State v Bradley Cooper 5-3-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant strategy - point by point listing of "doubts" - nice visual that will stick with the jurors. Any one of these points are individually enough for reasonable doubt.

Well done.

Well done Kurtz.
He even got the MFT data in.
He didn't need the expert.
He put the MFT on the "buffet table table of evidence", made a graphic representation of it and formed opinions based on it in closing. He got the evidence in and it was not subject to cross examination.
Very clever.

That's true. And the prosecution can't explain why those files all have the same timestamp since there was no testimony explaining what could have happened. The only thing they can offer is Chappelle saying he doesn't believe the computer was tampered with.

Wonder if HK wife is in the courtroom. She is an attorney in Wake County.

I think that a lot of what he said today was smoke and mirrors.....however the slide showing the invalid timestamps all red was impressive...especially when they showed 0% prior. Too bad someone had not tried to recreate this scenerio in a test to counter the argument. The prosecution had better spend some time on this to dispell the tampering theory.

I'm not sure how they can. They didn't refute it during the trial. Again, they only thing they can say is that the witness said he didn't believe there was tampering. It was a powerful visual.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Defense attny Robert Trenkle: There is physical evidence in this case, but there's no physical evidence that implicates Brad. #coopertrial

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Trenkle: No blood, no bodily fluid in Brad's trunk. Nancy's body was never in Brad's trunk. #coopertrial

I'm impressed with Trenkle.

If he's found guilty, BC can never say he didn't get the best defense possible.

That's right. Cannot imagine what Trenkle will speak about.

*On a side note, I am not at all impressed with Kurtz argument. JMO

I just couldn't take it, had to leave, get a few things done around here, order flowers to be sent for Mother's Day, etc. Kurtz voice made my blood pressure rise to high. Trenkle has a much more pleasing tone. With Kurtz, it wasn't the *words* that were getting to me, it was the tone. :(

I have to say that Trenkle is very good, but I still think BC is guilty. I am counting on the Prosecution bringing it home!

I luv when an attorney does the no notes thing, if they know their stuff.....

so much more impressive imo

Like a waitor/waitress with no order sheet. Always impressive to me.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Trenkle: The house, the car, everywhere they tested, no blood, no bodily fluids, no evidence. #coopertrial

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Cooper defense presents closing arguments http://bit.ly/lcvuue

I'm impressed with Trenkle.

If he's found guilty, BC can never say he didn't get the best defense possible.

Trenkle gives a great closing argument. Yes, BC has had great representation.

great points regarding the dress............the jury is probably as over the dress issue as i am:maddening:

and good point on the tire tracks

Like a waitor/waitress with no order sheet. Always impressive to me.

although i always worry.......am i gonna get the right thing?:floorlaugh:

if BC walks it will be because of Trenkle. he's got the right approach here.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Trenkle: Tire tracks leading to Nancy's body do not match tires on Coopers' cars. Brad Cooper was not out there. #coopertrial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks