Japan: 9.0 Earthquake-Tsunami-Nuclear Reactor Developments #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had Anderson Cooper on this whole time (sound down so I could hear this stream) but so far I haven't seen or heard anything about the PM's press conference or any of this information that we've been listening to.

Hi Wise Old Owl, I just got back and started watching Anderson and he says it's live but I see no LIVE on the screen. Is this a repeat of earlier this afternoon? Well, if it is I hope they break in with any changes in status. xox

they are still trying to build a new sarchofagus for chernobyl.... the original 1 was meant to last 30 years and it's now leaking water into it... they don't have the $1 it will take to make it.. it's started... but... they are 10 years behind on buidling it...

I agree that it's too soon to predict the outcome. But I still believe the public is due a statement from Washington stating exactly what you have just posted.

You're more likely to hear how they need to raise taxes to fund a long term study of the effects of Japans disaster on the environment.

What about a dome? Ok ok ok - I know - Stephen King fan here. But still - what about it? Wouldn't it contain it? Could we get one that big that quick? I know they have built biospheres - couldn't they put that plant under a dome?

They have a spare dome down in New Orleans, don't they? I hear it's empty now.

What about a dome? Ok ok ok - I know - Stephen King fan here. But still - what about it? Wouldn't it contain it? Could we get one that big that quick? I know they have built biospheres - couldn't they put that plant under a dome?

Maybe they could pull up that huge useless one from the bottom of the ocean where it didn't fix the BP spill and re-work it to put over top of the reactor???

Anderson Cooper tweeted that they are leaving the area.

they are still trying to build a new sarchofagus for chernobyl.... the original 1 was meant to last 30 years and it's now leaking water into it... they don't have the $1 it will take to make it.. it's started... but... they are 10 years behind on buidling it...

That's been deteriorating for years. I think the last I heard they were shoveling sand over it. I wonder if it's dead yet?

I'm wondering about Shepard Smith now too. He's over there now as well. It amazed me that all the big whig news anchors and reporters high tailed it over there. Now, they just might be high tailing it outta there.

this feels like it's all happening in slow motion

I want to scream FIGURE SOMETHING OUT!

all these countries, all these leaders, all these experts and it seems like just a bunch of talking heads DOING NOTHING

this is unbelievably surreal

Personally I think it's premature to expect answers about what type of effects will occur in the U.S.

This I know, it will be monitored by the military. In Japan several military personnel will be wearing stick pins that measure the amount of exposure in a day and read each day. The air Force will be doing reconnaissance flights looking for radiation in the earths atmosphere.

Until we have contamination reports and readings confirming radiation approaching the U.S., I'm seeing it as speculation. I see no reason to fear the radiation occurring in Japan to mean we will be contaminated here in the U.S. Even their own evacuation is only 20-30 kilometers.

20 km = 12.4274 mi.
30 km = 18.6411 mi.

At 30 KM they expect radiation to be decreased to almost zero.
Dosen't mean it's true but only specific readings can tell the actual picture.
JMO

Hi Peliman, If there is a radioactive cloud do you think it will follow the path f the Tsunami, east to Hawaii first and then the west coast of North America?

With no one manning the reactors it is just in God's hands now as to what happens IMO. I hope all life is a safe distance away, and what, west. Is 30 kilometers about 20 miles? Ta

I am more afraid of the other kind of containment dome. The kind where the government says, "We have saved everyone we can, sorry for those of you that we couldn't reach in time, but if you're there, stay put and we will pray for you. We can't let you out of the containment area, but we promise to drop in some food and water if it's safe for us to do so."

I know, I know, that's a Stephen King scenario right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa