned houses, are we certain that these are stilll the case, as in eyewitness knowledge of there current state? Just asking because the street view for the hotel, does not even show the hotel, as it is too new for the mapping. However, if I understand correctly, it has been there for about a year.

So my thinking is the streetview and maps are not necessarily that current and the state of these houses may have changed. Anyone have 1st hand knowledge?

~snipped by me for space~
~BBM~
What I saw was streetview and saw boarded houses.
Any locals? Are these still boarded up or any new ones boarded since streetview pics taken?

Not sure. This is from two seperate posts and posters:

The BF (SA) sure does have a lot of bad people with the same name. Not him in any of the pics or records I've found, though...

That name is known in that area.

So FWIW

We need a local. Someone tell us...known for what? Bad or Good? Family reputation? Can someone help us out on this one? What is SA, ( Mom's BF), or his last name, known for in the area?

This case has been particularly troubling for me, as Colorado City is only about an hour from here AND I have a 13 year old daughter, cheerleader, etc., etc.

Many, many questions still to answer, but I'm hoping news will develop a little faster now that Nancy is on the case!

That 30-minute phone call that the neighbor said she saw Hailey making around noon outside... Who was she calling? AND... why can't the mom just scroll through her "calls made" list? I guess either she set the options on the phone not to store numbers dialed, or Hailey deleted it from the record. Does this puzzle anyone else - why they have to get the records?

Remember Stacy Peterson? She was afraid of her husband. He used the cell phone as a way of monitoring her 24/7. I wonder if Billie or Hailey were afraid of someone snooping in their call or text history?

Okay, with regard to SA, I know nothing about him, except what I have read here, and while I agree that things seem hinky with him, these are just my thoughts...

I do not necessarily find it strange that he drops by the house on a regular basis and at various times throughout the day. We do not know what his line of work is. He may have a job with variable hours and may drop in and out for lunch or just to hang out if he has some down time. I personally do not find it all that strange. I had a BF who used to do the same because my house was closer to where he would do most of his work. Maybe Billie's house is closer to where he generally works, maybe not. We just don't have enough info. But apparently Billie did not find it strange for him to drop in at various times. She assumed that he dropped over at lunch time, but maybe whatever he does for a living cause him to work later that day than normal and he took a late lunch or simply got off early. We just don't know.

I have a feeling that Billie was pretty lax with the kids, not necessarily in a bad way, but more of a small town, nothing will happen to my kids kind of way, as far as arrangements and when and where they are at various times. I don't find it all that strange that Hailey just told SA in passing that she was going ot her dad's and then to her friend's house and to have him tell her mom. Especially since it was Christmas break, the rules may have been even more relaxed. If it were during school time, maybe the rules about when and where the kids are is more strict.

I also don't find it strange that she was on the phone for a 1/2 hour outside in the backyard, if that is indeed the case. I recall spending tons of time on the phone talking to friends etc. Sometimes, if it was nice, I will go outside, not necessarily to get away from people, but just because I liked being outside.

Anyway, as I said, I do find issues with SA, but wanted to show a different perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member